Team-BHP - Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/198634-ford-freestyle-1-2l-petrol-official-review-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4455889)
I have booked the Ruby Red T+ Petrol and have been given the Waiting Period till Dec second week.

Fingers Crossed.

December second week is more than 3 months away. Ford waiting periods are never supposed to exceed 2 months. Because even if the dealer places his order after receiving your booking, he is guaranteed to get delivery from the factory in 2 months.

Better check again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4456013)
Not trying to confuse you since you have booked the car already.
Diesel is if you want the powerful version of the Freestyle. Not that the petrol is bad, it is any day better than the outgoing 4 cylinder petrol, but is no match for the diesel.

Agreed, the diesel is leagues ahead when it comes to ingear acceleration agree: but the petrol makes up for it in the city by its light clutch, nvh and drivability in bangalore's traffic conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4456013)
P/W ratio will not be the main reason for top speed being the same. The engine capacity and gearing plays a role as well. The TDCi, can go faster in this case. But you are hardly going to drive at those speeds.

If you are primarily going to use it in city, the Dragon 1.2 is perfect and main point, it is a whole new engine compared to the TDCi.

Precisely. And that's what I wanted to test over a longer drive. The electronic city flyover in bangalore is a long stretch of empty road where I tested the top end. I can confirm that the top speed for the petrol is only slightly lower, if lower at all, than the diesel.

Everything said and done, the torque for the diesel with the added benefit of fuel efficiency is unmatched in this segment. If the diesel had a lighter clutch and lower jerkiness, I'd prefer the diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr (Post 4455752)
Cauvery Ford Koramangala. The waiting period quoted varied from 15 days to 2 months depending on thee choice of color. Canyon Ridge and White Gold is immediately available. Black and red have a waiting period of 2 months and rest have waiting periods of 1-1.5 months.

Congrats on your booking. :thumbs up

Are you taking insurance from the dealer or from outside?

My dealer has quoted Rs. 41,345 for B2B Nil depreciation and Key not included.

Recently I visited Cargo Ford, Ahmedabad to see the car in person. The exterior is nicely done but the interior is not upto the mark. Rear seat legroom is very limited when the seat is adjusted for a 6'2" driver. Rear headroom is also very limited for tall passengers.

I was very excited about the car before the visit. I even started to work up the finances without even seeing the car in flesh. But now, I am utterly disappointed. I didnt even ask for test drive. Postponed the plan to buy a car till next year or till the next major breakdown of my Accent, whichever is earlier.

Still, freestyle is highly recommended for average height persons with average height friends/family (Not to offend anyone).

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4456811)

I was told that the insurance is around 24K+9K (Nil dep) for Titanium plus Diesel variant.

Quote:

I was offered a 5k discount on the standard 34k insurance (29.5k insurance + 4.5k for zero dep).

I walked to Cauvery Ford for my booking amount receipt and inquired about the discounts being offered on the Figo S Diesel. They offered 65k cash discount + 20k discounts on accessories with a delivery promise in 5 days for my choice of color (Ruby Red); an offer I couldn't refuse.

I have cancelled my booking for Freestyle and booked the Figo S Diesel in Ruby Red. stupid:

Quote:

I have been quoted around the same ball park as above by the dealer. I have also enquired outside and have been offered insurance (B2B+3rd Party) 10-15k lesser than the dealers quote. I am yet to decide on who to go with.

On a side note, the bank I am trying to avail loan from is ready to approve loan on Ex-Showroom price+The RTO lifetime tax that is paid. However, the dealer has given a proforma invoice with the RTO charges not split up. When I called the dealer my SA said Ford does not give a break up of the RTO component. Its just a lumpsum amount quoted in the proforma.

Has anyone had a response like this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4456004)
Attachment 1796303

PIC COURTESY - Facebook

Looks delicious. But sure it is Ruby Red? In flesh, Ruby Red seems somewhat more maroonish.

Black is complementing the red very well. I wish the roof rails also would have been in black (for higher trims).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Vader (Post 4456974)
When I called the dealer my SA said Ford does not give a break up of the RTO component. Its just a lumpsum amount quoted in the proforma.

Has anyone had a response like this?

BS. What does their price list show? Usually it breaks up the handling charges and the life tax. The quotation should be the same way. Else you demand for it.

You can check the actual RTO charges on sites like carwale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4456018)
December second week is more than 3 months away. Ford waiting periods are never supposed to exceed 2 months. Because even if the dealer places his order after receiving your booking, he is guaranteed to get delivery from the factory in 2 months.

Better check again.

I booked at Cauvery Ford Mangalore, the delay as per them is for the Ruby Red color as it is done based on order. :Frustrati

Did not push as my vacation is planned for December.

