Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-64.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfGGN (Post 5128048)
Congratulations!!!! clap:

I paid booking amount for L&K yday and have been promised delivery in Sep first week, let's see how it goes. Will reach out to get Zac's email in case "intervention" is needed :)

Looking forward to hear about delivery experience as well as ownership report.

Skoda have been ramping up their customer focus in a big way, and I'm pretty sure they'll stick to their commitments.
Congratulations!!

I was hoping for some advice from all of the New Gen Superb owners here.
Any suggestions on what floor mats to get? Since I'm based in Guwahati, the choices available are kind of limited for Skoda vehicles currently. If anyone could point to a good option available online, I would be extremely grateful!
Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphukan (Post 5128091)
I was hoping for some advice from all of the New Gen Superb owners here.
Any suggestions on what floor mats to get? Since I'm based in Guwahati, the choices available are kind of limited for Skoda vehicles currently. If anyone could point to a good option available online, I would be extremely grateful!
Thank you!

Opt out of the essentials kit that the dealer offers. Those are meant for dry and dust free environments. Go for something like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphukan (Post 5128091)
Any suggestions on what floor mats to get?

The very best. 3D Mats India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphukan (Post 5127563)
today I got a call from the GM Sales that the car had arrived :) Quite impressed with the turnaround time. Maybe my mail to Zac had something to do with it!

Congratulations :thumbs up
Mr Zac Hollis is indeed turning things around, slowly but surely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfGGN (Post 5128048)
I paid booking amount for L&K yday and have been promised delivery in Sep first week

Congrats to you also :thumbs up

Just in case you folks are interested, here's the digital version of the owners manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 5128148)
The very best. 3D Mats India.

I believe the 3D / Kagu mats available in India for the Superb are not a perfect fit. I don't have personal experience, but this is what I have heard from multiple owners.

I had called up the 3d mats people and they told me that tgey don't have perfect fitting mata for Superb and there is no plan for making them. I am also looking for mats for my superb.

Took delivery of the car today evening!! What a beast!
Am attaching a few pictures, in case anyone's interested :)
PS: The car has come with very decent mats ( Fabric), which I wasn't expecting. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, will pursue them tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphukan (Post 5128726)

Congratulations on your new beast! :thumbs up Wishing you tonnes of peaceful miles and smiles, especially in the beautiful city of Guwhati with a lot of hills / curves / bends! Rock On!

Quote:

Am attaching a few pictures, in case anyone's interested :)
PS: The car has come with very decent mats ( Fabric), which I wasn't expecting. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, will pursue them tomorrow.

Congratulations. Love the black Alcantara interior.

Quote:

Kwel!!! clap: Hearty congratulations!!

What is the manufacture date in Form 22? Did you activate SkodaConnect?

Quote:

Took delivery of the car today evening!! What a beast! .

Congratulations. I have been eyeing this exact same combination myself. If you dont mind me asking, can you please share the deal you got ? Any discounts ? The few things that are missing, I wish it had the TPMS atleast, rest all is ok, including the driving modes but TPMS is vital.

The miles have been very slow to clock on my MY2020 Superb, still shy of 3k on the odometer with the lock downs.

In the meantime, I have a few questions for this thread.

1. Need a dash cam with concealed wiring, that also does not drain down the battery and turns on with the ignition.
2. Need to disable the 80kmph beeps, as most of my trips are at night, and boy does this alarm disturb the calm.

I am not trying out a DIY on this vehicle, and would need suggestions where both can be done. Also, very concerned about the warranty too.

I am currently in Tirunelveli, but with my office space at Bangalore, a day's trip to the city won't be a bother either, but the closer to Tirunelveli the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbenstewart (Post 5129536)
The miles have been very slow to clock on my MY2020 Superb, still shy of 3k on the odometer with the lock downs.

In the meantime, I have a few questions for this thread.

1. Need a dash cam with concealed wiring, that also does not drain down the battery and turns on with the ignition.
2. Need to disable the 80kmph beeps, as most of my trips are at night, and boy does this alarm disturb the calm.

I am not trying out a DIY on this vehicle, and would need suggestions where both can be done. Also, very concerned about the warranty too.

I am currently in Tirunelveli, but with my office space at Bangalore, a day's trip to the city won't be a bother either, but the closer to Tirunelveli the better.

Hi,
1- For dashcam, i've heard a lot of good reviews about this brand called 7omai. I remember reading about it where there is an option to plug it into the cigarette lighter socket or buy the wiring harnessd to link into the fuse-box for continuous recording even when parked.

2- 80 kmph beep usually only chimes once, however the 120 kmph is the one that keep chiming and can be quite annoying. While I totally respect the traffic laws and the need to keep the vehicle under 120 kmph, I know what you mean. I've disabled the chimes using OBD long coding and has been peaceful now.

If you'd need more information on that, please feel free to DM me.
Drive safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadwarrior (Post 5129653)
2- 80 kmph beep usually only chimes once, however the 120 kmph is the one that keep chiming and can be quite annoying. While I totally respect the traffic laws and the need to keep the vehicle under 120 kmph, I know what you mean. I've disabled the chimes using OBD long coding and has been peaceful now.

If you'd need more information on that, please feel free to DM me.
Drive safe!

Hi roadwarrior - Any implications on warranty? I believe even though OBD long coding is a software modification, SKODA can always find out any coding changes, when connected to VAS.