Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardoop (Post 3875855)
Will going for insurance outside the dealership create unnecessary hassles in the event of insurance claims ?

Kairali Ford Trivandrum told my friend that if he does not take insurance from them (29k B2B from New India for Titanium Diesel), they won't support cashless claims in the event of an accident repair. The quote from an agent for the same B2B with New India was 13k.

Anyways, my friend cancelled the booking he had made with them for other reasons and got the car delivered from a new Ford dealer in Trivandrum

I am not much experienced in terms of insurance claims, but from what I have understood; my dealer has a tie up with New India Assurance and for the insurance company it doesn't make a difference whether you buy from dealer or from outside.

One more point, indeed the insurance that I have got from New India Assurance is NOT cashless. But since I have got it from a family friend I expect not hassles with the claims. *fingers crossed*

P.S. On a different note:

- I am even enjoying the office commute in peak traffic hours thanks to my Figo.

- The average is taking a slight beating due to change in my job and subsequently my office location; now I am driving all the way from West most end of Pune to East most end of Pune in maddeningly slow and indiscipline traffic.

- Will post an update about average in 2 or 3 days, with a comparison of actual (KM's done v/s Diesel field) and MID average.

Hi all,

Finally went to Harpreet Ford at MG Road Gurgaon to enquire about Figo. Had a really good experience. I think it was good initially also and when I told them about team-bhp it became even better. Good to be a part of a respected community!

Met with the sales guy who was knowledgeable and gave me no nonsense answers. He also introduced me to his seniors and they were also aware of the forum and actually asked me why would anyone not pick Figo diesel over other cars with waiting periods?? I could only mention that may be Ford had not marketed the fabulous engine and safety features enough..

Coming to the deal details, they offered me 15K cash discount + free basic insurance of around 18K for first year for Titanium TDCI. Handling charges would also go away I think :thumbs up

For Titanium+ an extra 10K may be on the table. Dilemma!!

Please help! My sense was that the car is not moving fast enough and I should try to squeeze but the regulatory landscape seems to be turning against diesels so I also dont want to lose out in case registration takes a hit in NCR.

Secondly, the safety features do interest me and I may stretch for the add on + but the dock in Titanium gives the flexibility of a touchscreen interface which will not be possible in the Titanium + variant. Please adviseplease:

I did take the test drive and was impressed. Drooling at the prospect of long drives..sigh

Quote:

Originally Posted by adtalwar (Post 3877843)
Hi all,
the safety features do interest me and I may stretch for the add on + but the dock in Titanium gives the flexibility of a touchscreen interface which will not be possible in the Titanium + variant. Please adviseplease:

Hi adtalwar,
Go for the Titanium+ variant, you can find an alternative for the dock, but you can't get 6 airbags later. I got the AT version of Aspire and it has only 2 airbags ( sadly AT was my only option, so had to settle for it). I would any day pick better safety features over creature comforts.
The Rationalist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adtalwar (Post 3877843)
Coming to the deal details, they offered me 15K cash discount + free basic insurance of around 18K for first year for Titanium TDCI. Handling charges would also go away I think :thumbs up

Hello adtalwar -

Can you please share the OTR details with all the discounts that are being offered ?

PM shall also work.

Many Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 3864916)
One interesting thing, there was a chart showing the cost of regular servicing for all the cars in its lifetime. I snapped a pic of that (sorry for an awkward angle of the photo, hope it legible).

Can Ford owners confirm that these are more or less what they pay at each service? These service costs are extremely competitive if there are no additional hidden costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 3877905)
Can Ford owners confirm that these are more or less what they pay at each service? These service costs are extremely competitive if there are no additional hidden costs.

For some strange reason, the wheel alignment is not included in this, which adds a 1000-1300.

And if you can manage to escape the spa services for the engine room and interiors, the bill stays around the ranges mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3877925)
For some strange reason, the wheel alignment is not included in this, which adds a 1000-1300.

And if you can manage to escape the spa services for the engine room and interiors, the bill stays around the ranges mentioned.

Wow! That is good to hear! Hoping for a eventless ownership of my Figo 1.5D.

Interesting to note though, between New Figo and 1st gen Figo, the service costs have reduced ever so slightly. I just did a quick oral calculation but looks like it's the case. Which is good on Ford as, I think, they are trying to shed the perception of Ford being high maintenance.

