Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano (Post 3887595)
Thanks rakesh_r. That's a very useful suggestion. The only reason I thought of getting navigation device was unavailability of mobile networks during long journeys. I have heard that Here maps are really good for offline navigation, though haven't tried yet. Are the offline Here maps reliable for long journeys? If yes, then I would agree with you that there isn't a burning need of having dedicated navigation device.

Apologies for the late reply as the notification got deleted while cleaning my inbox. You can add sygic maps too. Infact I have Gmaps,Here and recently added Sygic. I am yet to test the later. Of all of them i found Gmaps to be the best and more user friendly.

Wonderfully guided by our blog and with a taste of the machine under my hands, I have booked a Ford Figo TDCi Titanium plus in Metro Ford Bangalore. Expecting to do the down payment today and hopefully undertaking a PDI on Monday. Will write more about my experience in this journey a while later.

Z

Gave in to the temptation. Between the Polo GT TSI and the Figo AT, I am planning to go with the latter. Does anyone know what is the policy of Ford viz-a-viz the upgrades to stock tyres from 14 inch to 15 inch? The only showroom here was not able to give me a satisfactory response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 3891847)
Wonderfully guided by our blog and with a taste of the machine under my hands, I have booked a Ford Figo TDCi Titanium plus in Metro Ford Bangalore. Expecting to do the down payment today and hopefully undertaking a PDI on Monday. Will write more about my experience in this journey a while later.

Z

Hello - I too am in Bangalore and planning to book Figo (but AT). Elite ford is closer to me. Did you get any discounts (corporate or any), any freebies etc?

What color did you go for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteavaya (Post 3892151)
Hello - I too am in Bangalore and planning to book Figo (but AT). Elite ford is closer to me. Did you get any discounts (corporate or any), any freebies etc?

Had been with my friend to Elite Ford for booking Figo AT in December. They refused to take the booking when we said we MAY want to take insurance from outside. Details in this thread.

Later after tweeting to Ford, who responded by recommending to book with Metro Ford, my friend did the booking with Metro Ford in December, with delivery promised in a month and best offers guaranteed. At that time, the senior manager who spoke after the escalation to Ford had said- Insurance is anyways free as part of offers, why did Elite create a fuss?

As per the current status, the car is ready to be allocated(after some confusions on color choice) , but Metro Ford is saying no offers can be given on the AT. So a back and forth discussion happening.

Slightly OT: Fed up with this poor response and high handedness from the Ford dealers, my friend went to check out the Wagon R AMT. He did not like it. In course of discussion, told the SA, ' have booked the Ford Figo AT, the DCT, dual clutch AT'

Classic response from SA- ' so it has clutch?, then its not Automatic':)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteavaya (Post 3892151)

What color did you go for?

Hi

Yea, it is a Dec 2015 car and they gave me free insurance, 25k discount and free accessories worth about 3k; total of about 60k. I opted for the INGOT SILVER color. Car is expected mid-next week.

Z

i am dealing with chennai ford of booking figo. when i start comparing the prices there is 30% mark up on accessories , and chennai ford is saying that is due to labor /tax. ford buying experience is painful as the customer service is not helpful. They said 8.99 ford credit still available but chennai ford says that is not figo model. like that every step i need to engage with ford customer service.

any thoughts or suggestions

I recall a member getting handling charges waived off (post) , when i sought quote from a dealer today he continues to add handling charges (as incidental charges), so is it the case that we need to get this negotiated with dealer each time ? Can others please share their experiences ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thilak29 (Post 3894007)
I recall a member getting handling charges waived off (post) , when i sought quote from a dealer today he continues to add handling charges (as incidental charges), so is it the case that we need to get this negotiated with dealer each time ? Can others please share their experiences ?

In my case, he didn't waive off the charges and Ford Customer Care also said that it's valid, albeit not in writing. Didn't pursuade it further as I saved some by taking insurance from outside and by not going for any accessories (mine being Titanium).

You can pursuade it through though if you want, there are some who have got it waived off; more so now as, anyway, it is not setting the sales charts on fire.

You can bargain harder; in my case, the car was new and was in demand (for whatever brief period that it was) so the dealer were giving no margin for any negotiations.

May be this thread has enough info about what I am going to ask, but to save time and to put it in line with the date and changes that might have come into effect as of now, let me put few concerns here:

I am considering a 1.2 Trend for my wifee. Going for a test drive tomorrow with top end Petrol. Few 2015 cars are available that are offered for a 20k discount. Is it too less to bargain for ? Will I save further if I opt out the essential pack and insurance from outside ?

