Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 18:08   #166
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I had a pleasant experience with my dealer. I got a quote of Rs. 26500 from New India Assurance for zero dep insurance for IDV value of 10.24L.
Was your experience with Hyundai dealer?
Old 31st August 2015, 18:21   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
I felt ashamed of taking this argument further having my wife and kid around so retired in favor of early delivery letting the showroom rob my savings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
That is daylight robbery and bullying. You should write to Hyundai and post on every platform to shame the dealers.

So these insurance scams are dealer specific and Hyundai should tame them.
I dont blame you as most people would have done the same. No one wants to spoil the whole purchasing experience over a relatively smaller amount compared to car cost.

But as Shakesoul pointed, you should certainly report this to Hyundai and share the link of your post with them. Hyundai needs to show intent to fix this behavior.
Old 31st August 2015, 19:23   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I almost had a bad argument yesterday with the Sales Manager (Prashanth.M.G), Mobile - 9900029339 from Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Varthur Hobli from where I have my delivery due this Thursday.
If you are getting delivery on Thursday, why did you discuss the insurance part so late just 3 days before delivery?

I always discuss the insurance when handing over the booking cheque. Booking done under my terms or no deal and I walk out.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 19:23   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Was your experience with Hyundai dealer?
Yes, it was Akash Hyundai in Guwahati.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:03   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Shame on Meah, Couldn't do anything but pay for Creta!

See my post just above yours.
First of all Congrats on your soon to-be new ride.
I feel for you when you had to compromise with the dealer and pay for what he asked. Good to know that they at least agreed for you to get insurance outside although after an argument and potential delay in delivery. As a customer its your right to choose your service provider (be it for insurance or accessories). But on the hind side I guess it's within the dealers right to reject his services or products to any customer. Having said that, they shouldn't do these shady practices especially after booking the vehicle and waiting for delivery. Then one won't have a choice (unless he wants to wait for few more months to rebook and get it from another dealer) but to accept the day light looting which happened in your case. Best a customer can do is write to the manufacturer about their dealerships, make it public on social media or go to consumer court (most of us won't have the time and patience to go through this path). I think the key take away points are to clearly go through the terms and conditions before booking the vehicle and get every thing in writing for what each party agrees to so that we don't get any last minute surprises.

Wishing you best of luck for remaining purchase process. Hope it's hassle free and goes smooth!

Last edited by thatsdileep : 31st August 2015 at 20:07. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 31st August 2015, 20:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If you are getting delivery on Thursday, why did you discuss the insurance part so late just 3 days before delivery?

I always discuss the insurance when handing over the booking cheque. Booking done under my terms or no deal and I walk out.
I did not anticipate this even in my wild thoughts as most other ownership reviews were also positive on getting outside insurance for Creta.

So I only took this discussion with SA when he confirmed my delivery date two weeks ago. He reluctantly denied leaving some hopes for me to get this still done talking to his manager later in the week.

Third but the last time when I took this topic with the manager, I even quoted BNM's pleasant experience from Advaith Hyundai itself but on Residency Road, Blr. The sales manager was so arrogant that he insisted me to share the other sales managers name from Residency Road so that his G.M will speak to him immediately on how can this happen!

Standing next to this stunning white gorgeous Creta on the center stage inside the showroom, I could not resist delaying the delivery any longer

Last edited by gotovamsee : 31st August 2015 at 20:07.
gotovamsee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 22:40   #172
BHPian

My dealer's said my AT Creta will be delivered this week(dont really believe him based on past experience), but I figured it is time I started looking at accessories and I asked for a quote from the dealer for similar 17 inch diamond cut alloys as the SX(O). He gave a quote of 1L for 5 (1.35 for alloys and wheels - 35K for buy back of existing ones). I want to compare against some outside alloy shops, but other than Tyre Kingdom in HSR layout (bangalore), I dont know of any and the directory didnt pull out any good ones in the Sarjapur/ORR area.

So, two questions
- 1L seems quite high to me, but having never done this before, I dont know. Any opinions ?
- Anyone know of any good alloy shops in this area ?

Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 09:31   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post

- Anyone know of any good alloy shops in this area ?

Thanks
'Glamour Accessories' in Koramangala(which is a few kms from HSR) seemed to have a decent alloy collection when I visited there a few weeks back. Else, JC road has a lot of shops. But, if you are visiting JC road, you need to decide upfront which shop you want to visit.. otherwise it gets confusing there.
Nagendra_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 11:25   #174
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
So, two questions
- 1L seems quite high to me, but having never done this before, I dont know. Any opinions ?
- Anyone know of any good alloy shops in this area
Hi Manku (sounds funny when I think about your name in Kannada). Anyway read my review - the section on tyres and alloys which will give you an idea of the cost. I hope this guy didn't quote only for alloys not including the tyres. It should cost you 40K for 17" set of 4 alloys and another 40K for tyres. With buyback at 20 to 30K depends, the overall cost would be around 50 to 60K.

Why only sarjapur? Come down to Sanjaynagar or PM me. I will give you contacts. Installation takes just 30 minutes.

