Team-BHP - Ford Endeavour : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Endeavour : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/173334-ford-endeavour-official-review-294.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by parambyte (Post 5067419)
My 2018 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium suddenly started leaking water into the cabin. The water was almost pouring in from the handles on the A-Pillars as well as the overhead switch panel.[/i]

Similar thing happened to our 2016 Endeavour 3.2 last week. Droplets of water was leaking from the passenger side handle of the A-Pillar.

Wow, this whole process seems really complicated and hard to DIY, not sure if the service people check this at all.

Thanks @ruzbehxyz for the illustrative videos.

Wow. This looks like some good UX design is needed here. It shouldn’t be this complicated. Also, when drain is clogged, water should flow over the body of the car not inside.

Ford Endeavour with a Ford F-150 Raptor Body Kit

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy-1.jpeg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy-2.jpeg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy-3.jpeg

Source: Indian Autos Blog

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz (Post 5068038)

Assuming that the sunroof drainage mechanism of the Explorer (shown in this video) is same as - or similar to - that of the Endeavour, here is what I could gather. Requesting experts to chime in.

Another query I have is - do other cars with sunroof exhibit similar behavior or is this a design flaw with the Endeavour's sunroof setup?

One of my friend is looking for a Bangalore registered Endeavor 3.2 Litre with less than 50K kilometres on, please let me know if anyone is looking to sell. Hope this OK to post in our main Endeavor thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330i (Post 5068039)
Similar thing happened to our 2016 Endeavour 3.2 last week. Droplets of water was leaking from the passenger side handle of the A-Pillar.

Happened to my Endeavour as well. The water drains around the sunroof gets clogged with dust and hence this issue. Was informed that yearly cleaning during service should resolve the issue.

My endeavour suddenly stalled while running a couple of days back. The car lost power and came to a stop. After turning the ignition the car only cranks and refuses to start. Had in towed to the dealership and initial diagnosis is lack for fuel supply to the pump.

Anyone else faced similar issues? Was a perfectly running car till date with 120000 kms on the odo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commander (Post 5087712)
Had in towed to the dealership and initial diagnosis is lack for fuel supply to the pump.

Was there any further analysis done by the service team? Could be a faulty fuel pump, clogged fuel lines (due to rust in the fuel tank), a clogged fuel filter, etc. Please keep us posted.

Does anyone know the latest PCM and TCM update for the Endeavour 3.2/2.2 ?

The last update was in 2019.
PCM - ending in ANP.
TCM - ending in CF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 5087743)
Was there any further analysis done by the service team? Could be a faulty fuel pump, clogged fuel lines (due to rust in the fuel tank), a clogged fuel filter, etc. Please keep us posted.

Received a call yesterday from the service center. So far the fuel pump/ fuel lines have no issue. Now they have informed that the relay board holding the fuses to be at fault. Other components like lights, horn , locks were working perfectly even after break down. Service advisor has informed that fuel supply has a separate circuit in the relay board and that is not functioning. Fuse supply fuse is fine though.

Will be replacing the board now to check which costs about 30000 INR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commander (Post 5092401)
Service advisor has informed that fuel supply has a separate circuit in the relay board and that is not functioning. Fuse supply fuse is fine though. Will be replacing the board now to check which costs about 30000 INR.

Thanks for the update. Hope your Endeavour is under warranty and these expenses will be covered. This is what scares me about modern cars - being so heavily electronics-dependent, chances of malfunction increase manifold compared to good old mechanical cars.

On a related note, the owner's manual talks about fuel supply shut off in the event of even a minor collision/impact. Since you did not mention anything of that nature, could it be that sensor at fault here?

Hope the issue gets resolved soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 5092439)
Thanks for the update. Hope your Endeavour is under warranty and these expenses will be covered. This is what scares me about modern cars - being so heavily electronics-dependent, chances of malfunction increase manifold compared to good old mechanical cars.

On a related note, the owner's manual talks about fuel supply shut off in the event of even a minor collision/impact. Since you did not mention anything of that nature, could it be that sensor at fault here?

Hope the issue gets resolved soon!

Can you please share the page number the info is on. Makes it easier to communicate with the SA.

All,
A curious question, I have noticed this a few times; since I haven't been taking out the car (endeavor 3.2L) on the road due to lock downs, first time (when you are back on the road after a few weeks) the horn doesn't work properly, I have to keep pressing hard and then it works. after a few times, it starts to work properly with regular pressure on the horn plate. Did anyone come across this, what could be causing this? any idea?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknair (Post 5094200)
All,
A curious question, I have noticed this a few times; since I haven't been taking out the car (endeavor 3.2L) on the road due to lock downs, first time (when you are back on the road after a few weeks) the horn doesn't work properly, I have to keep pressing hard and then it works. after a few times, it starts to work properly with regular pressure on the horn plate. Did anyone come across this, what could be causing this? any idea?

This could be just loose contacts or excessive dirt around the contacts. I had the same problem where one horn was not working. Reported it to the ASC and it was done with some adjustments.

My 2016 Endeavour's tailgate is not opening by using either of the three ways (the key button, the button provided on the tailgate itself, the button near the steering wheel).

The owner's manual doesn't provide any other option as far as i know.

Ford ASC Service advisor telephonically said that it might be problem with the tailgate struts (approx Rs 11000).

Any other solution will be welcome.