Team-BHP - Maruti Ignis : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ignis : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186135-maruti-ignis-official-review-28.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilMonSter (Post 4449262)
quick question, Anyone here going for the Ignis drive event at the lalit tomorrow?

If you don't mind me asking, what is the event exactly and what's the timing? Lalit is right next to my college so i would be open to popping in if it is open at the right time

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4449297)
If you don't mind me asking, what is the event exactly and what's the timing? Lalit is right next to my college so i would be open to popping in if it is open at the right time

this is the invitation i have received today. it starts at 2:30pm. hope this helps.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-photo20180824115226.jpg

Dacia Duster vs Suzuki Ignis vs SsangYong Tivoli, performance tested.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-01_36.jpg

The little Suzuki falls behind Duster but beats SSangyong Tivoli:)

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-du.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ig.jpg

Quote:

The Ignis can’t compete with the Dacia due to a lack of practicality, but it’s a more responsive car to drive, is funkier and feels more modern thanks to its impressive infotainment. However, it’s not as comfortable or as usable, even if it will be incredibly cheap to buy and run. Those looking for a compact but cheap urban SUV should definitely put the Ignis on their shortlist.

Link:

Anyone knows the current discounts on the ignis in Delhi NCR. My sister is looking for a city run about and would like to go in for the Ignis delta petrol MT/Sigma MT or the AMT Delta depending on the discounts. Would not like to pay more than 50k for the AMT so if the discounts on the MT are better then the AMT then might go for manual. I believe sigma MT makes for a better buy then the wagon r vxi due to the better safety offered by ignis right from the base variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaFan (Post 4458119)
Anyone knows the current discounts on the ignis in Delhi NCR. My sister is looking for a city run about and would like to go in for the Ignis delta petrol MT/Sigma MT or the AMT Delta depending on the discounts. Would not like to pay more than 50k for the AMT so if the discounts on the MT are better then the AMT then might go for manual. I believe sigma MT makes for a better buy then the wagon r vxi due to the better safety offered by ignis right from the base variant.

I booked a Zeta MT yesterday with Rana Motors Nexa. The OTR price is 6.1L for the same after discounts. The AMT is 6.85L, a difference of 75k. I too was keen on an AMT but the premium of 75k is too much I feel.

The discounts are below.
Consumer Discount: MT- 30k, AMT- 35k
Corporate discount: 3.1k (5.1k if teacher)
Additional discount of 10k if the car is delivered by 23 Sept 2018
Also there was an exchange bonus of 25k, however I was not exchanging any car.

Hope this helps !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altocumulus (Post 4458727)
I booked a Zeta MT yesterday with Rana Motors Nexa. The OTR price is 6.1L for the same after discounts. The AMT is 6.85L, a difference of 75k. I too was keen on an AMT but the premium of 75k is too much I feel.

The discounts are below.
Consumer Discount: MT- 30k, AMT- 35k
Corporate discount: 3.1k (5.1k if teacher)
Additional discount of 10k if the car is delivered by 23 Sept 2018
Also there was an exchange bonus of 25k, however I was not exchanging any car.

Hope this helps !

Thanks a lot altocumulus. As per your break up the AMT ought to have more discounts compared to manual and the ex showroom difference between the variants is ~45k. I believe this 75k difference is due to Zeta AMT being above 6L compared to the MT and hence in the higher tax bracket.
By the way are these discounts that you are getting on 2017 stock or fresh 2018 stock? And we're you given a free choice of colours to choose from or were you just asked to choose from the inventory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaFan (Post 4458893)
Thanks a lot altocumulus. As per your break up the AMT ought to have more discounts compared to manual and the ex showroom difference between the variants is ~45k. I believe this 75k difference is due to Zeta AMT being above 6L compared to the MT and hence in the higher tax bracket.
By the way are these discounts that you are getting on 2017 stock or fresh 2018 stock? And we're you given a free choice of colours to choose from or were you just asked to choose from the inventory.

Yes the extra difference I believe is because of the tax. I could have gone for Delta AMT but rear defogger and wiper for hatchbacks is a must for me.

These are all 2018 stock. As a matter of fact the car was ordered after I booked the same.

