Team-BHP - Maruti Ignis : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ignis : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/186135-maruti-ignis-official-review-66.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 5643421)
This indeed is surprise to me that Tata cars are giving better mileage than Maruti. We have an Ignis Sigma variant and so far it has never disappointed on the mileage front. Agreed that it doesn’t see much of the highway running & if at all it does, it’s driven between 70-90 kmph max !

Spoke to a few folks and having read on the forums, the Punch doesn’t quite excel on the mileage front, especially in city. Tiago, maybe yes a little bit better than Punch.

True I own an Ignis since 2017 and my friend owns a Tiago since then. Both are AMTs. While from day 1 the Ignis showed a mileage of 12 to 13 in Bangalore traffic (BSK to Whitefield ), the Tiago started from a dismal 9-10 (JP Nagar to whitefield).

Now the Tiago has averaged to 10-11 with best at 12, the Ignis is consistently averaging more than 13 with best at 14.5.

Ignis is an overall excellent package and quite underrated car. Safety wise it has scored 3 stars in Euro NCAP initially. While it's the sane car with not many feature additions thats why scored less on a updated GNCAP.
The car is sturdy as shown in real life incidents.
All the Best for your wide purchase.

Ownership review of Iggy | Ignis Alpha MT | 11500 km / 6 months

Hi everyone! This is my first ownership review of a vehicle on this amazing forum. I have been a long-time reader of teambhp and though I still consider myself a novice, I am hoping that I can do justice to a very underrated car (even now!). In fact, I arrived at the decision, to the dismay of many, to buy an Ignis only after reading the posts here.
Name:  iggy1.png
Views: 953
Size:  247.3 KB
Iggy on delivery day
I took delivery of my Ignis Alpha MT, named Iggy, on March 31, 2023, the day before the RDE norms came into play. Shoutout to Nexa Kalyani, JP Nagar and especially Sukhith, my SA, who was patient with all my doubts and kept me updated regularly.

OTR Iggy costed around 9 lakhs including accessories. Everyone has balked at my decision and here is why I still went ahead with my choice:

1. Budget was 9 lakhs max.
2. I wanted very good after sales service. So that automatically removed Tata or Mahindra vehicles from consideration.
3. Low waiting period as i wanted my car to be delivered before my marriage in May.
4.Small footprint
5. Good ground clearance was a major priority. I travel through many rural areas of Kerala, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu so needed something that would not scrape the ground. I have been driving my dad’s Ertiga for a decade now, so I know the value of good GC!
6.LED projector headlamps as I travel early mornings on my various road trips. From many reviews here, I have observed that the headlight throw off the halogen lamps on Zeta and lower variants weren’t that great.
7. Good front seat under thigh support and adjustable headrests. Overall, good comfort for front 2 passengers was my ask. Back seat comfort was secondary as usually it’s just going to be me and my wife.
8. Rear wiper and washer was a necessity. Most cars in the budget had no wiper.
9. Decent mileage and easy to maintain.
10. I took a gamble on safety features, and I was content with ABS EBD, dual airbags and the usual ones.

Cars considered
I didn’t go ahead with the Tata Punch or Tiago due to its three cylinder engine, which was noisy as per my observation, at lower speeds. The sales and the after sales reviews I have read here put me off too. I went with a friend to a Tata showroom in Bangalore to test drive the Altroz and the sales guy literally told us that he doesn’t know the features and we can figure it out ourselves. This put me off even more.

Hyundai i10 Nios Asta was a bit out of budget and the waiting period was long. Moreover, it’s low GC and lack of adjustable headrests in the front did not appeal to me.
Lower variants of Baleno or i20 were not considered as they lacked many features that I wanted.

Ownership Experience

The 6-month ownership so far has been alright. No complaints or niggles. However, I was in for a nasty surprise when I gave the car for the second service.
I had the dealer pick up my car from home as it was a working day.
They took the car by afternoon and promised to deliver it first thing next morning. Next morning, I receive a call saying that my windshield has been broken due to a coconut. Apparently, they parked the car overnight under a coconut tree and for the first time ever, one fell. They agreed to repair it free of cost and I declined their request to have me claim insurance for it as it clearly wasn't my fault. The delivered the next day and they seemed to have done an okay job. I had to leave for Chennai soon, so I was hurrying them, but they did a decent job, nevertheless.
Name:  iggy2.png
Views: 945
Size:  226.7 KB
Broken windshield of Iggy

The throttle response is amazing, and it sounds like a race car when put through the paces! Surprisingly, I find the car stable at speeds of 100 km/h. Anything beyond will not give you confidence (trust me, I have pushed Iggy to 150 km/h).
To improve driving experience, I bought an armrest from Amazon. It helps rest my left hand during long drives.
I did not go in for PPF or Ceramic Coating due to the cost though I have been advised to do so. I intend to get my car polished once every 3-4 months at a detailing shop to keep the paint shine.

Highway performance

The car has run approx. 8000 km on highways and rural roads, and I couldn't be happier. The car feels planted at 100 km/h, which is the speed I don’t go beyond most of the time. I have stretched it more but anything more than 120 km/h makes me feel like I am losing control.

I get an average of 21 km/l in most recent highway trips as I rarely push the car above 100 km/h. I love how I can quickly overtake on slopes when i am behind slow-moving vehicles.
Overall, my wife and I were never tired. I was fatigued only because of the excessive heat but otherwise I was all good!

City performance

The car performs city duties with equal ease. I get an average of 14 km/l in Bangalore traffic, which is not bad all things considered. The size of the car makes it a boon to park and drive in a congested place like Bangalore.

Cons:

1.Bumpy ride quality for all passengers.
2. Windshield and windows seem to be flimsy. I felt my Ertiga’s OEM Saint Gobain glasses are sturdier and does not attract dirt easily. Another cost cutting measure?
3. Claustrophobic rear seating.

Regardless, Iggy is serving my wife and I well and we are very happy with our pocket rocket. She loves how everyone compliments the colour choice (celestial blue) and balks whenever I say how difficult it is to maintain it!

Planned long term mods:

1.Dashcam installation
2. TPMS installation
3. New mats (the OEM ones look worn out already)

If any of you want to know anything more, feel free to let me know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerthat (Post 5656212)
[h3]
To improve driving experience, I bought an armrest from Amazon. It helps rest my left hand during long drives.

Thank you for your post. I would appreciate if you could also post the link and, if possible, photos of the armrest as I'm also planning to buy one as well but am yet to find a quality product which would fit in with the rest of the Ignis' interior. Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtron12 (Post 5662799)
Thank you for your post. I would appreciate if you could also post the link and, if possible, photos of the armrest as I'm also planning to buy one as well but am yet to find a quality product which would fit in with the rest of the Ignis' interior. Thank you

I bought the Autoskulls Custom fit Wooden Car Arm Rest 2.0 Console for Maruti Suzuki Ignis (Black) armrest from Amazon.
Link: https://amzn.eu/d/9Tcv1JZ

I had to order it twice as the first one was damaged in transit, so i asked for a replacement.

Pros:
1. Good support for my left arm for my height.
2. Small storage compartment in the armrest for keeping wires, sanitizer, etc.

Cons:
1. Fingerprint and dirt magnet.
2. Not a 100% snug fit between the seats. But, if you have a seat cover, it should not be a problem.

This is not a con but i did find it difficult to access the handbrake in the beginning. Once i got used to it, the difficulty subsided.

In summary, the armrest is more functional than aesthetic. I have used it for around 4 months now and for the price, it seems to be doing well.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-armrest.jpeg

“Key fob battery low” warning has popped up in my 9000KMs run, 19 months old Ignis. Isn’t it just too early for key battery to drain out? Anyone with similar experience please guide.

In my 2022 Zeta , when filling up fuel there is "false" auto cut before the actual cutoff point (or even half full). Then on repumping the fuel the petrol goes in normally. Petrol attendents tell me that it might be because of "air bubbles" in the fuel tank.

Anyone facing similar issue of premature autocutoff during refueling ?

Hi Bhpians,

Ignis is my latest acquisition. There seems to be a wrinkle on the paint on the roof of my Ignis. The size seems to be tiny.