If indeed this turns out to be true, down the line, with mouth publicity, this will help the sales. Because, Fords marketing is nothing to speak of really.

Presenting the elusive and exclusive BASE MODEL 1.5 diesel.

I booked the car on the day of launch, September 23, 2015 and it finally arrived at the yard on December 25, 2015. I went for a PDI and am satisfied. God be Willing, I will be paying complete amount in a couple of days and taking delivery on January 2, 2016.

Features:

- Driver side airbag
- 12V power socket(Brochure and this review mentions otherwise)
- Internal Driver seat boot release(Barely remember the Brochure contradicting this too)
- Half wheel covers
- Tilt steering
- MID shows Distance To Empty ,FE avg, Average speed, one trip meter, Outside temperature

Lacks
- Power Windows
- Central/Remote Locking
- Rear wipers
- Music System (can be added on for 14k)
- ABS
- Many more airbags
- Fog Lamps (can be added on for 4.5K)

Why I chose this:
-VFM
-Fastest diesel hatch with great FE at 6.17 on road.

Absolute VFM. Congrats on your new car Commuter. How much did this work out OTR? It would also be nice to see what after market additions you opt for, we can do a price compare with Trend variant post all additions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 (Post 3878508)
Absolute VFM. Congrats on your new car Commuter. How much did this work out OTR? .

The on the road price is ( Ex-showroom price 5.42 + .61 for registration +.14 external insuranceinsurance). Total 6.17 lakhs. I feel that its good enough in stock form. Highly VFM product and nullifies my need to buy a fast motorcycle too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMUTER (Post 3878611)
The on the road price is ( Ex-showroom price 5.42 + .61 for registration +.14 external insuranceinsurance). Total 6.17 lakhs. I feel that its good enough in stock form. Highly VFM product and nullifies my need to buy a fast motorcycle too.

Indeed a great price. As it is this fast hatch pastes a grin on the driver's face, now when you think about what you have paid the grin is going to get wider clap: I also like the front grill without the chrome treatment, certainly looks neater than what the higher variants get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMUTER (Post 3878498)
Presenting the elusive and exclusive BASE MODEL 1.5 diesel.

I booked the car on the day of launch, September 23, 2015 and it finally arrived at the yard on December 25, 2015. I went for a PDI and am satisfied. God be Willing, I will be paying complete amount in a couple of days and taking delivery on January 2.

Why I chose this:
-VFM
-Fastest diesel hatch with great FE at 6.17 on road.

Congrats on getting the most VFM hatch currently on offer in the market. This indeed looks like a sweet deal.

Any idea how much would the power windows cost if one goes for it on the dealer level? please:

Visited Talera Ford (attended by a lethargic sales rep) to have a look at the Ford Figo Diesel.Ended up Td'ing both the Ecosport and the Figo. Since this thread is about the Figo,I will mention only about it.
Comparing the Figo with my 2010 Swift Diesel-
1-Stellar engine, loved the way the car pulled.
2-Cabin felt more spacious than the swift.
3-Somehow not liking the dashboard,especially the Nokia phone type facia.
4-The car shakes during shut down,typical Diesel trait.The Swift shakes less.
5-Lighter steering than the swift-boon for the city,cant say about highway driving.
6-Feels lighter than the old figo.I had Td'ed the Ecosport Diesel before which has heavy doors.While Td'ing the Figo, I had to double check whether I closed the doors properly since they were very light and didn't give the reassuring "Thud" which was present in the Ecosport.
7-Felt the first gear to be much better than the Swift.
8-Lesser or Zero turbo lag.
9-Somehow felt the Multijet to be more refined than the TdCi.

Hi,
My Figo diesel just completed 1500 km last week and the cut-in period is now officially over ! Just noticed one thing while taking my car above 80 kmph - the tacho touches 2k RPM almost immediately after crossing 85 kmph on 5th gear. Is that normal ? Shouldn't it be showing 2k rpms at atleast 100 kmph speed on 5th gear rather ?

Rgds

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 3878650)

Any idea how much would the power windows cost if one goes for it on the dealer level? please:

The Dealer has declined to add a lot of omissions. He has agreed to fit fog lamps, music system and chrome pack alone for 4.5k, 14k and 5k respectively.