Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-27.html)

The already over priced Nissan Terrano is supposedly undergoing a cost hike due to exchange rates amounting to +30k.
That is a huge increase in terms of value for money. Will anyone still be interested in the Terrano.
It is not worth this premium I feel.
I was more hoping for the Nissan to reduce the cost of the terrano in few months so as to increase the sales.
I doubt the Terrano made as many booking as the Duster to afford a cost increase at this early start of sales.
I would have blindly bought the car if it had costed 10% lesser.

Ohh of course the hike would decrease the volume of sales as the Duster becomes much more attractive (Financially). But for those who the Terrano still appeals to, that may be a small nail in the wall.

It would make more sense to wait for the Duster refresh, but I needed the car sooner than later so here I am with only 202 Kms on the car.

Petrol average 8.9 in the city and close to 11.8 on the Highway. I expect those numbers to raise a bit as the 1k mark approaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3336582)
I do get a nice THUD when closing the front doors, havent sat in the back at all yet. I have only 180Kms on the car now.

Although the headunit is fine on the Terrano and the duster, it could use some Jazz up to make it a bit more featurefilled. Thankfully it goes to Night mode and dims it when it knows its dark outside (probably to do with the time instead of any other sensor).

Its more like an Ambassador like sound when you close the door IMHO. The lack of beading and rubber creates that metal on metal sound which reminds one of the yesteryears. I have a duster and i speak from experience.

Just as an update: I filled up 35 liters of premium fuel, reset the trip meter and now I am seeing 10.8 kmpl in the City and 12.3 on the Highway.

Oddly enough, if you are at a light for a few minutes, AC off and watch the fuel remaining meter, it dropped .5 liters in 5 minutes, doesn't sound fair at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3339202)
Just as an update: I filled up 35 liters of premium fuel, reset the trip meter and now I am seeing 10.8 kmpl in the City and 12.3 on the Highway.

Oddly enough, if you are at a light for a few minutes, AC off and watch the fuel remaining meter, it dropped .5 liters in 5 minutes, doesn't sound fair at all.

Half Litre in 5 minutes?:Shockked:

How did we deduce its Half litre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3339202)
it dropped .5 liters in 5 minutes, doesn't sound fair at all.

How did you find the reduction of .5ltrs? Each fuel block in the meter console represents ~5ltr, same as duster

Quote:

Originally Posted by achopraa (Post 3339212)
Half Litre in 5 minutes?:Shockked:

How did we deduce its Half litre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ::CMS:: (Post 3339221)
How did you find the reduction of .5ltrs? Each fuel block in the meter console represents ~5ltr, same as duster

By going to the field where it states how much fuel is remaining, it was 28.3 when I was at the traffic light, after a minute it went to 28.2, then 28.1, 28, 27.9 and so on. I noticed I was at the light for aprox 5 minutes or so, and when I was getting ready to go, it went to 27.8.

Not sure how to deduce that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3339447)
By going to the field where it states how much fuel is remaining, it was 28.3 when I was at the traffic light, after a minute it went to 28.2, then 28.1, 28, 27.9 and so on. I noticed I was at the light for aprox 5 minutes or so, and when I was getting ready to go, it went to 27.8.

Not sure how to deduce that.

No worries its the fuel shaking in the tank and at the signal it was settled, which was the correct reading for you :)

Usually the computer averages out the level to show the reading.

Duster/Terrano does not show real time fuel consumption. The readings are averaged for a trip. Distance covered, fuel consumed and average speed. If you want to see the fuel consumption happening at the moment, just reset the trip meter and the computer starts displaying results after 40meters.

Thanks so much. No wonder I was stuck at 8.8 KMPL for over 3 days when I knew I did some highway driving.

So how often should you reset? I filled up fuel 2 days ago and its averaged out to 10.7 right now, would it show the correct reading tomorrow OR should I reset it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3339457)
Duster/Terrano does not show real time fuel consumption.

Use an OBD Reader. It will not only show instantaneous Consumption but also many other Parameters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3339480)
So how often should you reset? I filled up fuel 2 days ago and its averaged out to 10.7 right now, would it show the correct reading tomorrow OR should I reset it?

You should reset it when you Fuel Up (Assuming you do a Full Tank Up) and then it will start showing the Average Fuel Consumption since last Tank Full.

Say I filled up only 40 liters and not FULL tank, would that be alright? OR a FULL tank would be needed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3339500)
Say I filled up only 40 liters and not FULL tank, would that be alright? OR a FULL tank would be needed?

If you are testing fuel consumption, then full tank to full tank gives you the most accurate reading.

You can reset the trip computer any time. Let's say you want to find the stats for your office travel, or monthly averages. I do it while filling my tank.

The fuel consumption shown on trip computer is pretty close to real.

Link to my trip log

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

Guys, any coating you could put on the paint. ie. teflon, etc? 3M Car Care has their "Coating", but I am not sure of what it is exactly. They claim it lasts 6 months, but is it just a wax and polish job or much more?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvmalik (Post 3340155)
Guys, any coating you could put on the paint. ie. teflon, etc? 3M Car Care has their "Coating", but I am not sure of what it is exactly. They claim it lasts 6 months, but is it just a wax and polish job or much more?

Get a paint sealant treatment. It fills into the pours and protects the paint from weather.

I feel Waxoyl is a better option. They come home and do it, just need a wipe cleaned car for them to start work. Try Orange Care, if they have an authorized dealership near you. It works cheaper than 3M too.

Apart from the 3M PPF no other treatment will save you from scratches. The cost of PPF to me is not worth the investment, unless you own a high end luxury car which costs a bomb to repaint.

Thanks HillMan,

Just called up 3M here and they said 4300+tax for a synthetic car protection and 2800+tax for a Natural protection package.

I wasnt sure whether the synthetic protection he is referring to is the PPF or not.

I am from the U.S and we have simple car washes all around, so I am looking for something to hop in and out quickly without the worry of these crazy rates of "Washes", I mean Rs400 is a bit too much for just a wash and wipe. I would do it myself daily, but that would start becoming a chore.

Could you apply car wax over this synthetic protection package?