No offense to Nagendra but please don't go to JC road unless you know someone there. As you enter JC road, there are brokers who come to the middle of the road directing you to shops over there. Scary experience!

Quote:
Third but the last time when I took this topic with the manager, I even quoted BNM's pleasant experience from Advaith Hyundai itself but on Residency Road, Blr. The sales manager was so arrogant that he insisted me to share the other sales managers name from Residency Road so that his G.M will speak to him immediately on how can this happen!
Sorry for back to back posts but I just saw this now.

Vamsee, first of all my experience was not so pleasant as you have said. In spite of buying 5 cars from the same dealership I too had to hear the same stories that the Director (One Mr.GUPTA) had given instructions to give preference for customers going for finance as well as insurance from the dealership. I am sure you too got the same spin from them. In my case since I have a preferred customer relationship with HDFC Bank, I had asked them to take care of the loan as well as insurance. They spoke to the dealership and handled that part.

I believe this happened for the i20 elite also. Somebody influential from this forum should write to Hyundai directly about such dealer practices. I will be more than happy to give my testimony.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st September 2015 at 12:56. Reason: merging posts. Thanks.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 16:32   #175
BHPian

So my white SX(O) has reached Bhiwandi, and just has to undergo the registration formalities before I can get my hands on it!

Noticed some discussion about insurance going on here. My dealer was quoting a figure of almost 75000 (!) for insurance with zero dep for the SX(O), which I flatly refused, since I had already got a quote of 45k all inclusive from an external agent. The dealer then told me it is mandatory to take insurance from the dealer and that Hyundai has made this rule. I simply took out my phone on the spot, called Hyundai customer care (098-7356-4645) and asked them if insurance from the showroom was mandatory and the customer care agent on the line simply said 'no'. I gave the phone to the dealer and he was left rather dumbfounded and had no option but to give in and allow me to take my own insurance.

I really suggest you keep the above number handy and simply call them on the spot if your dealer is giving you a hard time.

Also like to add that I opted out of the 15K 'optional' accessory kit which IMO is absolutely useless. In the end, I ended up saving almost 45k on the final on road cost, which is quite a big amount!

Now all that i have left to do is wait!
vivekh15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:24   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has sold ~7,300 units of the Creta in August 2015.

Impressive, and registering a positive growth in M-O-M numbers in comparision to July 2015.

Quote:
Hyundai Creta, the ‘Perfect’ SUV has managed to dish out 7300 units in August month from their factory. A number seems to be leader in the small sales shootout.
GaadiWaadi
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 20:48   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post

I really suggest you keep the above number handy and simply call them on the spot if your dealer is giving you a hard time.
Good suggestion and glad it worked out for you. Hope all dealerships abide by this.

Quote:
Now all that i have left to do is wait!
good luck and hope you'll have lot of smiles ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hyundai India has sold ~7,300 units of the Creta in [b]August
Thanks for sharing this.
Wow that is an achievement as these are increased nos from launch month which usually happens to be highest grosser in terms of sales for most vehicles. Kudos Hyundai for getting it right!
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 22:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Hi Manku (sounds funny when I think about your name in Kannada).
It does stand for manku thimma of manku thimmana kagga fame, loses a bit when written in english .

Quote:
Anyway read my review - the section on tyres and alloys which will give you an idea of the cost. I hope this guy didn't quote only for alloys not including the tyres. It should cost you 40K for 17" set of 4 alloys and another 40K for tyres. With buyback at 20 to 30K depends, the overall cost would be around 50 to 60K.

Why only sarjapur? Come down to Sanjaynagar or PM me. I will give you contacts. Installation takes just 30 minutes.
That sounds like a much better deal than forking out 1L. Sanjay nagar is absolutely fine with me. Will send you a PM for the contacts. Thanks !

Quote:
No offense to Nagendra but please don't go to JC road unless you know someone there. As you enter JC road, there are brokers who come to the middle of the road directing you to shops over there. Scary experience!
I've been to JC road before and it is very hard to know which store to trust, so dont really bother anymore unless I need something specific.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:03   #179

Quote:
I thought that is what I was intending to convey as well when I said "Else, JC road has a lot of shops. But, if you are visiting JC road, you need to decide upfront which shop you want to visit.. otherwise it gets confusing there."
I was only putting it across in nicer words.

Anyways, I think we both are trying to tell the same thing.

You get some of the best deals in JC road, provided you know of a good shop with good collection. Ofcourse, if you happen to know someone there, then nothing like it.
Nagendra_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:28   #180
BHPian

Fellow owners, anyone planning to install magnetic sun shade mesh-screens on your Creta?

I saw the below on Flipkart but the sellers other items have no reviews so not very sure about the quality. The headline says Hyundai NA but the description says Hyundai Creta. It claims to be on 75% discount but that has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Another team bhp thread on magnetic sun-shades talks about these shades from auto-furnish and also local accessory shops. Anyone has any experience?

Flipkart link

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd September 2015 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks