Team-BHP - Honda Jazz : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Jazz : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/165791-honda-jazz-official-review-153.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy (Post 4281881)
The modification looks awesome. How much did it cost for you to do that wrap. I also own a VX model white jazz. Would love to do that.

Initially was planning to do only the roof and the rear chrome strip. But after seeing a wrv that the 3m guys did and liking it, decided to go for the entire top including the spoiler. Roof alone they quoted 11k and with the entire top around 18k

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 4283009)
Congrats. Couldn't agree more on the rubber. We also got 185/65/15 Yoko Earth1 right after delivery. Can you please share the link for the armrest? Honda original costs 17k while the one for Amaze is just 4k. Such a huge disparity - reason given was that the Jazz one is imported.

Here's the link for the arm rest

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3282...457f400aebqQaB

Extremely comfortable and very good quality unlike the ones you get on Amazon and eBay. Honda charging 17k for this is daylight robbery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car_fanatic (Post 4283037)
Congrats on your purchase! The modification looks awesome. I am also awaiting delivery of Jazz VX in Bangalore. Booked it for my wife over last weekend and am told it would take about two weeks to deliver. Just curious on the final OTR price that you paid.

Also, what price did you manage to get for exchange of your stock tires.

Enjoy your ride!

Mine was a company leased car. My company pays the road tax and insurance so don't know about the on road price but managed to get ex showroom price of 7.2 lakhs since we purchased 3cars together. Actual ex showroom price was 7.93 lakhs
The stock Tyres I got were thankfully Michelin so managed to get 3k in exchange with primacy 3st which cost me 6300. But the Tyre dealer told me if the stock Tyres weren't Michelin he would have offered me about 2500 per tyre

Good you exchanged the Michelins.These are not made for India at all. Too soft, one blunt cabinet handle managed to pierce my rear right in just the third day. Needed a double patch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashreddy (Post 4283431)
The stock Tyres I got were thankfully Michelin so managed to get 3k in exchange with primacy 3st which cost me 6300. But the Tyre dealer told me if the stock Tyres weren't Michelin he would have offered me about 2500 per tyre

Hello everyone,

We bought a new silver Jazz V-MT (petrol) privilege edition in Noida on 28th Sept. The car had been booked in the first week of Sept.

The decision to purchase the Jazz was mine. It was a six way battle between the usual contenders - Baleno, Elite i20 and Jazz and their small sized sedan siblings, the Dzire, Xcent and Amaze.
None of the cars from the VW group were considered because we wanted complete peace of mind when it came to servicing and I would not take even 1% chance of my elderly dad having to deal with VW service centers.

My dad was adamant to buy a 'small' car only and my mom wanted a sedan. That is the only reason why we included the compact sedans in our list.
However, a test drive each of the Amaze and Xcent soon had us struck them off the list due to their narrow cabin and less than premium feel when compared to the other cars in the shopping short list.

The new Dzire made a strong case for itself (no wonder it sold 30000 copies in a month recently). Two negatives made us drop it off the list.
1- The waiting period. Dealers promising 4-6 months was unacceptable.
2- The light built.

Elite i20
Having a Getz and Verna 4S in our garage, we were very happy with the product quality as well as the service quality of Hyundai. So, i20 was our first choice when it came to replace the Getz. The i20 oozes premium-ness. The interiors feel well appointed and you 'feel good' when you seat inside the i20.
The variant re-shuffle by Hyundai became a sore point for us as they removed many essential features from the Asta variant and placed them on the Asta(O) only. With a fixed budget of 8 lac on-road (no loans taken), the Asta (O) was out of contention.

Question to Hyundai - Who came up with the brilliant idea of selling i20 Asta with the 'stylish' steel wheels?

Dad still liked the i20 and it remained on the list.

Baleno
Maruti have really taken leaves out of Hyundai's books here. Baleno is packed to the brim with features and is still affordable. It seemed to be the perfect car for us. We took a test drive and were impressed by the ergonomics and the space inside. Big boot was a bliss. Ride quality was good and the car had good road manners. Took it up to 120 kmph and it felt very stable.
Back at the showroom, dad casually forces his thumb on the test drive car's driver's door and a dimple develops. He does it again and a new dimple develops. We asked the SA and SA says the test drive car is a 2016 model and Maruti have improved the rigidity in 2017. I am pretty sure I have not read anywhere about such updates so I took it with a pinch of salt.
We were quoted a waiting period of 24 weeks for the petrol Baleno.

For me, the waiting period was the deal breaker but for my dad, the dimples were enough to say NO.

