Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4330904)
Thanks for the info Condor. The 3D mats were 4K, .... The Original rubber mats from Aadya was part of the basic accessories that included flaps and an idol at Rs 2,700 ...

JC Road could be quite daunting if going along, advise one to take a friend along while going there.

Thanks Sebring. There is only 2 reasons I go to JC Road:

1) Pass thru when going to city
2) Devraj for steering cover.

I have learnt to stay away from everything else there :)

Had a chance to drive behind a white Nexon a couple of days back and I must say it's the most sorted rear I have seen in ages. Perfectly rectangular and well proportioned.

Made me feel I should never overtake it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KA18 (Post 4330279)
The sales executive informed that no cars will be manufactured in December as they will not be able to sell them later.

All bull.

Thanks to Parag Agrawal for sharing!

Quote:

This is regarding the post on the Official Nexon thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4330279

As per this post, the dealer mentioned no manufacturing has been undertaken during the month of December. However, I had booked my Nexon in November and was invited for the PDI on 26th. I completed my PDI and the payments and await the registration number for delivery of the vehicle. The important point here is that my VIN number is MAT627162HLP15918 which means that the vehicle was manufactured in December 2017. I also have a snapshot of the dealer/TATA invoice where the invoice date is 14th December, and the car was allotted to Concorde Pune on 15th Dec. Snapshots attached.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20171229_161400.jpg

Nexon folks, I am almost zero ing on nexon. I have couple of queries.

1. Does anyone have official pricelist of Tata motors for accessories. The price varies by a huge margin across dealers. I am planning 1.5 lacs of accessories and there is an approx 10,000 difference. The one ravenavi had posted earlier doesnt have sunroof and body cover price.

2. Is there any manager /dealer head to speak to for Chennai / Tamil nadu.

3. Can we fit a sub woofer in the nexon xz+ trim? I am a fan of sub woofer.

4. Concorde Chennai promises Jan 2018 vin by Jan end. Is this feasible? Whereas TAFE Pallikaranai tells it's impossible before March mid.

5. I am getting a discount of 12% on accessories from dealers as the amount is 1.5 lacs. Is it possible to get more or is 12 % the best possible one?

1. Please find enclosed the price list.

3. Sub can be fitted. Someone was coming from Europe - so got me an Active Sub (Compact, and goes under the seat) as a gift. I'm wondering if wires need to be cut, and what if it doesn't work out as Audio is great as is! Still pondering on it.

5. 12% discount on accessories is good. Usually it's between 5 and 8%, I was told.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4331026)
1. Please find enclosed the price list..

Thank you Sebring -

QQ - would you happen to know the cost of electric sunroof? Concorde Quoted 98000/- while Tafe quoted 90000/- both being original accessory with three year warranty and part number provided on the bill.

No idea there, but RavenAvi did share the Rs. 98,000 figure if my memory serves me right. There is a non-electric solution at 18k, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 4331049)
Thank you Sebring -

QQ - would you happen to know the cost of electric sunroof? Concorde Quoted 98000/- while Tafe quoted 90000/- both being original accessory with three year warranty and part number provided on the bill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 4330650)
This happens with all manufacturers. A friend of mine with connections with Toyota dealer said 2009-10 Fortuners had brake and suspension issues, which they rectified post 2012.

I agree on that, but if something like that happens, there is an official recall by those companies, don't think have heard something like that.

And if there is a significant improvement, Tata should replace those parts.

I am seeing more and more of Nexon on the roads. The color which BHPian Sebring has, looks the best on the Nexon IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4331026)
1. Please find enclosed the price list.

I was looking at the price list and saw that the child seat costs ₹49143. What child seat is that? I never knew they were that expensive.

The XZ manual variant has been spotted testing - by Vignesh Venk at Erode and by my friend Autospy at Pune.

Simultaneous launch of the XZ AMT & XZ MT on the cards?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180101.jpg

I was very happy to see this in the beginning of this review
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4288249)
• Dual airbags, ABS & Isofix child seat mounts are standard on all variants

But when I went to see a Nexon XM and XT in the Tata Motors service centre near my place sometime back, I could not find this feature in any model (by feature I mean the markings indicating points to fix ISOFIX Child Seat as shown in the image attached).

I have a 8 month old son, and would like my next car to have ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts to carry him securely when we go on drives. I just use the lap belt on my Tata Nano for now with a rearward facing Child seat, and feel it to be pretty unsafe.

Can any owners of Nexon XE/XM/XT confirm the availability of this feature in their vehicles? I am interested in Nexon XM.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-160355.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhn (Post 4331320)
I was looking at the price list and saw that the child seat costs ₹49143. What child seat is that? I never knew they were that expensive.

This certainly doesn't look right . Maybe a typo? Usually in India, non ISOFIX child seats are in the ₹4500-8000 range. And the ISOFIX compatible one's start from around ₹12,000.
Unless , of course, the above priced child seat is a fantastic "designer" piece or made by some bespoke design house with exotic materials.

Can someone let me know the IDV of the new Nexon?

We booked XZ+ P, and wanted to buy insurance from outside. Royal Sundaram gave a quote of 23k (Zero Dep) for a IDV of 818900/- while dealer is quoting 35k (no idea about IDV).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinya_jag (Post 4333036)
Can someone let me know the IDV of the new Nexon?

We booked XZ+ P, and wanted to buy insurance from outside. Royal Sundaram gave a quote of 23k (Zero Dep) for a IDV of 818900/- while dealer is quoting 35k (no idea about IDV).

I am going ahead with booking XZ+ Petrol. Got a similar quote from Royal Sundaram for comparison. They gave me a quote of ₹26,083 (Zero Deposit + Consumables + Engine Protect + Windshield cover) against the same IDV, i.e., ₹8,18,900.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4332370)
I could not find this feature in any model (by feature I mean the markings indicating points to fix ISOFIX Child Seat as shown in the image attached).

Attachment 1712419

Ideally, there should be two white tags stitched to the rear seat bottom, indicating the ISOFIX mounting points.

Try pushing the seat back cushion a bit upwards at those points - you should be able to see the mounts.