Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-28.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 4315044)
My cousin was recently in the market for a compact SUV, and in spite of my best effort to convince them otherwise, they still went in for the Creta Diesel for about 2+L more than the XZ+

There are people who think more about accidents, repairs, resale even before buying a car. It is difficult to convince them.

Dont bother. The product is selling on its own merit. Already 10,000 Nexons sold and counting. They dont need any help, looks like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 4315056)
There are people who think more about accidents, repairs, resale even before buying a car. It is difficult to convince them.

So, I had my first Nexon encounter today on NH7. Even though the car looks interesting from behind, it is difficult to think of it as an SUV, even a pseudo one from that angle. However, the front, which is the best view for this car, is a different story; the car does look nice and muscular. It was a grey one, which is my color of choice, if I were to buy one today.

Yes, no need to convince anyone. I asked six or seven of my acquaintances to just check out the recent Tata cars when they are looking for a new car. None of them were considering Tata at all, but after checking them out, four ended up buying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4315107)
Dont bother. The product is selling on its own merit. Already 10,000 Nexons sold and counting. They dont need any help, looks like.

I wouldnt count tata's chickens before they hatch. Along with this and them claiming the third spot, bear in mind that one of this is a production number, and the second is distributor sales, and neither number implies that so many cars have actually been sold to end customers
I would wait and watch to see if they can sustain these numbers

In Bangalore I referred two customers, both my friends, one got delivery and the other is waiting for over a month. Tired of follow ups, he has cancelled now. What does this mean? They just dont have enough cars in hand. On the whatsapp channel there is news about a price hike coming shortly. I dont have inside info but this is ground reality if you were to book the Nexon today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4315164)
I wouldnt count tata's chickens before they hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4315164)
I wouldnt count tata's chickens before they hatch. Along with this and them claiming the third spot, bear in mind that one of this is a production number, and the second is distributor sales, and neither number implies that so many cars have actually been sold to end customers
I would wait and watch to see if they can sustain these numbers

To be honest, I see enough Nexon's on road and in our office parking lot. It is usually a sign that the car is selling enough. Tata Nexon has the ingredients to sell in a decent number. But how many cars will sell per month cannot be determined now. In an another 2 or 3 months we will get a clear picture of where the Tata Nexon sales will settle.

Hi folks, finally I'll be getting mine by next weekend or early week after next week. Apart from the usual accessories and aftermarket additions, I am looking to swap the steering wheel of Hexa to Nexon. I enquired the cost of Hexa top end steering wheel and it costs Rs. 7200. I'll do a quick feasibility check and will update here within a month or 2. Of course the cruise controls will be either left as a showcase item or will see if any hidden feature for cruise is available or atleast will see if that can be used with any universal cruise control. I am little thrilled on attempting this but will proceed only if compatibility is very high. I'll keep you all posted on this.

I drive 40Km every day covering almost half of OMR - chennai's IT highway. This stretch is filled with mostly new cars only. I am yet to encounter a nexon except at the tata showroom. I have a colleague who was among the first bookings, will need to check with him what happened

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_tns (Post 4315249)
I am looking to swap the steering wheel of Hexa to Nexon.

Curious to know the reason for the swap. The size doesnt look to be the reason. Regarding the cruise control - no, that is a feature integrated into the ECU. Wont be able to implement that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4315250)
. I am yet to encounter a nexon except at the tata showroom.

They are hiding from you :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4315250)
I drive 40Km every day covering almost half of OMR - chennai's IT highway. This stretch is filled with mostly new cars only. I am yet to encounter a nexon except at the tata showroom. I have a colleague who was among the first bookings, will need to check with him what happened

I am seeing plenty of Nexons in Pune as well. Three have been delivered in my society where I stay. Also, 90% of the cars I have seen on the roads are XZ+ (dual-coloured roof) models only.

Blue and grey seem to be the most popular colours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4315266)
Curious to know the reason for the swap. The size doesnt look to be the reason. Regarding the cruise control - no, that is a feature integrated into the ECU. Wont be able to implement that.

They are hiding from you :uncontrol

Yes, i left the cruise control part to fortune and my intention is not to implement cruise control using Hexa's steering wheel. To be honest, when I checked on the size difference, it was pretty much same. No major difference. My real intention was to get that factory leather finish. The quality was just awesome. I bet, it is difficult to get that quality and finish through aftermarket source. So I thought of spending a bit extra and get a clean work done. I am yet to check the technical compatibity. I'll update here if the project gets a goahed.

You will easily get that factory finish. At least in Bangalore you will. Warranty wont be honoured as well, so why bother. I'd invest in good carpets, to start with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_tns (Post 4315296)
Yes, i left the cruise control part to fortune

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_tns (Post 4315296)
My real intention was to get that factory leather finish. The quality was just awesome. I bet, it is difficult to get that quality and finish through aftermarket source.

Often the material on the steering wheel is leatherite, and not leather. My first instance of this was when the steering wheel grip on the Sumo wore out. I got a leather cover done outside, and the finish was just too good. Being leather, it needed some maintenance but was happy. I have continued to get the leather grips from the same guy here since then.

One point I will say is that outlets like Stanley seem to use some kind of finish on the leather used for the seats, due to which the seats feel a little smooth / glossy. The leather used on my steering doesnt have the same, but steering should not slip. It has worn out a bit, but not worried.

I would still suggest an after market steering wheel cover than replacing the steering wheel itself. The original steering wheel will go awaste. Rather, about 1200 every 3 years makes more sense to me. You dont need to go to branded places. You will definitely get the same fit & finish, but remember to maintain it - clean it regularly, use leather polish liquid etc

I second that. I've asked someone to get me an original Sparco steering wheel cover from UK. Thats the best I've laid my eyes on, in fact. Will post a pic once I get it. Hope the NEXON steering is 'standard size'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4315343)
I would still suggest an after market steering wheel cover than replacing the steering wheel itself