Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/151680-maruti-celerio-official-review-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harisreez (Post 3680886)
1. Shuddering at slow speed - As if the vehicle will switch off any moment - Basically auto clutch not engaging properly is what I understand.

Looks like the setting (AMT unit) of the clutch needs to be checked and readjusted.

Quote:

2. Sudden surge in power in 1st and 2nd gears especially after down shifting from 4/5th gears.

If I can understand the problem correctly, the gear downshifting from 4th/5th to 1st/2nd is only possible under heavy deceleration causing RPM blip (Read over-revving). What is the speed of the car when you experience this and also what is the RPM?

Successive downshifting shouldn't get the surge in power as the clutch will sync with the engine speed.

Can you try to downshift from 5th to 1st/2nd using the Manual mode (Gradual downshifting) to see if the surge is felt or no.

Quote:

3. A jump/jerk noticed sometimes after shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

Again the setting is incorrect.

I guess not many owners are there for Celerio or for that matter even the AMT variant. I am waiting in line for the release of ZXI AMT variant so that I can buy it.

Slightly OT:

Waiting period is currently 1 month in Hyderabad for VXi AMT irrespective of the colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3681453)
Looks like the setting (AMT unit) of the clutch needs to be checked and readjusted.

Hi,

Update on this issue: Got the car back on Monday. The issue was with the pressure plate not releasing properly from the clutch plate. They have replaced the entire clutch unit costing Rs 1600 ,Free of cost and resolved the issue.

Having said that from the interaction with the service team what I understood is that, currently there is no way for them to debug the issue other than replacing the parts one by one starting from Clutch unit, AMT sensor and then the hydraulics unit. Also there are 3 other such issues reported in Bangalore alone which were also resolved by replacing either of the clutch unit or the sensor:eek:

Also the root cause of the issue is yet to be identified. As per the Manager service, they will come to know of the root cause only after the old clutch unit is diagnosed by Maruti.

In the meantime I can only hope the issue doesn't recur again.

Maruti Celerio ZXi AMT confirmed for launch

Maruti celebrates Celerio's first anniversary by introducing AMT in top-end ZXi model, prices yet to be revealed.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ch-394954.aspx

I was waiting for quite some time for the zxi amt, but it seems it isn't the zxi(o) model as speculated earlier, sources are conflicting on the number of airbags and there's no ABS. All this makes it a futile wait.

Name:  Screenshot from 20150509 223703.png
Views: 6629
Size:  389.3 KB

Only one airbag and no ABS ? WTH Maruti. This is the reason why we didn't select a Celerio even last year and went for a Brio. You still aren't giving me reasons to regret my decision to increase our budget by 2 Lakhs. Oh well. Honda is my bae :D

Hi Celerio mates,

Booked my Celerio Vxi AMT last week and the car has arrived in the yard yesterday. Did a check on the car this morning, it is the glistening grey colored one.

The chassis no: MA3ETDE1S00196262
EN. No: K10BN1847831.

I need to know the manufacturing year and month of car. Can anyone of you help me in finding out the details ?

Thanks & regards.

Dr. Kannan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drkannant (Post 3704356)
The chassis no: MA3ETDE1S00196262
EN. No: K10BN1847831.

Give the VIN that is 21 characters starting with MA3.. You have given only 17 characters.

Took delivery of my Celerio Sliver colour on 19/05/2015. 650 Kms done so far
Do i need to get the oil changed at First service?
The manual says there is no need for oil change until the 3rd service

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamz_mak (Post 3718237)
Took delivery of my Celerio Sliver colour on 19/05/2015. 650 Kms done so far
Do i need to get the oil changed at First service?
The manual says there is no need for oil change until the 3rd service

If you go by the manual then not needed but if you want to them you can go ahead and change.

Oil is the not one that needs change in a new car, it is the oil filter that traps all shrouds, metal shavings etc.

If you go ahead too change, then change both the oil and oil filter.

how high is the seat of a Wagon R compared to Celerio ? i have a big problem of lights coming in face during nights and i feel wagon r will be good for me. Thinking of buying either a wagonr cng or celerio cng. The price difference between two is nearly 50 after all discounts. But paying the extra 50k all i get is wider 14inch tyres and a speedo with tacho. Power windows i dont really care about. is the extra 50k worth it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 3719934)
how high is the seat of a Wagon R compared to Celerio ? i have a big problem of lights coming in face during nights and i feel wagon r will be good for me. Thinking of buying either a wagonr cng or celerio cng. The price difference between two is nearly 50 after all discounts. But paying the extra 50k all i get is wider 14inch tyres and a speedo with tacho. Power windows i dont really care about. is the extra 50k worth it ?

