Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 23:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Ashok Leyland Stile : Official Review

Looks like a nice attempt by AL. The front looks way better than the Evalia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sorry, but did you park the vehicle (No driver inside in pic) on a highway/bridge to click this pic? While its understood it's to link to the truck manufacturer, it still could have been avoided as we as a community speak a lot about road safety. Ignore this if it was an entirely free stretch.

Interestingly, the above pic has something from background going in sync to show how it will look like an Ambulance/airport vehicle

Quote:
Moderator Vid6639 tried this and it nearly damaged his marriage prospects!
that pic. lol

Last edited by ganesc : 21st November 2013 at 23:57.
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
BTW, what is this MID?
Multi Information Display also referred to as the MFD, multi function display. The digital display on the instrument cluster that displays useful information such as the trip distance, fuel efficiency, distance to empty, average speed, outdoor temperature, time etc. among others.

Examples

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2013 at 00:09.
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Multi Information Display also referred to as the MFD, multi function display. The digital display on the instrument cluster that displays useful information such as the trip distance, fuel efficiency, distance to empty, average speed, outdoor temperature, time etc. among others.

Examples
Gotcha! My bad, thanks for the heads up. I thought it was some other term related to the UV. And then came to know it's the same old stuff.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 22nd November 2013 at 00:13.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post

Sorry, but did you park the vehicle (No driver inside in pic) on a highway/bridge to click this pic? While its understood it's to link to the truck manufacturer, it still could have been avoided as we as a community speak a lot about road safety. Ignore this if it was an entirely free stretch.
Empty ramp near the airport. This was just after a toll gate. We waited for a long time for a car to pass by, it was that empty. I luckily saw the AL truck and we got down to take a pic in a flash. Note the hazards were on but the pic was taken when they were blinking. You cannot try this on the other busy ramp.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 23:47   #35
BHPian

It certainly is a people mover, only concern, is with the price tag, there is some tough competition from both Tata's and The Chevy Enjoy coming into the picture, with similar prices.
All the best to Leyand though, it surely will be a Hit, with the Hotels who provide airport pick up facilities!
P.S. Backseat is for children only, hope Leyland mentions that, and save's people from the 'Pain'
Old 1st December 2013, 12:17   #36
Team-BHP Support

I was tyrekicking in the Mahindra showroom yesterday, the Xylo has a much superior rear seat folding mechanism
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Suppose this will sell in pretty good numbers in Rural South India. We have a lot of Tata Ace which doubles up as a people mover and i will not be surprised to see this doing similar duty.

How good is the roof so that it can be adapted with a luggage carrier?
Old 18th January 2014, 09:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a typical people mover for the IT cabs type of application. If we look around it is currently dominated by the Sumo and recently there have been many new Chevy Enjoys around.

Not sure how much cheaper or frugal it is compared to these two main competitors, since this segment looks for cheap, max capacity (read upto 10 passengers if possible), high mileage and very importantly a super reliable product which runs day and night.

Have a feeling it does not match up to the space and the pricing front else would have been seen on the roads by now.
Old 18th January 2014, 18:31   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
This seems to be a typical people mover for the IT cabs type of application. If we look around it is currently dominated by the Sumo and recently there have been many new Chevy Enjoys around.

Not sure how much cheaper or frugal it is compared to these two main competitors, since this segment looks for cheap, max capacity (read upto 10 passengers if possible), high mileage and very importantly a super reliable product which runs day and night.

Have a feeling it does not match up to the space and the pricing front else would have been seen on the roads by now.
You have a point, I have not seen any Stiles on the road beyond dealer vehicles. The prices quoted probably merit looking for alternatives and Chevrolet who are desperate for sales must be offering big discounts
Old 15th February 2014, 21:12   #40

The top end model costs around 11.5 lakhs on road in Bangalore. Is it worth it? I don't think so. An Innova or Ertiga is better.
Old 6th July 2014, 21:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
The top end model costs around 11.5 lakhs on road in Bangalore. Is it worth it? I don't think so. An Innova or Ertiga is better.
We continue to see more enjoys join the road, while I finally saw a stile in the flesh yesterday on the OMR.

Has it sold at all? Or has it been still born? I had hopes from this vehicle but the pricing has ruined it mostly, IMHO.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:45   #42

Mod Note: Post EDITED. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

I dont htink this vehicle can click in the market, its purely for commercial purpose only, where you already have the quanto, xylo, ertiga and not to forget Evalia.

It seems a very difficult road ahead for AL.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2014 at 16:52.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:00   #43
Team-BHP Support

As I mentioned somewhere, you hardly see them

From todays Business Standard

Quote:
Ashok Leyland, the Chennai-based truck and bus maker, has not given up on its maiden passenger vehicle venture, despite poor sales. Its multi-seater Stile van saw sales of only 311 units in the April 2014-January 2015 period, less than half the same period of the previous year, when it was 694 units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

While Nissan and Renault are struggling hard to build their brands, Ashok Leyland is an established name within the transport sector. The Dost range also helped Ashok Leyland crank up an enviable sales & service network within India. You can see where this is going, when one realizes that the Stile is aimed squarely at the commercial and rural markets. A quick glance at the service network shows that its dealers are based in the industrial suburbs or rural areas.
They admit this was a major flaw

Quote:
One reason the Stile has not done well is distribution strategy. The company set up retail outlets for the Stile within its existing truck showrooms, most of which are outside city limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Clearly it's a vehicle targeting the commercial segment. But considering a cheaper Ertiga and Enjoy available in the menu, I seriously doubt this will be any success in India. As a trial launch into a new segment this could be a serious learning curve for leyland to understand the end customers and usage.
More in the article here
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:49   #44
BHPian

Does the STILE require an LCV license to drive? Can it be a personal "White Board" vehicle?
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks