Team-BHP - Tata Zest : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Zest : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/153946-tata-zest-official-review-69.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSR (Post 3552600)
The Zest is off to a pretty good start during the initial few months in terms of sales numbers.

Looking at the market response plus more than 10K initial bookings, I was expecting around 5-6K nos.
3.3K is quite less for a newly launched car which has been received well in the market or did they misjudged the demand and are struggling with capacity issues.

Spotted this Zest test mule at Khed Shivapur toll plaza near Pune last week. note taht front wheel is an alloy (not the Zest design alloy either) and rear a steel rim. Also note the fuel tank lid which is different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isandy (Post 3551730)
My Revtron Zest Dune Beige XT was supposed to reach tomorrow, but out of curiosity called in to check the status, and pleasantly got update that it reached the yard of Prerana motors at Nelamangala on outskirts of Bangalore late yesterday evening clap:

Planning to do a PDI tomorrow at the yard and try to get delivery on Friday afternoon :)

Have you completed the PDI? Now that the car is in the yard, when is the expected date of delivery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.MJet (Post 3552995)
Looking at the market response plus more than 10K initial bookings, I was expecting around 5-6K nos.
3.3K is quite less for a newly launched car which has been received well in the market or did they misjudged the demand and are struggling with capacity issues.

I think there are 3 reasons:
1. Reports mention that Tata Motors had concentrated on stocking up on the lower models XE and XM. Most bookings seem to be for XMS and XT.
2. The biggest pull factor- the affordable diesel auto- is a model not available yet.
3. The zest excites many prospective buyers but people are also wary of Tata Motors past. Expect the monthly sales to go up IF the first few months of on the road buzz about the car is very good.

So, 2015 could be a good year for tata motors with the diesel auto and the Bolt hatch launched. But, things in a market are not static. There's also the risk from a refreshed Dzire and the aggressive marketing for Amaze and Xcent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guptad42 (Post 3553167)
2. The biggest pull factor- the affordable diesel auto- is a model not available yet.

I think AMT deliveries have started, refer post# 976 couple of pages back.

Edit: One of the member has already got his AMT delivered, refer post# 911

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkMar (Post 3552999)
...Also note the fuel tank lid which is different.

The lid is not different. Its the inner lid which actually has the locking latch. This is a standard Tata part in Vista, Manza and the lot. The outer metal lid that we see all the time, is attached on top of this inner holder.

The covered zest looks like a lowest model - no fog lamps and the door handles are black.

And for me, I'm having a lovely time with my zest xt. Although after 500 odd km the engine has started sound a little rough, maybe first service might solve the problem.

Another question, has anyone confirmed that the silver AMC clubbed with the package will have synthetic oil change or regular mineral oils? Also if I want to get synthetic, will they charge me the full amount or the price of mineral oil would be deducted?

Note from Support - Please avoid using excessive dots between words in your post (abc... xyz... efg...) as it affects readability. Please go through this thread before you post any further.

I drove a friend's diesel zest yesterday and am super impressed with the vehicle. I am not in the market for such a vehicle, but if I had been it would have made a lot of sense. It is reasonably peppy, handles good, rides great, stable at 3 digit speeds, excellent braking, looks neat from the from front 3 quarters, chiller AC, reasonably furnished. What more can anybody ask for at this price point?

Took a Test Drive of both the diesel and petrol models last week. I was looking forward for a second car for my family and also for recommending a friend for his first buy.

Overall the car looks pretty good, very spacious from its direct competitors, NVH levels pretty good and extremely VFM. However I found the diesel variant lacking the punch, the petrol variant on the other hand was exciting to drive. Also the sales person had confirmed to me that the AMT variant will be available for Test Drive by 10th of this month, haven't received a call from him yet

I found the following cons in the car:

1. The steering wheel was pretty small and the feel wasn't good. For tall drivers, it obstructs the view of the speedo console. I am 6ft tall and even with the tilt steering adjusted to the highest level I felt little claustrophobic. I even inquired about the same from the sales guy, he accepted that he has received lot of comments for the steering wheel and he gave me reply that the steering wheel was purposefully designed small to suit city driving. I do not buy his point. The following figure will help explain what I am trying to point out

Tata Zest : Official Review-steering.jpg

2. The rear seat width is quite generous, however at both the edges the material is very soft. Even with the press of a single finger I was able to push the seat material downwards considerably. With three on board the passengers at the edges might feel uncomfortable.

Tata Zest : Official Review-seats.jpg

People who have already bought this amazing vehicle would be able to throw some light on my concerns. As of now I have decided not go ahead for this as my second car, but I am actively considering recommending the XT petrol model to my friend. Will be taking a good long Test Drive next week.

Picture Credits : Taken from Team-bhp official review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadAbtCars (Post 3554048)
1. The steering wheel was pretty small and the feel wasn't good. For tall drivers, it obstructs the view of the speedo console. I am 6ft tall and even with the tilt steering adjusted to the highest level I felt little claustrophobic. I even inquired about the same from the sales guy, he accepted that he has received lot of comments for the steering wheel and he gave me reply that the steering wheel was purposefully designed small to suit city driving. I do not buy his point.

2. The rear seat width is quite generous, however at both the edges the material is very soft. Even with the press of a single finger I was able to push the seat material downwards considerably. With three on board the passengers at the edges might feel uncomfortable.

People who have already bought this amazing vehicle would be able to throw some light on my concerns. As of now I have decided not go ahead for this as my second car, but I am actively considering recommending the XT petrol model to my friend. Will be taking a good long Test Drive next week.

I initially thought the steering wheel was too small too. But I now find it brilliant to use, very easy to use to weave through the traffic. I have now however put a leather cover on top of it so it feels just a little bit thicker & more plush. I guess its a personal thing.

My family who uses the rear seat finds it pretty good, but the adult in middle is not as comfortable due to ridges & a rump on the floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3554135)
I initially thought the steering wheel was too small too. But I now ...

Waiting eagerly for your ownership review gsurya.

For the first time today I saw a Zest on the road while going to Nashik. Whoever was driving it was flying and I mean flying since i was doing a good clip myself, it looked really good! Seemed to be very stable at High Speeds!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashi63 (Post 3554304)
For the first time today I saw a Zest on the road while going to Nashik. Whoever was driving it was flying and I mean flying since i was doing a good clip myself, it looked really good! Seemed to be very stable at High Speeds!

By any chance were you able to see whether it was a petrol or diesel? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghav135 (Post 3554431)
By any chance were you able to see whether it was a petrol or diesel? :)

It was the Blue one and since i have already seen the Zest at the Showroom and TD's think it was the Top End Petrol. Not Sure

The steering is great otherwise. However I also have the same issue of the speedo being not visible as I majorly drive with one hand.

Also I remember mention about the contours of thumb and I still am wondering as to how to hold the steering with both hands comfortably.

I'm about to complete 1000 km on diesel XT...will post an initial ownership review soon