If things go fine, everything is promised to be completed within a week (right from booking to delivery). Any input would be highly appreciated as I have very less time to cross check with owners or forums that discuss everything about it. SA has repeatedly told me that there are few more buyers in line for the same vehicle in discussion, but I have told him to consider me as the last man in line (giving a feel of no hurry) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 3894083)
May be this thread has enough info about what I am going to ask, but to save time and to put it in line with the date and changes that might have come into effect as of now, let me put few concerns here:

I am considering a 1.2 Trend for my wifee. Going for a test drive tomorrow with top end Petrol. Few 2015 cars are available that are offered for a 20k discount. Is it too less to bargain for ? Will I save further if I opt out the essential pack and insurance from outside ?

If things go fine, everything is promised to be completed within a week (right from booking to delivery). Any input would be highly appreciated as I have very less time to cross check with owners or forums that discuss everything about it. SA has repeatedly told me that there are few more buyers in line for the same vehicle in discussion, but I have told him to consider me as the last man in line (giving a feel of no hurry) :)

Indeed, you can save much by opting to buy insurance from outside. In my case, the dealer quoted B2B insurance was 28K and I got it for 14K (both quotes for New India Insurance). So that's quite a lot of saving.

OTOH, you should bargain for more discounts as anyway it is not selling much. Let him know that you have your options open if he is not budging; and surely you have as you are considering a petrol, if it were a diesel that you were looking for I would have definitely recommended you to stick to Figo.

If not discounts, at least get some accessories and IMHO that is very much possible.

Quote:

For a 2015 petrol, you should definitely bargain for more. If you look at a couple of posts above yours, a member got 25K discount, Free insurance and 3K worth of accessories, and that was for diesel. My friend who is in a discussion has an offer of free 3rd year extended warranty and 3K accessories for a 2016 automatic.

So in summary at the very minimum, you should be getting ~25K discount, free insurance and the free accessories and ideally free extended warranty for 3rd year.

Quote:

Forget the essential kit - it's the fabric floor mats, boot mat and mud flaps, and probably a bottle of perfume. Take just the mud flaps. You'll save 5000.
(One driver side mat comes free with the car)

Take insurance from outside - choose one of the 5 ford preferred insurers as they have cashless facility. I suggest Royal Sundaram where you can opt for a lot of add ons and it will still save you about 5-6 k. Try reducing the incidental charges. Buy only essential accessories from Ford; rest can be bought outside as long as your warranty is not affected.

On top of this ask of more discount. Get quotes from other dealers and use that for negotiation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 3894326)
...buy insurance from outside. In my case, the dealer quoted B2B insurance was 28K and I got it for 14K (both quotes for New India Insurance). So that's quite a lot of saving....If not discounts, at least get some accessories and IMHO that is very much possible.

I am quoted 23573 as insurance, just a casual check on ICICI Lombard is showing me 13k change, so that's obviously quite a lot ! I may not take any accessories that are given by Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3894347)
...at the very minimum, you should be getting ~25K discount, free insurance and the free accessories and ideally free extended warranty for 3rd year.

Is that bit too much to ask for, considering that amounts to more than 50k in total ? :) All what they are offering is around 20k discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 3894367)
..Take just the mud flaps. You'll save 5000.
(One driver side mat comes free with the car)....I suggest Royal Sundaram where you can opt for a lot of add ons and it will still save you about 5-6 k. Try reducing the incidental charges....On top of this ask of more discount. Get quotes from other dealers and use that for negotiation.

Points taken.

TD was done today, I am happy with the 1.2 Petrol for city moves, nothing to complain. It's anyway for my wife's daily office use.

Few other points: Its my 2nd Ford from the same showroom (Metro Ford). Fiesta 1.6 was a pleasant experience throughout the ownership (there is a detailed thread here with plenty of upgrades like alloys, leather seats, Head Unit, speakers etc.) Although I may not use the Figo much, it may go through the same path at least on the alloys. So, whatever is saved now could be well utilised. Thanks to everyone for the inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 3894468)

Is that bit too much to ask for, considering that amounts to more than 50k in total ? :) All what they are offering is around 20k discounts.

Well, no harm asking. Since there is a precedence of others getting it. :)

It is not selling well in spite of being a good and a new car, you should be getting more discounts if you push for it especially since it is 2015 model.