Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3888164)
The effort put in Zica is commendable, however....... The engine remains the most important component of a car, not the DRLs.

Agreed, but its closely followed by ruggedness & durability. For the city commuter & the regular highway cruiser its a sensible choice. I spend - and have done so for the past many years - a fair amount of time roaming around the roads (good & not very good, metalled & kutccha) and hills of Uttaranchal, and would think twice before plonking my hard-earned on a FWD hatch (even the on-stilts variety).

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3888164)
The effort put in Zica is commendable, however, I would stick with Brio for following reasons-
-Overall better build quality, its a good second car for sure if not first
-Better engine, sports dna
-Better power to weight ratio, lean and fat free, yet good NVH
-Better handling, sweet suspension not too soft or hard
-Feel good factor, less mental stress while driving
-Not too common on the road, exclusive

These days the price of Bells & Whistles like LED, Flip Key, Rain Sensing Wipers, Engine Start Button, etc., have significantly gone down. These gimmicks may distract a typical consumer but are not enough for an enthusiast to exclude Brio from the list. Just because i10 Grand has engine start button does not mean I will buy the car!

Honda has made many undisclosed tweaks recently to the car and for 5.4L on road you can get a V version with other freebies thrown in. The engine remains the most important component of a car, not the DRLs.

I am not a fan of hairy wool roof liners that we get in many cars both cheaper and even some expensive models. I really liked that fact they used this type of roof liner. Amazing!

I am sure by having single bottle holder design they could have easily accommodated the integrated locking knobs :)

Also, firmer seat design would have further added sporty character to the car. The current seats look lazy types.

Wonderful review.

This seems to be a really impressive car. Except Safari, I was never a fan of Tata's design but with Zica's new design I feel they are catching up with the trend. The rear somewhat resembles the grand i10.

Hope Tata will price it pretty competitevly. The 3 cyclinder engine is stil a downer for a person like me. If I am driving a petrol, I would want a completely refind engine. Save vibrations, clatter for the diesel please.

Wow.. awesome review as usual.
But so happy to see TATA is paying a lot of attention to the little things. Really hope this is the beginning of the turn around for a much needed Tata Motors.
Bravo !

Any words from tata's inner circle on the launch date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor (Post 3892511)

The launch is sheduled on February.
Source: Tata Zica Facebook page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor (Post 3892511)

A million dollar question indeed. I am perplexed why they are delaying the launch. It's not like Tata has production constraints or something of that kind. I can understand they wanted to see KUV100 price first but that's long gone. They are certainly missing a trick here. Should have launched by now and garnered interest so people would be more forthcoming seeing Sway in Auto expo. Now, so many people will see Sway there and think of waiting it out till its launch thus harming Zica's sale. Marketing team needs to be pro active.

Fantastic review, congrats S2 and Vid6639

The car looks promising, quite different from previous offerings from TML. Still most consumers will hold on for at least few months before buying so as to get user feedback given the legacy of minor niggles the brand has. TML will have to aggressively market to overcome this buyer inertia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3892541)
A million dollar question indeed. I am perplexed why they are delaying the launch. It's not like Tata has production constraints or something of that kind. I can understand they wanted to see KUV100 price first but that's long gone. They are certainly missing a trick here. Should have launched by now and garnered interest so people would be more forthcoming seeing Sway in Auto expo. Now, so many people will see Sway there and think of waiting it out till its launch thus harming Zica's sale. Marketing team needs to be pro active.

Rightly said. Even i am looking for a car right now and am not sure whether to wait for zica. I test drove kuv100 and i like the looks and stance. I want to wait for Zica, but dont want to wait too long as well. Its time for tata to announce the launch date.

I read in the newspaper that Zika is a virus transmitted my a kind of mosquito.
Recently it seems they have diagnosed a case of Microcephaly caused by this Zika Virus.
Microcephaly it seems is a disease wherein an affected foetus will develop a smaller brain and skull thereby making the child's life expectancy less.

Being an 'automotive' guy more than a 'medicine' guy, I immediately thought of Tata Zica when I saw the headline of the report.

Apart from the Name, I could draw some analogies between Zika and Zica.
The foetus(this new car) will develop smaller brains(engines).
I just hope the car doesn't have a reduced the life expectancy!

I guess the person who chose this name for the car was bit by a mosquito :D

On a serious note, I quite liked this new car just like how I had liked the Bolt and the Zest.
Hopefully the new 3D logo of Tata is lucky for them and gives them the sales they are aiming to achieve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3891467)
So, coming back to the car itself. I just read the Autocar India review and they mentioned petrol FE as 23.5kmpl. I wonder from where they got that figure. However, if it's true then it's remarkable from Tata as their petrol engines never produce good FE. It's even better than Baleno and I consider Maruti as Champs in giving good FE Cars.

I am sure it's as unrealistic as any other quoted FE figure. Considering they don't even test the cars on an actual road these are mostly academic results. I'm happy that Tata is catching up with the 'game'. In the US, the EPA ratings can be realistically attained by anyone or even exceeded. Here, unless you are on an open highway at 80Km/h in the top gear you won't be able to achieve the FE claims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 3892186)
Wonderful review.

Hope Tata will price it pretty competitevly. The 3 cyclinder engine is stil a downer for a person like me. If I am driving a petrol, I would want a completely refind engine. Save vibrations, clatter for the diesel please.

Ironically, As many reviews suggest, Diesel version of Zica seems to be much refined than the petrol counter part.

I think we can better drive diesel for smoother performance (forgetting that it's diesel ;))

I saw it parked right outside my office. At first glace I mistook it for the Grand i10 - which is a compliment. The color too (orange) is very similar to the one offered on the Grand i10. It had temporary red number plates. Since it is not launched, I wonder how it landed on the street. The review is excellent, as usual.

Several of the forum members are checking as to why Tata's have delayed the launch of Zica.
To me it seems that this has been made amply clear as to why the launch has been deferred to Feb 2016.

This will be the first big thing after Guenter Butschek assumes the responsibility of CEO and MD of the company. As per the news he is expected to join TML sometime in mid-feb; we should expect the launch after that.

Let's hope Mr. Butschek gives us a pleasant surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 3894325)
Several of the forum members are checking as to why Tata's have delayed the launch of Zica.
To me it seems that this has been made amply clear as to why the launch has been deferred to Feb 2016.

This will be the first big thing after Guenter Butschek assumes the responsibility of CEO and MD of the company. As per the news he is expected to join TML sometime in mid-feb; we should expect the launch after that.

Let's hope Mr. Butschek gives us a pleasant surprise.

I sincerely hope Tata doesnt delay that much. Already KUV100 is gathering attention and delayed response at Tata means people on the edge will somehow convince themselves to have KUV booked instead of waiting for Zica.

Even i lost my car in Dec flood and was looking for a car. I prebooked both KUV and Zica. But now i like KUV very much except the price point. But the delay in Zica is not allowing me to take a comparative look before finalizing. Still kind of confused.