Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-39.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4087325)
It was fixed Greg but i was not given a proper explanation as to which fuse had blown.

True that. They should have told which one is gone. Even in my case, they just told me that the discs are worn out and didnt let me to see the old ones.

Quote:

When you put in reverse and the engagement was harsh with sound was there any delay in engagement of the reverse gear? Please do note if this happens again.

The stick is sometimes hard when moved from P to R I have noticed that this occurs if the vehicle moves slightly after P has been engaged on an incline if the handbrake hasn't been applied fully.
No delay at all. I did try this couple of times over the weekend, just to see if it reoccurs and havent observed any delay. But yes, there is a hardness to the stick while moving it from P to R. Will watch over carefully to see if this occurs again.

On the other note, I dropped in my vehicle this morning again at the service center to fix the following :

- Rattling sound from the front driver side while going over humps and rough patches. I cant make out if its coming from the tyre wall or anywhere else. But this started after they have replaced the discs under warranty during 2nd service.
- Intermittent squeaking sound from the brakes. These are with the new discs.
- Steering Alignment issue. This is not fixed even after two attempts of correcting it. I told the service head, if its not fixed this time, I will escalate to Toyota and will get it fixed outside.

Had a casual talk with the service head while waiting for my vehicle to be allotted to an SA and I asked him about Toyota's advice to replace 17" with 16" wheels. He said there is no communication from Toyota on that so far, but they have incidents about Tyre Bursts.

I am not sure why Toyota is not issuing a recall or send a official confirmation to all the dealers if they sense this as a potential failure. Being stranded on the road with your family in the middle of no where due to this can be a horrific experience. I did experience this on mine and I sincerely wish this wont happen to anyone.

10000Kms Service Update for my Pearl White Crysta 2.4 MT Vx. I took the delivery on 30th June. Have done 1400Kms(Drive to tirupati) & 2500Kms(Drive to Munnar) in the last fourth months and completed the service last Saturday. The overall performance has been good and the average mileage including highway and city has been hovering between 14kmpl - 14.5kmpl. Everything except two issues cropped up

Issue 1:- Noise from the center of the dashboard during quick acceleration in the fourth gear. The noise was quiet bad and could easily be reproduced.
Solution: Initially, i was told that the dashboard itself might be loose but later during the service, they found two AC pipes close which would make that noise. Issue has been resolved for good.

Issue 2:- Noise from Rear Left side corner. I have told about this issue since the first service and the second service(5000Kms). Was not resolved. Took it up strongly with the Toyota team and they immediately offered to resolve. Had not time and hence waited to get it resolved at 10000Kms service.
Solution:- Still not resolved. I was told at 6:00 PM (when i went to take the delivery) that it would take another 4/5hrs before they can fix it. I was in no mood to leave my vehicle as i had a travel planned on Sunday. Asked them to fix it during the 15000Kms service and they obliged.

Other than this, everything else is good. I am enjoying the quiet and cosy ride of this beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samabhi (Post 4088010)
No delay at all. I did try this couple of times over the weekend, just to see if it reoccurs and havent observed any delay. But yes, there is a hardness to the stick while moving it from P to R. Will watch over carefully to see if this occurs again.

If there is no delay then there is no issue if the range switch is faulty (or as in my case no power to range switch coz of blown fuse) there will be a delay.

Quote:

On the other note, I dropped in my vehicle this morning again at the service center to fix the following :

- Rattling sound from the front driver side while going over humps and rough patches. I cant make out if its coming from the tyre wall or anywhere else. But this started after they have replaced the discs under warranty during 2nd service.
- Intermittent squeaking sound from the brakes. These are with the new discs.
- Steering Alignment issue. This is not fixed even after two attempts of correcting it. I told the service head, if its not fixed this time, I will escalate to Toyota and will get it fixed outside.

Make an appointment for the rattling and squeaking related to brake noise better to get it addressed promptly.
Steering alignment issue is easily fixable, escalate to Toyota and wait for their response before you take it to outside shop.

Quote:

Had a casual talk with the service head while waiting for my vehicle to be allotted to an SA and I asked him about Toyota's advice to replace 17" with 16" wheels. He said there is no communication from Toyota on that so far, but they have incidents about Tyre Bursts.

I am not sure why Toyota is not issuing a recall or send a official confirmation to all the dealers if they sense this as a potential failure. Being stranded on the road with your family in the middle of no where due to this can be a horrific experience. I did experience this on mine and I sincerely wish this wont happen to anyone.

Yes cases have been reported here also. The Tech gave me an interesting reason. People who upgrade to the Crysta (17") from the older Innovas drive in the same fashion as they did with their older Innovas over bad roads. The 17" wheel and its lower profile tyre would not withstand the abuse like the higher profile tyre in the old Innovas and thus fail.

But if anyone wants to upgrade to 16" Ping me i need those 17"ers :D

Isn't it pathetic that they attribute tyre bursts to 17" rims and low profile tyres ? The tyres would be harder in lower profile and shouldn't result in bursts. I would assume that suspension would take more beating than tyres going bust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4088080)

Make an appointment for the rattling and squeaking related to brake noise better to get it addressed promptly.
Steering alignment issue is easily fixable, escalate to Toyota and wait for their response before you take it to outside shop.

