Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-40.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 3916724)
What got me curious about Baleno alloys was seeing a Baleno kitted out recently with a set of alloys that really changed the bland look from the rear. Could not get a pic as I was driving past.

Was wondering how alloy wheels changed the look from the rear! You mean sides, right?

Baleno looks very good from rear 3 angles, and direct front. It's the side view which is bland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3916741)
Was wondering how alloy wheels changed the look from the rear! You mean sides, right?

Baleno looks very good from rear 3 angles, and direct front. It's the side view which is bland.

Yup I mean the rear three quarters view. The best view for the Baleno in my opinion is the head on or front three quarters.

Then again the aggressive look might not be what everyone is looking for.

Drive on,
Shibu.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/109249-accidents-india-pictures-1327.html#post3916790

One more accident of Baleno. Airbags saved life.
Just posting to appreciate making airbags standard in all variants now a days is good step by manufacturers.

PS: no intention of starting another build related war. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishkapadia (Post 3916455)
I am also posting a slightly modified Baleno I saw at NEXA showroom today. It looks like a Baleno Cross.

It was a modified Sigma . Picture is uploaded in case anyone feels like. The Alloys for sure looked very nice.

Thanks for posting pictures of that car. It surely looks good. Since all these accessories were fit on the car at the showroom, I'm sure that these are genuine NEXA accessories. Could you please check with the showroom and get the part number of the shark fin antenna on the car? Would be really helpful for me.

Be prepared for further delay in delivery dates.

Maruti Suzuki has suspended work at their Gurgaon plant due to the Jat protest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravcshah (Post 3917397)
Be prepared for further delay in delivery dates.

Maruti Suzuki has suspended work at their Gurgaon plant due to the Jat protest.

True that! Added to it it's icing on the cake for the dealer's to play around with the numbers and change the priorities!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik (Post 3917405)
True that! Added to it it's icing on the cake for the dealer's to play around with the numbers and change the priorities!

Hi, did you get any response from the email id of the Kalyani Sales Manager that I had suggested you with regard to your booking??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjay Gowda (Post 3917525)
Hi, did you get any response from the email id of the Kalyani Sales Manager that I had suggested you with regard to your booking??

Hi Sanjay, no I did not get any reply from their end and as I mentioned how horrendous it was to walk into Nexa just to pick a quotation of the revised prices. There are slim chances that I would ever get a reply. Although I did ring the manager up and checked the status. It looks bad, it will take a while I guess.

Hi All,

I am currently out of country making a home visit sometime in June/July. I need some advice on booking the Baleno P Alpha right sitting here in front my computer.

I spoke to the contact center exec from Bimal Nexa and she told me that the above car commands a waiting period of 6 months, I asked if she is sure, and she was affirmative.
On asking if there could an online booking method she pointed me to the BImalNexa.com and make a booking there. However, I am a little sceptical on the receipts and documents I receive, once I make the payment.

Has anyone tried this way lately ? Any glitches or is the lady making it up by saying 6 months waiting ? Need advice from the bhpians.

TIA..
Shiv

Hey Shiv,

I had a visit to Bimal Nexa showroom last weekend for test driving Baleno Diesel.
I was in touch with NRM-Manju, he said I can transfer the booking amount of 11K by online transfer. They will share the bank details with the customer for the same. And a receipt will be mailed back to the customer with complete details on price and vehicle variant.
If you need his contact details I can share you over message.

Regarding the waiting period, I was informed Petrol version is on higher demand, and expect waiting period in the region on 5-7 months. Try negotiating with them for less moving shades (in case if you are not so selective on colors).

Btw, could you please share your feedback on Baleno's performance on highway and it's build quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 (Post 3918082)

Has anyone tried this way lately ? Any glitches or is the lady making it up by saying 6 months waiting ? Need advice from the bhpians.

TIA..
Shiv

She is right about the waiting period as many tbhpians who booked late nov/dec have got letters from Maruti saying they'll need to wait several weeks more than they were promised during booking. It could get worse now with Maruti plant being shutdown due to riots in Haryana.

Got a call from my dealership today that my car waiting time is extended and i can only get my car after 5-6 months. I have booked in 1st week of Dec and when i checked last time my SA told me he can give delivery in March. Since my sequence number for Zeta Ray Blue was 4 in their waiting list.
However today lady on phone told me that waiting is running for 8-9 months and if i deduct 2-3 months of already booking time than it will take yet another 5-6 months. :deadhorse

Looks like export and riots are leading to more and more waiting period. Also Brezza production might be on the roll as well.

However this did not disappoint me. Since i have already taken delivery of my I20 Sportz (2016 model, once it came with dual airbags) last week :). I will visit their showroom sometime later for booking cancellation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron91 (Post 3918134)
Hey Shiv,

I had a visit to Bimal Nexa showroom last weekend for test driving Baleno Diesel.

I was in touch with NRM-Manju, he said I can transfer the booking amount of 11K by online transfer. They will share the bank details with the customer for the same. And a receipt will be mailed back to the customer with complete details on price and vehicle variant.

If you need his contact details I can share you over message.

Regarding the waiting period, I was informed Petrol version is on higher demand, and expect waiting period in the region on 5-7 months. Try negotiating with them for less moving shades (in case if you are not so selective on colors).

Btw, could you please share your feedback on Baleno's performance on highway and it's build quality.

Sorry brother, as I am mostly staying abroad since past 2 years, missing all the action back home. But, I can confirm you that the car has tremendous appeal and road presence, from what I felt when I had the visuals at Frankfurt show.

Well, so many bhpians cannot go wrong at the same time so I am ready to take the plunge without even TDing. I am a very Honda guy( currently have a city in India , had a brio in 2012& a Crv here at DE) with eyes on jazz but baleno suddenly seems more appealing. Once I am in India in May, I would TD all of them and take final call.

All the best with your hunt. Do keep me posted on what the so called RMs have to say on your car's delivery.

Chao..

Quote:

Originally Posted by viv_cal (Post 3916382)
How much were you charged for the zero dep insurance along with engine protector add-on from ICICI Lombard?

Thanks viv_cal! I have paid 22,6xx for the insurance.

BHPians,
Here are my some simple inquires about BALENO:

In Team-BHP’s review and Farooq’s ownership review, it has been said that in terms of handling Swift scores better than BALENO.

1. There is a good 90mm (2430 & 2520) difference in wheelbase i.e. baleno scores better here.

2. 1” difference in tyre size (15” vs 16”). Baleno scores better here also.

3. Swift weight 965 Kg (ZXI) whereas BALENO weights 865 Kg. A good 100Kg difference in weight which tends to effect handling on negative side but up to what extend it has been balanced by aerodynamics and a New Generation Platform?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As the Official review reports some body roll when push hard. Does it mean that the suspension is not perfectly tuned with new platform?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tachometer is standard in all variant or in Top version only?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Also maruti has very clearly stated in brochure that the spare wheel will be steel rim and size will be 15”.
If Zeta/ Alpha (Both comes with 16”alloy-195/55 tyre) version get punctured in front tyre on highway and a long way to go, won’t it be better to shift an alloy from rear excel to front and put the spare tyre at rear axle?