Celerio is not a tall boy car like Wagon-R, Still the seating position is not too low. Wagon-R is a better built car than Celerio. Wagon-R VXI weights 885kg while Celerio ZXI weights 830 KG. In addition to the tacho you mentioned, Celerio got a MID which provides you with Fuel consumption data and DTE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhawik (Post 3523148)
I bought a Celerio ZXi a month back. It has keyless entry but strangely there are no beeps that accompany the locking and unlocking the car.The keyless entry locks and unlocks the doors for me, but I have a tough time tracking the car in a parking lot when there is no beep when I unlock. I am sure that there is no siren as I got it checked during my first service.
Can I only install a speaker so that it beeps along with the flashing of the indicator lights? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil_k_u (Post 3526745)
Hi,

I too have a Celerio Zxi and went through the same dilemma as you, when realized that the remote key operation doesn't result any beeps/chirps. Only the indicator signal lamps (2 rear indicators, 2 front indicators and 2 on the ORVMs) blink during door lock/ unlock actions.

I did check the owner's manual and realized that the related configuration is done using the two 'selector switches' on the speedo/ odometer console. When checked I realized that enabling the beeps is combined with the security system in the car - the security system is fitted only with the Zxi (O) variant! There is no security system installed on Zxi variant (and hence related settings/options are not available). This also goes with the fact that there is only one key with remote lock/unlock buttons on it. The spare key is a normal key (Zxi (O) variant gets two keys with door lock/unlock buttons on them). Maruti played a miser in things like this, I guess - another example: there is no remote control for the Audio System in Zxi variant (same is available with Zxi(O) variant).

This was taken up with the SA later and he mentioned that beeps/chirps while lock/ unlock -ing can be enabled with the help of Nippon (OEM for the electronics) engineer. However, I noticed that there is no buzzer/ speaker to produce the beep in the engine bay - so, I thought a buzzer needs to be installed even if we were successful in getting it enabled (I was not comfortable with installing additional hardware on this lease car). Also, I thought the beeps are not very important/ useful for me and dropped the whole idea.

Hope the above information is useful for you. However, feel free t take it up with the SA as well as dealer and see if the beeps/ chirps can be enabled, if that is important for you.

Thanks/Sunil.

We have been also looking at ZXi not ZXi (O).

What I see is that ZXi does not come equipped with (Anti-Theft) Security System but ZXi (O) does come with it. The above issues are essentially due to this.

Any progress on your issue and have you or anybody with ZXi tried installing Security System accessory in your ZXis? Also the Security System will have to integrate with the Remote Key/Keyless Entry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3728895)
Any progress on your issue and have you or anybody with ZXi tried installing Security System accessory in your ZXis? Also the Security System will have to integrate with the Remote Key/Keyless Entry.

Hi Parsh,

Not really. As mentioned in my previous post, I was not comfortable in getting additional equipment installed on my leased car. Hence I did not go ahead with the idea of installing security system or the remote lock/unlock beep.

Thanks,
Sunil.

I am interested in buying the Celerio ZXI AMT as our second car. I was at the dealer "Fair Deal" in NOIDA and he said ZXI AMT wont be hitting the market at all. He said Maruti Suzuki has no such plans.:Shockked: I told the SE that it is there on the website and it was even there on his price list but he was quite adamant about the fact that ZXI AMT wont be coming anytime soon. He said even bookings are not open yet. He showed us the VXI version which was on display and said it is available in ready stock. I will be checking at other dealers as well about the ZXI varient. Has anyone else faced this problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarth.katyal (Post 3735241)
I am interested in buying the Celerio ZXI AMT as our second car. I was at the dealer "Fair Deal" in NOIDA and he said ZXI AMT wont be hitting the market at all. He said Maruti Suzuki has no such plans.:Shockked: I told the SE that it is there on the website and it was even there on his price list but he was quite adamant about the fact that ZXI AMT wont be coming anytime soon. He said even bookings are not open yet. He showed us the VXI version which was on display and said it is available in ready stock. I will be checking at other dealers as well about the ZXI varient. Has anyone else faced this problem?

I just talked to the SA here in Coimbatore. He confirmed that ZXi AMT is very much available and has a waiting period of 2 to 3 weeks.