Ignis Limited Edition launched,

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-marutiignislimitededition1.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-marutiignislimitededitioninterior.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCtQxCYS7gc

Quote:

The limited edition gets accessories with Rs 45,000 which will be passed on to the customers at a special price of approximately Rs 30,000. The add-ons will be a dealer fitment. The package includes side door cladding with Ignis branding, a rear spoiler and a lower body kit that comes with silver moulding for both the bumpers, similar to skid plates found in cross-hatchbacks.

On the inside, this limited edition Ignis comes with premium seat covers. This version is based on the Delta trim that comes with keyless entry, audio system with Bluetooth, electric ORVMs, front and rear power windows, ABS and dual airbags.

Link

HI,
I'm facing two problems in my 6 month old Ignis AMT Zeta.

i) High RPM when starting cold starting in the morning or in the evening (after 8-9 hours of rest). The RPM shoots up to 1500 on start and stays there. I've waited for about 1 minute to settle it down but is doesn't. BUT if immediately after start I shift my gear from neutral to 1st with brake depressed and even without moving the car the RPM settles to usual 1000 and then around 750-800. Thereafter, when the engine is hot the phenomenon is not repeated. It again resurfaces in the evening after about 8-9 hours of rest.

ii) The idling of the car is a bit rough with AC on. I'm familiar with the AC cutting on/off vibrations. But in this case these vibrations are present throughout the time the AC is on. The RPM fluctuates from 700 to 1100. There is no effect on AC. The car feels like a 3 cylinder engine.
Without AC the car feels almost normal. There is no RPM fluctuations. But a little bit of vibrations may be felt.

I'll be taking the car to the MASS soon. But before going I intend to have a clear idea of whats wrong with the car and don't want to get trapped in the hand of the wrong guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 4388158)
Nothing was cut. All connection was made with taps. The DRL assembly was sourced from someone in Gurgaon. The DRL cost 3000 and the auto folding relay 2000. Installation was around 900.

Attachment 1752994

Can you please PM me or post the contact from Gurgaon from where you procured this. I am expecting delivery for my Zeta in about a week, and would like to have a similar setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 4460743)
HI,

i) High RPM when starting cold starting in the morning or in the evening (after 8-9 hours of rest). The RPM shoots up to 1500 on start and stays there....

Hi @archat68, in my 2018 AMT Petrol Swift, there is a similar behavior during cold starts (say after an overnight rest). The RPM after ignition hovers around 1500 and after 50 secs goes down to around 600 mark.

Additionally, on a cold start, once I slot the car in "D", the car shudders while moving forward from standstill (on very low speeds). This continues for first 30 secs and thereafter disappears.

Please do update this thread on the response you receive from the service visit.

For people looking at Headlight Upgrade in terms of LED upgrade for the lower variants of Ignis, I have called out my recent experience in upgrading my Delta AMT Ignis to Beamtech LED headlights here: >

It is a completely Plug and Play, Do-It-Yourself type of an effort and can be done easily :thumbs up

Here is another high revving review of the Ignis:

Maruti Ignis Petrol Review - Manual Better Than AMT | Faisal Khan
Ignis Petrol AMT

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 4460743)
HI,

i) High RPM when starting cold starting in the morning or in the evening (after 8-9 hours of rest). The RPM shoots up to 1500 on start and stays there. I've waited for about 1 minute to settle it down but is doesn't. BUT if immediately after start I shift my gear from neutral to 1st with brake depressed and even without moving the car the RPM settles to usual 1000 and then around 750-800. Thereafter, when the engine is hot the phenomenon is not repeated. It again resurfaces in the evening after about 8-9 hours of rest.

This is quiet common for petrol engines with FI, during very cold weather the engine keeps the RPM bit high to ensure operating temperature is reached faster, so cold engine parts wear faster.

I am not sure about the RPM range tho, have observed this on my Duke and Tigor AMT. It is told that its better to wait till the RPM settles down, just like how we are advised to wait for turbo powered cars.

We got a Ignis Zeta AMT home this Christmas. :D

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20181222_112639827_hdr.jpg
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20181222_163829960_hdr01.jpg

Had to wait a bit since we were very specific about the colour and the variant. Have de-chromed the front end completely, so it looks like the Sigma from the front end. LOL

This one will be used by my wife primarily for running errands in the city and replaced the 2011 A-Star AT in the garage.

Not a fan of the AMT unit but all AT hatchbacks had some shortgivings one way or another. So picked one which met our requirements the best. In an ideal market, I would loved to own Ignis Zeta with the K12 + CVT. That would have been some combination! :)