Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 11:29   #46
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 616
Thanked: 758 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Great review Vid !

I think the absence of Automatic climate control should be highlighted in "What you won't like:" section. A potential customer will always think it will be there as its a Mercedes vehicle. Even though its explained well in the review, its good to have it highlighted.
LionX is offline  
Old 10th October 2016, 14:52   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,800
Thanked: 7,677 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Mercedes GLA to get AWD

Mercedes-Benz is reported to be gearing up to launch an all-wheel drive (AWD) variant of the GLA SUV in India. It is likely to be called the Mercedes-Benz GLA Activity Edition, and will come with the company's 4MATIC all-wheel drive system.

Mercedes had launched the GLA in India in September 2014. It is based on the same platform that underpins the A-Class hatch. However, the GLA gets a higher ground clearance, flared wheel arches, and various other SUV-ish design elements. The GLA is currently offered with a choice of two 4-cylinder engines - one petrol one diesel. The 1,991 cc petrol engine develops 181 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 300 Nm of torque @ 1,200-4,000 rpm, while the 2,143 cc diesel mill generates 134 BHP @ 3,600-4,400 rpm and 300 Nm of torque @ 1,600-3,000 rpm.

For the AWD version, Mercedes is likely to use the same 2.2-litre diesel unit. However, it will be offered in a higher state of tune. Christened as the GLA 220d 4MATIC, the AWD model is expected to develop 170 BHP and 350 Nm of torque. The power will be sent to all four wheels through the 4MATIC AWD system.

Prices of the GLA 4MATIC are expected to be announced later this week.

Source: Car and Bike

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 10th October 2016 at 15:06.
dZired is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 16:17   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Madras
Posts: 824
Thanked: 2,773 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

GLA AWD variant review by ACI

The variant packs in power power and torque - 34 BHP & 50 NM of torque more than before

Name:  GLA.jpg
Views: 5874
Size:  83.5 KB

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-403242.aspx
Karthik Chandra is offline  
Old 11th February 2017, 14:26   #49
BHPian
 
motor_breathing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Few days back I took a test drive of GLA 200 Sport. The drive was for an hour and in some empty roads and some heavy traffic area of Whitefield.

The car felt very solidly built. Interior space is bit less. It felt similar to the size of an i20. Rear is cramped if the driver is tall. No rear vents but cooling felt ok. The boot size is limited because of the space saver. But the merc guy said it also runs on something similar to Bmw's run flat which can continue for 150km at 80 kmph after a puncture. Still I don't know if its a wise decision to take out the space saver for boot space for long trips.

The seat adjustment is funnily placed on the door. Sometimes its difficult to use. Controls on the seat base definitely is a better place. Ride is a bit harsh. I felt it similar to ride of a brio. Gear box is pretty lethargic in comfort and eco mode but its very comfortable in heavy traffic conditions. Acceleration is pretty good in sport mode. My daily driver is an Octavia 1.8tsi. This 2.0 petrol didn't seem as fast. Maybe because of the higher kerb weight.

I quite liked the gear lever on steering column. And also foot activated hold function by pressing the brake pedal deeper. Steering felt very good to hold, but horn too stiff to press. Music system sounded awesome inspite of not having a subwoofer. Because of the incoming face lift, some discounts are there. I think they will come to 30L exshowroom price Bangalore. The car is indeed good but didn't impress me enough to sell my Octavia and go for it.
motor_breathing is offline  
Old 5th July 2017, 15:15   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nearby
Posts: 61
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

The 2017 facelift of the GLA has been launched in India, starting at a price of 30.65 lakhs for the 200 Sport and topping out at 36.75 lakhs for the 220d 4MATIC. All prices are ex-showroom post GST.

The facelift does not have the honour of getting the newly developed 2 litre diesels from Mercedes. Those would have been perfect for the little SUV in my opinion.

Last edited by Stratosphere : 5th July 2017 at 15:16.
Stratosphere is offline  
Old 24th November 2018, 15:22   #51
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Guys! Whats your opinion on used GLA45 AMGs. There are many floating around (2014-2015) which have done 20,000 - 25,000 KMs.

What should be the asking price for this kind of car and being an AMG, is that mileage too high?
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 24th November 2018, 20:00   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10,061
Thanked: 8,796 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Guys! Whats your opinion on used GLA45 AMGs. There are many floating around (2014-2015) which have done 20,000 - 25,000 KMs.