Jazz
I would rate Jazz as the most 'practical' car in the segment. It may not have the flair of the Baleno or the premium feel of the i20 or the handling of the Polo, but it is the Jack of all trades and master of One - Space.
Just one test drive of the Jazz was enough for us to place it on the top of the pecking order. The V-MT petrol fell nicely in our budget and the car was booked on 1st Sept.
Due to in-auspicious days, waited till Sept end to take the delivery. During this wait, Honda came out with the privilege edition which had the AVN system, seat covers and parking sensors. We called up the dealer and they changed our booking to V-MT Privilege. The days turned out to be auspicious for us. stupid:

We made the complete payment on 23rd Sept and decided to take the delivery on 28th Sept.

Delivery Day
It was going all well till the SA came up to my dad and said, we need to pay 7000/- additional for the extended warranty as they have already invoiced it 'by mistake'.
We stuck to our stand that we had not asked for extended warranty and we will not pay for it, no matter what. The discussions turned a little heated in the middle. Then, the SA comes and has the following conversation with my dad-

SA- Sir, I agree it is our mistake. It is just 7000/- and you are getting warranty till 4th year, why don't you pay?
Dad- Did I ask for extended warranty? The answer is No, so why should I pay?
SA- Sir, if you don't pay, I would have to shell the money out of my pocket. "Main aapke bete jaisa hu, mere baare mein socho" (I am like your son, please think about me.)
Dad- Koi beta apne baap ko chunna nahi lagata hai. (No son will con his father).

Long silence. The SA walked off as my dad came back smiling. In the end, we got the extended warranty for free.

The car has been driven around 700 kms already including a round trip to Agra on the Yamuna expressway.
Highlighting some of the likes and dislikes.

- Space: We also own a Verna 4S and the Jazz simply trumps the Verna in terms of space. Brilliant packaging by Honda.
- Big boot: Gobbled up the airport luggage without a burp.
- Features: We got all the features which we were looking. The privilege edition additionally gets AVN + 3 view rear camera. This is not present even in the VX variant.
- Ride and comfort: The Jazz has big car like stability. Feels nice and solid on the highways.
- Fuel efficiency: Honda engines are much more efficient than Hyundai ones. Where the Getz gave 12 kmpl, the Jazz gives 15. Where the Getz gave 15kmpl, the Jazz gives 20kmpl. Superb !

Dislikes
- Weak lower end: The second gear is almost dead. Have to rev the engine hard at times.
- Gearbox: Being used to Hyundai's silky smooth gearboxes, Jazz seems to be like driving a Bolero (ok a little exaggeration here, but you get the drift).

Overall, we are extremely happy with the Jazz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohonking (Post 4282788)
Hi folks,

My 'Jazzy' has got her new eyes! Sharing some pictures here. For details on these Thailand sourced DRLs,

Congrats on the purchase . they look lovely and totally enhance the look of the car. Was wanting something exactly like these for my jazz. But was just thinking isn't 10-11k price for these a bit on the higher side and are these worth the price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashreddy (Post 4283868)
Congrats on the purchase . they look lovely and totally enhance the look of the car. Was wanting something exactly like these for my jazz. But was just thinking isn't 10-11k price for these a bit on the higher side and are these worth the price?

Thanks rashreddy. Well, pricing is a subjective topic. Yes, GBP 114 is itself towards the expensive side, but for the quality of these DRLs I think it justifies. Besides the fact that these have been sourced from Thai and delivered via DHL Express delivery(with no extra charge), I say its 'worth'.

Not to mention when you love your car and want to give her the very best, why not give her the best eyes as well! :uncontrol

Recently I have sourced Meguiar's Ultimate compound(small bottle costing INR 959/-), Collinite 845 sealant wax (costing INR 2156/-) & Phoenix 1 alloy wheel cleaner), besides other products that I already have been using, for I would give her the best protection as well. Will share more details on this with pictures. Thanks!

Cheers,
Simmi

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive2eternity (Post 4283710)

Jazz
I would rate Jazz as the most 'practical' car in the segment. It may not have the flair of the Baleno or the premium feel of the i20 or the handling of the Polo, but it is the Jack of all trades and master of One - Space.

I completely agree with you on this statement.agree:
I own a VX petrol version and i am completely in love with the car even though there are some drawbacks like
  1. Low power in the first gear and second gear.
  2. AVN taking a long time to load.
  3. Some slight rattling.( I cover it up with music volume)
The moment you start the car and feel the premium space all the above points are forgotten.

I use to tell my family that " Nothing else is a Jazz "

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohonking (Post 4283954)
Thanks rashreddy.
=====
Cheers,
Simmi

i am looking for the similar kind of DRLs. can you please share the source link.clap:

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy47 (Post 4285307)
i am looking for the similar kind of DRLs. can you please share the source link.clap:

Regards,

Hi jazzy47,

Here is the link from where I sourced these DRLs for my Jazz. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Ebay UK: For 2014-2015 Honda Jazz For LED DRL Daytime Running Daylight Fog Lamp Cover Set

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in this whatsoever. I am sharing purely on the basis of my acquired experience. Neither do I know the seller as in person, nor do I have any relation with him but as a satisfied & a happy customer. My intention here is solely and limited to the fact that we BHPians and/or the forum readers 'love cars live car' and as a BHPian, I am committed to collaboration & betterment of the consumer.

