Team-BHP - Jeep Compass : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jeep Compass : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/189786-jeep-compass-official-review-170.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie (Post 5094598)
Yes, it was limited to about 400 units manufactured (my SA said it was 408, but don't know how reliable that exact count is). I took delivery of mine on 1st June 2021, after a wait of more than 3 months after making a booking, and was told by the dealership that mine was one of the last ones to be manufactured (mine was the petrol variant and the diesel variant production was already sold out by the beginning of May). There might still be some stock lying around if you want to look for it, my dealership had a grey anniversary edition in stock while I was taking delivery.

lol: Its strange. I was told by the dealer that only 800 units of the anniversary
edition was manufactured and I am getting the last one in green color. They still have stock in white and red.
feels strange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbp.rider (Post 5107062)
lol: Its strange. I was told by the dealer that only 800 units of the anniversary
edition was manufactured and I am getting the last one in green color. They still have stock in white and red.
feels strange.

Just shows how reliable these statements from the dealerships can be. lol: Have you got delivery of your vehicle or are you still waiting for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 5095516)
The issue with the black in Compass is that it is not a pitch dark black but a sparkly black. This is what I felt. I love black cars but somehow under the showroom lights the black looked a bit dull with the sparkly effect.

Definitely is a metallic shade of black than the solids we usually see! Lovely sparkle under the sunlight though!

People who prefer black to keep it shiny and well waxed and detailed - will love this shade for sure.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20210719_132047.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie (Post 5094598)
Yes, it was limited to about 400 units manufactured (my SA said it was 408, but don't know how reliable that exact count is). I took delivery of mine on 1st June 2021, after a wait of more than 3 months after making a booking, and was told by the dealership that mine was one of the last ones to be manufactured (mine was the petrol variant and the diesel variant production was already sold out by the beginning of May). There might still be some stock lying around if you want to look for it, my dealership had a grey anniversary edition in stock while I was taking delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie (Post 5107178)
Just shows how reliable these statements from the dealerships can be. lol: Have you got delivery of your vehicle or are you still waiting for it?

Not yet. Expected by this month end.

Hello Car Enthusiasts and Jeep community,
This is my first post after getting the membership approved (Thanks to moderators). I recently booked 1.4 Sport DDCT and need insights from the experts on the below points:

Any other pointers/insights would be helpful. This is my first new car purchase as the previous ones were either pre-worshipped or were bought by my father. Just want to make sure that all goes well. This is a decision where heart prevailed and having the laugh and fun, whereas the head is getting headaches.
This week has been great and accomplished 2 milestones: getting Team-BHP membership and booking Jeep Compass (a long-cherished dream).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDG (Post 5109733)
I recently booked 1.4 Sport DDCT and need insights from the experts on the below points:
- Does it make sense to go for extended warranty?
- Dealer is charging Handling/logistics charges.
- Any specific insights for PDI (I already have gone through the PDI checklist)? As per dealer, car is available at the plant and can be made available in 7-10 days. Dealer is saying that the car would be made available at the showroom and you can check it out at the showroom. Although he didn’t refuse, however I was getting a feeling that he doesn’t want me to visit stock yard.
Any other pointers/insights would be helpful.

Congratulations on the Compass! A lovely vehicle.
Regarding your query,
- Definitely go for extended warranty. No questions asked.
- For handling charges, it all depends on your haggling skills. See if you can get some basic accessories like mat, mud flaps. Etc.
- Doing PDI at showroom is ok. Just don’t give anything more than booking amount until you are satisfied with the vehicle.
- FCA specific check- if Odo has a H symbol that means odo isn’t tampered. And whatever odo shows is a genuine reading. If H isn’t visible, make sure you ask for a good explanation. H symbol is only there for first 200kms and gone after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi_tjet (Post 5109926)
Congratulations on the Compass! A lovely vehicle.
Regarding your query,

Thanks abhi_tjet!

Yes, the dealer is ready to provide the Mats and Mud flaps. Will keep in mind to check for H symbol during the PDI.

Can't wait to get my hands onto this beautiful machine.

First of, apologies if i'm repeating any query already asked in this thread. I see a ton of reviews for the Compass AT variant, but since I'm considering the MT variant, would be grateful if I could get some response on ownership feedback on the 2021 model.

Research: Started looking for a compact SUV which can relieve me any worries of scratching the underbelly. A vehicle which has ample space for 4-5 adults, quiet cabin and a few new age features. From the available options in the market, I have TD'd Harrier, Creta, Seltos & Jeep Compass. Creta & Seltos score neck to neck in most aspects, but once I drove JC , i've kept these options aside (not written them off yet).
Though Harrier & Compass can be compared since they have the same engine, I found JC to be more refined in terms of ride quality, smoothness, braking and ofcourse taking the road less taken. This is where I found JC performing better than Harrier. Going over bumps, pot holes and driving on real bad roads is where JC scores over Harrier (my personal opinion).Harrier is more roomier inside though.

Engine options: Weighed both Petrol & Diesel options. For a size of a compact SUV, I feel Diesel scores higher over Petrol resulting in better fuel average (strictly speaking on fuel efficiency and cost to be incurred on re fuelling). Living in BLR, would prefer a vehicle which give atleast 10 kmpl even though I plan to use it mostly for highway cruises.

Variant & Transmission being considered: Sport - Why? My budget is around 20L. However after I TD'd Jeep Compass, I'm inclined towards extending another 4 lakhs and going for the base model - Sport Diesel.
Though I'm all in for the gadgets and knick-knacks, unfortunately my budget doesnt allow me to stretch that far. So any AT or higher variants ruled out.

* What is the average maintenance cost per year?
* Those who own JC for more than 4-5 years, how does the vehicle score in terms of ride smoothness?
* How is the servicing experience?
* Thoughts on Cost of spare parts - manual variant

-Deepak

Quote:

Originally Posted by deechan (Post 5110275)
* Those who own JC for more than 4-5 years, how does the vehicle score in terms of ride smoothness?
-Deepak

Let me fill you in with some of the details, even though i have a petrol automatic-

1. Average maintenence cost- for me the first service at 5k kms was free, 2nd service at 10k kms cost 5.5k, 3rd service at 30k kms interval cost 13k (more because paid service+ spark plug replacement). Given you are looking at a diesel- would think your average costs 2nd service onwards would be around 12k, give or take a few. Most service centers tack on a lot of unnecessary items during servicing, so the advice is to stick to your user manual and you should be fine.

2. 26 months, and 21k kms later, the Compass feels exactly what it felt on day one. No creaks or rattles, and an ultra smooth ride.

3. Service experience for me at Landmark Delhi has been satisfactory. I guess for the luxury brand positioning, it could have been a bit better but they have not given me any cause to complain till date, not any cause to get completely wowed over.

4. Spare parts justifies its premium positioning lol: - is higher than the Koreans or Indians, more like what VW would charge for comparative vehicles. Extended warranty is always recommended.

Hello Fellow Jeepers,

Need help on a query regarding my JC petrol A/T on auto engine on/ off
The auto engine start on/ off doesn't work immediately in the first few kms once I start to drive. it kicks in very late. When I asked technician at the service center; he said it is because the unit needs to get recharged and runs on battery. It starts working only when the battery is fully charged.

Appreciate if you can throw some light or if anyone else has faced such issue. IMHO, I dont think it has got to do anything with battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyutaghosh (Post 5110492)
Let me fill you in with some of the details, even though i have a petrol automatic-
====
Spare parts justifies its premium positioning lol: - is higher than the Koreans or Indians, more like what VW would charge for comparative vehicles. Extended warranty is always recommended.