Informed the dealer and have shot a mail to Nexa. However, I would like to hear your views. The dealer suggest to work on the paint. But I am vary of the process. WOuld they remove the factory paint from the top and repaint the whole thing from scratch? That is the last thing I want them to do.

For now, as a matter of fact, It doesn't bother me so much. It is a small wrinkle on the paint on roof near the antenna. Most eyes won't catch and it helps that it is not at a place where most people would see. And if I need it, i can put a white wrap on top in the future.

What I am worried about is the affect it might have on long term. Would the wrinkles on car paint spread? Is there are potential for it to develop rust? Is repainting the whole thing from the dealer the best option in front of me (They do have a good reputation, in general)?

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20231205_123908.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20231205_123914.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisham2k9 (Post 5674233)
Hi Bhpians,

Ignis is my latest acquisition. There seems to be a wrinkle on the paint on the roof of my Ignis. The size seems to be tiny.

Informed the dealer and have shot a mail to Nexa. However, I would like to hear your views. The dealer suggest to work on the paint. But I am vary of the process. WOuld they remove the factory paint from the top and repaint the whole thing from scratch? That is the last thing I want them to do.

For now, as a matter of fact, It doesn't bother me so much. It is a small wrinkle on the paint on roof near the antenna. Most eyes won't catch and it helps that it is not at a place where most people would see. And if I need it, i can put a white wrap on top in the future.

What I am worried about is the affect it might have on long term. Would the wrinkles on car paint spread? Is there are potential for it to develop rust? Is repainting the whole thing from the dealer the best option in front of me (They do have a good reputation, in general)?

Attachment 2539900

Attachment 2539901

This is probably the effect of the car lying in the dealer yard. It is possible that some damage could have occurred due to unattended acidic bird droppings or similar. It is also possible that the paint was weak at the place and cracked due to sun damage. Personally my advice is to get the dealer to fix it. Especially if youre keeping the car for a long time, it is worth fixing. This is a relatively small patch. And over time, the edges of these cracks, in a white car, tend to go yellowish from the present white or take on a grey/ brown appearance with dirt getting in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahkehs (Post 5666761)
“Key fob battery low” warning has popped up in my 9000KMs run, 19 months old Ignis. Isn’t it just too early for key battery to drain out? Anyone with similar experience please guide.

Don't worry too much about it. Key battery costs some 50rs and you can change it yourself if via some watch maker too.

Key battery life depends on various factors, and 19 months is a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisham2k9 (Post 5674233)

Would suggest getting it fixed with Nexa. Also, if they agree (which I'm sure they would) get the roof painted in Black. Will surely enhance the looks of the car. Additionally, such issues wouldn't bother much in future as the black colour will probably mask it well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 5675035)
Would suggest getting it fixed with Nexa. Also, if they agree (which I'm sure they would) get the roof painted in Black. Will surely enhance the looks of the car. Additionally, such issues wouldn't bother much in future as the black colour will probably mask it well.

Thanks for your suggestion. Wouldn't changing the color on the roof mandate a change in the RC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisham2k9 (Post 5675565)
Thanks for your suggestion. Wouldn't changing the color on the roof mandate a change in the RC?

Not really. RTO isn't quite hard on that as such. I have got it done on my Creta too.

Update on the colour options:

Maruti has silently discontinued 2 colour options in Ignis - Turquoise Blue and Lucent Orange even though they still appear on the Nexa website.

I went to the dealer to book a Turquoise Blue one today but was told about the discontinuation. :sadface

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider (Post 5676637)
Update on the colour options:

Maruti has silently discontinued 2 colour options in Ignis - Turquoise Blue and Lucent Orange even though they still appear on the Nexa website.

I went to the dealer to book a Turquoise Blue one today but was told about the discontinuation. :sadface

I loved the orange colour. Did the TD in it and I remember wondering why I didn’t see many more of it around. Went for the Celestial Blue as it was more readily available.

The reviews of Jimny and Fronx mention how all seatbelts have to be plugged in at all times, even if no one is occupying thos seats. Has that 'feature' made it to to 2023 Ignis as well? It does not make any sense to me. Am considering purchasing the Ignis Zeta MT variant in Bangalore to tackle our potholed roads, but this seatbellt 'feature' is making me consider buying a second Punch.