What should be the asking price for this kind of car and being an AMG, is that mileage too high?

GLAs are going for between 38 and 45 depending on the year. Its a fun car, much more practical than the CLA45. 20-25k is not really that much, but drive the car and see the condition before judging.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:04   #53
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Got the GLA 200D home in Jan. Havent driven much but its a looker
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 15:35   #54
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 553
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Got the GLA 200D home in Jan. Havent driven much but its a looker
Can you post some details about it ? I am considering it. Would like to know your views / experiences about the same.
M00M is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 15:43   #55
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Can you post some details about it ? I am considering it. Would like to know your views / experiences about the same.
Its a great car. I think it looks expensive and more premium compared to the X1 etc. but is smaller too. I have the diesel but would recommend petrol more as it has a very peppy engine.

If you can stretch, then do consider the XC40.
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:56   #56
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 553
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Its a great car. I think it looks expensive and more premium compared to the X1 etc. but is smaller too. I have the diesel but would recommend petrol more as it has a very peppy engine.

If you can stretch, then do consider the XC40.
XC 40 is terrible to drive, very bouncy, XC 60 is expensive. GLA petrol i am yet to drive. diesel 200 is very under powered. Is the 220 d 4 Matic available or closed ?
M00M is offline  
Old 3rd July 2019, 22:36   #57
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
XC 40 is terrible to drive, very bouncy, XC 60 is expensive. GLA petrol i am yet to drive. diesel 200 is very under powered. Is the 220 d 4 Matic available or closed ?
220d isnt available anymore. They have a new urban edition that has added a few features to the GLA. GLA200 petrol is powerful enough and comparable to the likes of the segment. I found the XC40 much spritier but then we did not want to invest in a volvo; i loved it though.
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 13:43   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 556
Thanked: 396 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Guys! Whats your opinion on used GLA45 AMGs. There are many floating around (2014-2015) which have done 20,000 - 25,000 KMs.

What should be the asking price for this kind of car and being an AMG, is that mileage too high?
ive done about 9k in mine, no mechanical issues so far, except for an air conditioning issue sorted under warranty, turned out to be just a stuck valve in the heating system. it is absolutely brilliant, and you chew up cars like the TT, Z4 ,Mustang and the like at traffic lights and spit them out, and they cant figure out what the hell happened 0-100kmph is about 4 seconds, with a 380hp engine in a hatchback, its a true sleeper. fuel economy is about 7kmpl in the city with a largely light foot, which goes down to 5ish if you do traffic light launches often. 97 or 99 octane petrol. it does ride a little lower that the regular GLAs so looks more of a hatchback than an suv. its a no show, all go car, very stealth. its much quicker than most other AMG suvs availible in India, only thing is that the rear is a bit cramped if you carry adult passengers at the back often.
awini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 14:05   #59
BHPian
 
Crazy_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 374
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
ive done about 9k in mine, no mechanical issues so far, except for an air conditioning issue sorted under warranty, turned out to be just a stuck valve in the heating system. it is absolutely brilliant, and you chew up cars like the TT, Z4 ,Mustang and the like at traffic lights and spit them out, and they cant figure out what the hell happened 0-100kmph is about 4 seconds, with a 380hp engine in a hatchback, its a true sleeper. fuel economy is about 7kmpl in the city with a largely light foot, which goes down to 5ish if you do traffic light launches often. 97 or 99 octane petrol. it does ride a little lower that the regular GLAs so looks more of a hatchback than an suv. its a no show, all go car, very stealth. its much quicker than most other AMG suvs availible in India, only thing is that the rear is a bit cramped if you carry adult passengers at the back often.
I am still keen on getting one used but they arent available. Also the asking prices are pretty steep.

How much is the maintance cost for this compared to a normal GLA?
Crazy_Bean is offline  
Old 14th October 2019, 14:09   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 556
Thanked: 396 Times
Default Re: Mercedes GLA-Class : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I am still keen on getting one used but they arent available. Also the asking prices are pretty steep.

How much is the maintance cost for this compared to a normal GLA?
i have the Mercedes service programme, so i havent paid anything yet for annual service , a broken side view mirror glass did cost about 20k to replace.
awini is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks