Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathya_g_m (Post 3762526)
It is kerb weight vs gross weight. Ciaz is super light. Scross may not be lighter than ciaz. All reviews indicate stonger build!!

I noticed that just now( my bad!), but the kerb weight is 1105 kg (pulled from the Ciaz official site). 145 kg hardly makes a difference!

It's like having a healthy person and his kid sit in the rear seat.

I don't think the Ciaz is a slouch when half laden.

Those are one of the worst alloys I have seen in recent times. They could have given Steel rims instead.
The NEXA showroom is opening up in Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. Its next to Total mall signal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetorange (Post 3762528)
I noticed that just now( my bad!), but the kerb weight is 1105 kg (pulled from the Ciaz official site). 145 kg hardly makes a difference!

It's like having a healthy person and his kid sit in the rear seat.

I don't think the Ciaz is a slouch when half laden.

145 is 2 average sized adults. It makes a huge difference to performance. Just imagine 150 kilos of additional sheet metal and other components.

Performance will not be that bad. The 1.3 will be similar to the Ertiga which is 1.2 tonnes.

I can see after honest review from Team BHP, people are started liking the Car afterall. I am totally sold and going to book after one test drive in coming days.
Car was on display in Ambience Mall Vasant Kunj Delhi. Few important and funny incident.
1. Car battery was down and you cannot see even boot because of that. They said, "Sir ab toh jump start hi hogi, battery mangwayi hai sham tak aa jayegi" :Frustrati
2. Soft rubber plastic dashboard description by one of the well suited salesman: "Sir the plastic is kept soft by company so that children sitting in front will not be injured that much". I was like now the world will end soon for sure.
3. Nexa Sales team was pretty excited when i show them positive review from Team BHP on my iPad. It was like now they got energy boast and more belief in the car. stupid:
4. They had no idea that rear seat can be removed and boot can becomes more flat after folding the back rest. Again, Pics from Team BHP review open up his eyes.
5. He was not ready to see the fault in manually operated boot light. As battery was down and boot is locked, not able to prove him that.

A great detailed review. The s-cross seemed to be a plain-Jane. The car (I would rather call it one) has addressed to many minute utilities which we, as consumers, look for in our day to day running. Though it seemed to be a well packaged car, there is a very little buzz it had been able to generate. This may be because of the currently available options in the market. It would interesting to see how Nexa markets this car and highlights its usp.

Awesome review. Looking at the photos initially, never gave this car a second thought. Not so after reading the review. 1.6 MJD and driving dynamics are enough for me to consider this - been looking for a worthy replacement for my Innova. I am hoping it is priced sensibly; and soon they will come up with that Maruti maroon color as an option.

Reading the review, it made be fondly recollect why many people still choose Subaru Outback station wagon despite all the marketing talk about SUVs!

What I really liked about this Nexa initiative by Maruti is that they are going to appoint a relationship manager, RM to a customer, not only during the sales process but also afterwards during the ownership period. Customers need not talk to different people at the service centers for the same things, instead they have these RMs as SPOC. Have also heard from some of my friends that these RMs will be trained differently and also incentivised differently. (Their incentives will not only depend on the sales targets but also the customer satisfaction index gathered during the routine service and other problem resolution cases) This will be a very welcome change as the normal experience is the sales people immediately start treating the same customer (who they treat as God before the deal) as nuisance after the payment is made. This 360 degree ownership and accountability experience is definitely a welcome step taken by Maruti. The success, however, depends on its actual implementation though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by delix (Post 3762626)
The s-cross seemed to be a plain-Jane.

I think this boils down to individual feeling. The general opinion is that it's definitely not a looker, which I agree to (but only from the front). I think the back looks handsome and if the alloys were better, then the side profile too is great! Atleast I find it good enough

Quote:

The car (I would rather call it one) has addressed to many minute utilities which we, as consumers, look for in our day to day running. Though it seemed to be a well packaged car, there is a very little buzz it had been able to generate.

Exactly! This cross over is very practical and has most features that we need in day to day life. I liked the fact that its drives well, especially at high speed and the flat ride on rough roads as speed increases. Being Maruti, I am sure it's fairly well put together. Most Maruti cars are their premium offering will only be better. I am not too worried about the looks though. The interiors are practical and spacious for a car of this size. The boot space is practical enough for a few days trip as well. The safety equipment is also good enough. This car has disc brakes all around too! First in segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabu (Post 3762632)
1.6 MJD and driving dynamics are enough for me to consider this - been looking for a worthy replacement for my Innova. I am hoping it is priced sensibly;

This is the most important point! The Creta created enough buzz and was one of the most talked about in the last few weeks. That has definitely managed to pull crowd towards the showrooms. The failure was in the pricing. It's appealing to only a certain segment of customers. I hope the S-Cross is priced accordingly and not be another disappointment. Maruti knows the pulse of our market well and I am sure it will be priced in a fashion where people will give a very serious thought of stretching their budgets to get the top end version. Hyundai has given Maruti some good room to play with as well. Others will settle for the Zeta variant. The feature list on the Zeta is good and appealing too. Only feel good factors such as Pilot lamps, Projectors etc are missing.

Awesome review!! Rated a well deserved 5 stars.

I will be booking for a test drive soon. Want to test for myself how that 1.6 powerplant is going to respond. Liked everything except that uninspiring exterior design. Looks don't do justice to the performance on tap.

I can't help but wonder what a Dieseltronic box will do to a car with such strong performance. We are looking at torque figures in excess of 400 Nm here!:Shockked: in a small car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKR9900 (Post 3762655)
Liked everything except that uninspiring exterior design. Looks don't do justice to the performance on tap.

Quote:

A great detailed review. The s-cross seemed to be a plain-Jane.

Looks can kill a car
Its just a small flaw in the front design that spoiled the public opinion
I like the looks though. stupid:
It looks as good as an i20 from front after a 2nd grade paint edit.
Photoshoppers out there can change the inverted trapezium and voila.. it looks good. I think its that two slat chrome grille and th q7 like face that has spoiled the looks. (It would have looked good in the linea and the audi q7 era). Else the cuts and creases are at the same places except for the sharpness in those angles (please compare the circled areas).:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3762599)
145 is 2 average sized adults. It makes a huge difference to performance. Just imagine 150 kilos of additional sheet metal and other components.

Performance will not be that bad. The 1.3 will be similar to the Ertiga which is 1.2 tonnes.

So it wouldn't be fun to drive. I am in line for the 1.6 now! 😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandygordon (Post 3762676)
I like the looks though. stupid:

You better! As a prospective S-Cross buyer, you don't have much choice.lol:
Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who haven't went through the RD Dieseltronic thread, here's the person who is hoping to buy and chip the S-cross. Better buy the 1.6 mate! Take one for the team ;)

As far as the styling goes, it looks rather unimposing because the design itself is starting to show it's age. Gotta remember that this is a car on sale internationally since 2013!

I knew the 1.6 was going to be a cracker, good to know the ride and handling is excellent too.

I really wish the s cross had this grill and alloys and some better tyres, if not michelin, some bridgestones would have done the job. i mean is it so much to ask ? Kudos to the mechanical team but the team responsible for the grill and alloys, you are responsible for 50% loss of sales of this otherwase decent looking car. I hope this gets rectified in the facelift but that again could be too little too late scenario as our market goes by first impression. Only spectacular pricing can save it now, but i dont think that is going to happen given this car will be positioned well above ciaz, esp. the ddis 320. I'm not saying this will be a market dud, but it deserves better, lets wait and see how it works out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKR9900 (Post 3762694)

Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who haven't went through the RD Dieseltronic thread, here's the person who is hoping to buy and chip the S-cross. Better buy the 1.6 mate! Take one for the team ;)

As far as the styling goes, it looks rather unimposing because the design itself is starting to show it's age. Gotta remember that this is a car on sale internationally since 2013!

'Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.'

Pricing is the key. Then there is no choice. Pricing would decide whether it is the alpha, zeta or delta. :D
Chipping will come later, after the run in period. :)

Very good review.clap: S-cross seems to be the most feature rich hatchback from maruti stable so far. The external looks are a bit bland though. Feels like it's derived from last gen sx4 rather than current get Ciaz. But I must say that Maruti have come a long way in improving the dynamics of this car. I guess the pricing isn't announced yet. But I have a feeling that the main competitor of S-cross will be i20,Jazz,Polo rather than Ecosport, duster or Creta.