Yes. I took the appointment and dropped the vehicle at the service center. Just got an update from the SA that they need one more day to understand the problem. The sound is coming from the suspension as per them and needs to be checked thoroughly. :Frustrati

Have started seeing Crysta cabs in Bangalore in the last couple of days. Guess Toyota have now opened the bookings for taxi segment as well.
I am expecting existing old Innova resale prices to go up like it happened in the case of Qualis.

Innova here sure has Apple like cult following.

Quote:

- Rattling sound from the front driver side while going over humps and rough patches. I cant make out if its coming from the tyre wall or anywhere else.
- Intermittent squeaking sound from the brakes. These are with the new
discs.
-Steering Alignment issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samabhi (Post 4088251)
The sound is coming from the suspension as per them and needs to be checked thoroughly.

So the Service Center kept my vehicle for 2 days and informed me yesterday that everything is rectified and no sound is coming now. I took a test drive again with the service head and to my utter disappointment the rattle sound from the front right side is still there. The technician who worked on the car came with me for a repeat test drive and I made it to clear to him about the rattle sound. This time, he confirmed that it is coming from the driver seat..:Frustrati

They need more time to fix this, as the entire seat needs to be taken out and the carriage way needs to be checked. As it was already late in the evening, I was asked to get the vehicle another day and I refused to that saying that I will get it fixed during the 3rd service. Didnt make sense to get just that fixed and now since its evident that the rattle sound is not from brakes or suspension, I can live with it for another couple of months.

The squeak sound is not there from the brakes now, but I need to drive for some more time to confirm on this. And the steering alignment is still off and I didnt bother to let them know about this, as this is the third time that they tried to fix it. Decided to get it checked outside at a reputed Wheel alignment center.

My only concern is about their lack of attention to detail when it comes to understanding the customer's plight. When the first technician took the test drive before starting the work, he could have identified then itself and they wouldnt have to check the entire suspension, tightening the bolts and replacing some bush to ensure everything is right with it. Very disappointing with the overall experience to say the least. I did convey the feedback to the service head (Arun) and he promised to make sure that he lets his upper management know about this.

Quote:

My only concern is about their lack of attention to detail when it comes to understanding the customer's plight.
Unlike Tata and Mahindra's, Toyota Dealerships are mostly trained to handle basic + Accident stuff mostly. It will be hard for them to get used to handling such complaints. In fact, they won't listen to common observations of customers in past and most of the time, they used to be right in past. But will all these niggles and issues cropping in, looks they will have to learn quickly how to correct manufacturing defects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4089597)
Unlike Tata and Mahindra's, Toyota Dealerships are mostly trained to handle basic + Accident stuff mostly. It will be hard for them to get used to handling such complaints.

That is just a lame excuse to escape from problems. Most of the sales/service personals move between brands. How can they become not capable of handling such issues when they move to Toyota dealerships?

Quote:

That is just a lame excuse to escape from problems. Most of the sales/service personals move between brands. How can they become not capable of handling such issues when they move to Toyota dealerships?
No, it's not an excuse by anyone, just my observation based on my past communication with Toyota guys. Also if I am not mistaken Toyota dealerships guys are amongst most satisfied of the lot, I have seen people working almost whole of their life. I still see some guys in Chandigarh & Ludhiana who used to serve my Qualis in 2002 :) What I mean is the general attitute, if you are selling a product which hardly has any recalls or issues, you tend to get used to such working.

Installed Z's the engine cover on the G couple of days ago. The engine is now slightly less audible in the cabin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4089981)
Installed Z's the engine cover on the G couple of days ago. The engine is now slightly less audible in the cabin.

How much did it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 4088293)
Have started seeing Crysta cabs in Bangalore in the last couple of days. Guess Toyota have now opened the bookings for taxi segment as well.
I am expecting existing old Innova resale prices to go up like it happened in the case of Qualis.

Innova here sure has Apple like cult following.

Saw these yellow board ones quite some time back, like 1.5 months or so back when it was getting a pooja done near the temple. Once the initial white boards buyers reduce, Crysta would mainly be sold as yellow board ones just like its predecessor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4089981)

Have you tried noise absorption materials, like the insulation pads in link below. I have heard good things about it. Usually one of the difference between the higher end and lower end vehicle models are the amount of sound insulation material.
http://www.amazon.in/Universal-Dampi...inhydr18418-21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 4089985)
How much did it cost?

Rs.9000/- for the cover. All fittings are already present on top of the engine to take the cover. Just needed a pair of nuts extra thats all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarcarsm (Post 4090001)
Have you tried noise absorption materials, like the insulation pads in link below. I have heard good things about it. Usually one of the difference between the higher end and lower end vehicle models are the amount of sound insulation material.

Yes, there was some thick insulation under the cover. I didn't consider adding any extra insulation as minimising sound was not really the objective. I did this to keep the valve cover and all the connectors and fuel lines under it relatively dust free which would get really dirty otherwise.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20161107_201342.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4090314)
Yes, there was some thick insulation under the cover. I didn't consider adding any extra insulation as minimising sound was not really the objective. I did this to keep the valve cover and all the connectors and fuel lines under it relatively dust free which would get really dirty otherwise.

Is your valve cover plastic? If it is metallic then you may want to watch out for any oil coking. In the large engine field, I know of a case were we changed from metallic to plastic valve covers and due to lack of heat dissipation, lube oil in the valve train, under the cover, started to coke and eventually failed valve train. I guess covering metallic valve covers with insulation has the same effect.
Just sharing an experience.