Thank you, Achyuta! Your response has got me more inclined towards JC :) I'll definitely go for the extended warranty per your suggestion. Dealer has quoted 30k for the add-on warranty (not surprisingly does not include brake pads and clutch).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDG (Post 5110050)
Thanks abhi_tjet!

Yes, the dealer is ready to provide the Mats and Mud flaps. Will keep in mind to check for H symbol during the PDI.

Can't wait to get my hands onto this beautiful machine.

Glad to hear that the dealer is providing the Mats and Mud flaps. I hope they are still not charging them under "Essential Accessories" bracket. Almost every dealer puts this under Accessories.

Another additional cost I noticed is that apart from Road Tax & Registration, the JC dealer I'm in touch with has combined Regn/Handling Tax. Found this to be really wierd since Road Tax & registration already includes cost related to RRT. Way to hoodwink customers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deechan (Post 5110275)

-Deepak

You can refer to my below post for maintenance and service experience details,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5036914

Make sure to take the extended warranty, especially if you are planning to keep the car beyond 3 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deechan (Post 5110784)
Glad to hear that the dealer is providing the Mats and Mud flaps.
===
Found this to be really wierd since Road Tax & registration already includes cost related to RRT. Way to hoodwink customers?

No, its not charged. However, Rs. 10,000/- still needs to be paid as handling charges. I was insisting on waiving these charges off, that's when he agreed to give the Mats and Mud flaps.

Another point was insurance quote was quite high, around 84K, which now I am getting from outside at almost half the price.

JEEP Service Experience in Mumbai

My new Jeep Compass (1350kms) was stationary in bumper to bumper traffic and got hit by an idiot who might be on phone or pressed accelerator instead of a break. I so wished it was a Maruti but it turned out to be a Bolero.

The impact and damages are high if you are stationary and that's what happened. On the face of it there was just a dent but it costed ~98k.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210726-10.36.07-pm.jpeg

The major replacements were 1) Two bumpers in the back(Black and Blue) 2) Trunk Inner panel part 3) Trunk door

Punish the Offender

I have the number plate of the person who did this. Is there any way I can start a legal battle to claim my damages or call the person (need to get his number/address using the license plate) and notify him of the charges so that he can pay or would result in a legal case?. I paid 2k from my pocket, I have to pay 5k as an increase in premium and I lost my 50% NCB which will be almost close to 15k. So a total loss of ~20k for ABSOLUTELY no fault of mine. He was giving me 2k cash which I vehemently refused.

Service Experience

The incident happened on Saturday and I called Jeep Landmark Andheri (Mumbai) on Monday. The insurance guy (Go Digit) was prompt and asked me to go to Ghodbunder(Thane) as the workshop is only in Thane. Basically 1 workshop for a city as massive as Mumbai.

The workshop has CRAZY number of cars and very few service associates and hence started the ordeal. No follow ups, false promises, never met the timelines etc etc. It took them 21 days to deliver my car and I thought VW was bad.

Moreover, I for once thought that I now own a luxury vehicle and the Sales experience in Surat totally justified it but service experience was opposite. I remember the first time I took my Polo to the service center and they returned it with a few scratches. My brand new seats and interior tan leather had layers of dust. The cleaning crew did their best but I finally got the car with 2 -3 minor scratches, greasy trunk interior. No matter how hard I try I never catch them all in the service center as everything is so chaotic there. They did not even wax the exterior.

I am not sure if the BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners have better service experience but this was really not top notch. I expect them to be careful with my car's body and definitely put a plastic inside before starting the work to ensure the interiors are not damaged rather than cleaning them after damaging them. For them, it just wasn't a big deal. The mediocracy of service center was obvious and considering the sales experience I was thoroughly disappointed with 2 things

1) 21 days to delivery 2) Very poor follow ups and commitments from Service Associate.

The Sales Associate in Surat has promised me a better response and I am hopeful for the same but this is an eye opener for people wanting to buy in Mumbai.

I hope others(specially the ones who had to take the car to the workshop) can share their experiences as well.