Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-40.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czarcarsm (Post 4093360)
Is your valve cover plastic? If it is metallic then you may want to watch out for any oil coking. In the large engine field, I know of a case were we changed from metallic to plastic valve covers and due to lack of heat dissipation, lube oil in the valve train, under the cover, started to coke and eventually failed valve train. I guess covering metallic valve covers with insulation has the same effect.
Just sharing an experience.

I don't think there would be a problem because the same engine runs with this cover in Crysta V/Z and new Fortuner from factory. The engine cover with similar and sometimes more (VW TDI) insulation is present in almost all Diesel passenger vehicles nowadays, present over the valve cover for aesthetic reasons and reducing NVH; and almost all of them have Aluminium valve covers.

Toyota 2.5 D4D and 3.0 D4D KD series engines and 2.4 D4D and 2.8 D4D GD series engines have non metallic valve covers.

Have any discounts started on the Innova Crysta? Looking to get a GX 7 seater variant as a company car, is it possible to get the touchscreen retrofitted on it and how much does Toyota charge for the same? What other essential features would one miss in the interior compared to the VX model?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4093589)
Have any discounts started on the Innova Crysta? Looking to get a GX 7 seater variant as a company car, is it possible to get the touchscreen retrofitted on it and how much does Toyota charge for the same? What other essential features would one miss in the interior compared to the VX model?

No discounts and I doubt there would be any as long as its selling well.

V/Z's OE touchscreen can be fitted and basic audio functions would work if retrofitted in the GX. But reverse camera, steering controls (GX has no steering controls), Navigation, USB port integration and other CANBUS related info wouldn't work because VX/ZX has more wires and connectors for its OE stereo which GX lacks. For GX an aftermarket Android Auto/Carplay headunit is the best rather than going the OE way unless it's for the integrated look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4093589)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4093621)
V/Z's OE touchscreen can be fitted and basic audio functions would work if retrofitted in the GX. But reverse camera, steering controls (GX has no steering controls), Navigation, USB port integration and other CANBUS related info wouldn't work because VX/ZX has more wires and connectors for its OE stereo which GX lacks. For GX an aftermarket Android Auto/Carplay headunit is the best rather than going the OE way unless it's for the integrated look.

I agree with Sankar with regards to the OE touchscreen. Furthermore, when I got my GX 5 months back, the dealer was not even offering to provide the OE system. So you may have to ask if they are providing it as an option now.

Adding to the inconveniences, there are basically two things I dearly miss from the V/Z;
One may also miss auto-retracting mirrors; but that shouldn't be a daily inconvenience for many.

What is difference between G and GX variants? I also read in earlier posts that there is a Innova E, what would be its pricing and again what are the differences when compared to G model.

New fortuner has electric tailgate opening struts. Any idea if they can be fitted to innova

I received my 2.8 Z Auto some time back and it's already clocked 2500 kms (an achievement in itself considering my Endeavour has done 39000 in 6 years). It has completely won the hearts of everyone in the family and everyone keeps jostling for the keys in the morning! It is supremely comfortable and if you treat it as it should be (like your everyday comfortable relaxed cruising people carrier), its an absolute gem to drive too! I had close to zero interest when dad insisted on buying this car, but now that it's here, i can't seem to get enough of it!

Just wish there was something i could do to make it stand out from the sea of Crystas floating around my city! I'm definitely not into the whole chrome bling thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4047971)
Yes occurred once in my Crysta AT and once during the test drive before purchase in the test drive Crysta AT. Both times during sudden braking and only during early days before i got the feel of the brakes.

So I assume it was sort of a grinding noise? Maybe you were on uneven terrain or something. That is merely the ABS system kicking in. Really don't think there's a need to worry. I used to get that a lot on my Endeavour. Got it checked and was told that it was just the ABS kicking in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4048642)
Crysta OE speakers
Attachment 1550052
Attachment 1550053

The door reflector unit in lower variants. This is actually shaped like a puddle lamp minus the electrical contacts. Its possible to install higher variant's puddle lamp in it's place if someone wants to.
Attachment 1550054
Attachment 1550055

Did you check the size of the speakers? Are they 6.5" drivers?

Can an owner who has owned both the previous gen Innova and the Crysta compare the ride quality of the two. Also has any body compared the ride of the 16 inch shod crysta with the 17 inch one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 4100896)
Can an owner who has owned both the previous gen Innova and the Crysta compare the ride quality of the two.

Check Karan561's video review OR ownership review of sridhu.

Quote:

Also has any body compared the ride of the 16 inch shod crysta with the 17 inch one.
This Innova crysta tyre upgrade thread can be of some help.

Toyota bags eight ASEAN NCAP safety and tech awards.

Toyota’s second-generation Innova, christened Innova Crysta, received an overall safety rating of four stars at the Asean NCAP crash test conducted earlier this year .

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-capture.jpg

The six awards for the best occupant protection classifications are:

Toyota Sienta: Best Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) for MPV Category

Toyota Agya: Best Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) for Mini Car Category

Toyota Agya: Best Child Occupant Protection (COP) Mini Car Category

Toyota Innova: Best Child Occupant Protection (COP) for MPV Category

Toyota Rush: Best Child Occupant Protection (COP) for SUV Category

Toyota Hilux: Best Child Occupant Protection (COP) for Pickup Category

Additionally, Toyota received a special recognition award―the Rising Star Recognition, for its efforts at improving safety standards in the ASEAN region with the Toyota Corolla.
The awards for safety technology and special recognition are:

Blind Spot Monitor: Safety Technology Award (Car Manufacturer)

Toyota Corolla: Rising Star Recognition

Apart from these awards, the carmaker has also received AOP 5-star ratings for three models sold in Southeast Asia―the Hilux, the Innova and the Sienta, which were tested between 2015 and 2016.

Link

Hi Team,

I'm planning to buy a Innova Crysta Z AT to replace my Duster (manual).25+ lacs is certainly a big stretch as far as my budget goes but thought will plonk in the extra cash as i plan to keep the car for the next 8-10 years.And because of Toyota's famed reliability,i thought Crysta will be the best bet.

Had almost finalised when i now saw posts in the forum stating the issue of Tyre bursts and this is making me have a re-think.

I shudder at the thought of having a tyre burst while on a highway with family or, say while ascending/descending a ghat road :Shockked:

What would the team members here advice? Should the tyre issue be a deal breaker? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom_op (Post 4098107)
Just wish there was something i could do to make it stand out from the sea of Crystas floating around my city! I'm definitely not into the whole chrome bling thing.

Why not do exactly the opposite. Minimise the chrome and make everything black. That will stand out from the crowd.

Here's bhpian josepeter's s-cross for inspiration

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468395535.015799.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-fullsizerender_2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram78 (Post 4103722)
What would the team members here advice? Should the tyre issue be a deal breaker? please:

Tyres aren't going to burst while ascending and descending a ghat for no reason apart from the fact that they developed a bubble on the side wall. I haven't come across any such issues with the Crysta. Tyres usually burst when the tyres hits a pothole at a decent/high speed. Say above 50kmph. This is noticeable in the top variant of the innova as it comes with 17-Inch rims. Considering our road conditions it's best to stick to 15/16inch rims for comfort and peace of mind. Maybe for added peace of mind you can consider upgrading to 225/55 R17 for the Crysta or get 16-Inch rims from the lower variant. I personally would suggest upgrading to 225/55. They should serve you well.

Hi i have booked a garnet red gx manual as i found manual to be more fun to drive. Maybe delivered by the end of this month. Kindly advice ice with inbuilt gps. Also suggestions are welcome on buying experience.