Cheers,
Simmi

Taking delivery of a Jazz V CVT in red.

Is there any specific things /caveats I need to look for when I do the PDI?

At the time of delivery?

How is the ride quality of Jazz with particular reference to Polo & WRV. Also what about NVH of Jazz CVT vs Polo 1.2 TSI DSG. I think these two are the best petrol hatches currently available in India @ around 10 lacs & most people in the market for this category of a vehicle are confused to choose the right car. The news of upcoming Polo which might get introduced in India is adding to the confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhu (Post 4289435)
Taking delivery of a Jazz V CVT in red.

Is there any specific things /caveats I need to look for when I do the PDI?

At the time of delivery?

Congrats on booking the same car that I have :)

Please check rust near the joints of the tyres . Other than that , happy miles ahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 4289516)
How is the ride quality of Jazz with particular reference to Polo & WRV. Also what about NVH of Jazz CVT vs Polo 1.2 TSI DSG. I think these two are the best petrol hatches currently available in India @ around 10 lacs & most people in the market for this category of a vehicle are confused to choose the right car. The news of upcoming Polo which might get introduced in India is adding to the confusion.

Polo was firmer
Both were not very precise
I thought the Honda will be a lot more silent - it is not. My second generation Honda City was a lot more silent & smooth.

I don't think the cars you mentioned should be the ones confusing you.

You buy a Polo TSI if you like driving and want a peppy car. The VAG service & dsg horror stories are turn offs. Car would be used mostly by a single person. This is the car you drive to Hyderabad in to buy Karachi biscuits.

The Jazz & Baleno are in direct competition. You buy either if you are looking for a comfortable commuter. The Baleno is cheaper and has a lot of bells & whistles. But it has a lower NCAP rating. (read the details. Don't just look at the star rating)

The Jazz is smoother and hopefully, more reliable.

Either car can handle a families requirements and can even go on the highway, if you are patient. These are the cars you go to the airport to pick up your aunt.

Jazz Ncap euroncap-2015-honda-jazz-datasheet.pdf

Baleno ncap euroncap-2016-suzuki-baleno-standard-datasheet.pdf

A quick update on FE for the benefit of all!

Yesterday's filling was done when my Jazz V MT(i-vtec) had the last pointer displayed on the fuel gauge. The car has been run purely on the roads of Gurgaon and Delhi(south, west & north) avoiding peak hour traffic and A/C on 100% of the time. This included our TBHP breakfast meet and drive on Oct 8th. Previous filling was done at auto-cut as well in September from the same HP company owned filling station.

MID display: 21.4 kmpl
Trip run: 727 km
Picture was clicked at the filling station just before leaving the bay and resetting Trip A digits.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-1-mileage.jpg

Quantity filled at auto-cut: 35.59 Litres
Fuel grade: Normal 91 Octane BSIV compliant
Honda Jazz : Official Review-2-mileage.jpg

Using tank full to tank full method: 20.4 kmpl

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohonking (Post 4291095)
A quick update on FE for the benefit of all!

Yesterday's filling was done when my Jazz V MT(i-vtec) had the last pointer displayed on the fuel gauge. The car has been run purely on the roads of Gurgaon and Delhi(south, west & north) avoiding peak hour traffic and A/C on 100% of the time. This included our TBHP breakfast meet and drive on Oct 8th. Previous filling was done at auto-cut as well in September from the same HP company owned filling station.

MID display: 21.4 kmpl
Trip run: 727 km
Picture was clicked at the filling station just before leaving the bay and resetting Trip A digits.
Attachment 1688003

Quantity filled at auto-cut: 35.59 Litres
Fuel grade: Normal 91 Octane BSIV compliant
Attachment 1688004

Using tank full to tank full method: 20.4 kmpl

Thanks!

Can you let us know the no: of occupants while you calculate the FE as that plays an important role in the figures being displayed even though it is based on a tank full method.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkikewl (Post 4291383)
Can you let us know the no: of occupants while you calculate the FE as that plays an important role in the figures being displayed even though it is based on a tank full method.

Hi venkikewl,

Oh yes! Occupancy is a very valid point I had missed mentioning. Thanks for pointing it out. Here goes the approximate breakup:

~80% of the run: Myself with empty boot.
~10% of the run: Myself with my golf equipment in the boot(add some 12 kilos)
~10% of the run: Myself & my friend(add some 60 kilos)

Car was 99.8% driven by me except twice when I took her to HASS and the SA took her in and out during both the visits.

Thanks!