I have booked petrol but somewhere inside wished could have gone for Diesel as it has the superior engine. I stay abroad and come down once in six months. So obviously my usage would be very low and we have already have one Hyundai i10 which has run only 30k odd in 6 years. But every vacation my usage will be around 1500 kms as I do various long drives.

Would there be issues if diesel engine is kept idle for long periods and used occasionally like once or twice in a week. All my friends telling to go for Diesel as you don't buy a car everyday :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4457360)

Would there be issues if diesel engine is kept idle for long periods and used occasionally like once or twice in a week. All my friends telling to go for Diesel as you don't buy a car everyday :confused:

For such low running, buying a petrol car makes more sense. Since your running is quite low, it will take much longer to recover the additional cost of the diesel version over the petrol version. Also you might be keeping the vehicle for a much longer time because of your low usage and a petrol car makes more sense in that case because of the uncertainity over the government policies with regards to diesel vehicles permitted life these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr (Post 4456851)

They offered 65k cash discount + 20k discounts on accessories with a delivery promise in 5 days for my choice of color (Ruby Red); an offer I couldn't refuse.

I have cancelled my booking for Freestyle and booked the Figo S Diesel in Ruby Red. stupid:

Amazing, I called around ford dealers in Mumbai for a deal on Figo/Aspire S Diesel and couldn't find any genuine interest from them. Approximately 40-60k discount is being offered on regular figo/aspire diesel based on the variant which the dealers kept insisting on as a great value option instead of Freestyle or Sports edition. All of this was on calls so I'm hoping to get a better response for sports edition from an in-person discussion which I plan to do soon.

Two questions for you
Do you mind sharing the final OTR for Figo S without accessories?
Did you get a TD for Figo S?
Congratulations on that smoking hot Ruby red beauty in advance, personally if I get a good deal, I wouldn't mind any color for the Figo S.

Otherwise, Freestyle Diesel T or T+ is a no-brainer for me although I'm yet to TD the new 1.2 petrol. With all these positive reviews, I'm sure this new petrol mill from Ford is worth the praise

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4458609)
Do you mind sharing the final OTR for Figo S without accessories?

9L on road (Bangalore) for the Figo S Diesel. It'll be lesser for other cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4458609)
Did you get a TD for Figo S?

Nope. But I have driven the Figo S Diesel earlier and loved it to bits.

My better half decided to visit the showroom and declined the Figo S due to the lack of touchscreen and 6 airbags. :Frustrati

As things stand today, the latest booking is for the Freestyle Titanium+ Diesel.

I have consoled myself with the fact that the Figo S Diesel at 9L on road after discounts costs the same on road as the Freestyle Titanium Diesel. And you get a newer and better gearbox, a touchscreen ICE, increased ground clearance and a better looking (subjective) car for the same moolah. With this logic, I really don't see the older gen inventory moving. The pricing of Freestyle is terrific and as noted in the official review, Figo's funeral procession has already begun. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushikduttajsr (Post 4458662)
My better half decided to visit the showroom and declined the Figo S due to the lack of touchscreen and 6 airbags. :Frustrati

As things stand today, the latest booking is for the Freestyle Titanium+ Diesel.

Firstly congratulations on your booking. You have made a well informed decision. Your wife deserves the applause for prioritising 6 airbags.

Quote:

I have consoled myself with the fact that the Figo S Diesel at 9L on road after discounts costs the same on road as the Freestyle Titanium Diesel. And you get a newer and better gearbox, a touchscreen ICE, increased ground clearance and a better looking (subjective) car for the same moolah. With this logic, I really don't see the older gen inventory moving. The pricing of Freestyle is terrific and as noted in the official review, Figo's funeral procession has already begun. lol:

Its a no-brainer for these reasons too. I had TD'd Freestyle petrol and I must say it has got a gem of a heart (Diesel tech is the same, power figures are different though). When I compare the drive with my father's Figo, I can notice huge difference in quality of the ride, quietness of the engine, smoothness etc. I am assuming Figo S will not be too different from regular Figo. That is without even considering the bells and whistles you get in Freestyle. When you add them, you are getting the sweeeeeeeeeeter deal.

Quote:

9L on road (Bangalore) for the Figo S Diesel. It'll be lesser for other cities.

That's steep even after discounts as compared to what one of the fellow BHPian in Delhi was able to manage for a Figo S a couple of months back i.e. approx 7.5 - 8 lakhs OTR IIRC

Quote:

Nope. But I have driven the Figo S Diesel earlier and loved it to bits.

lol:

Not a bad decision at all considering that steep price for Figo S and a suite of safety options that come along with Freestyle including ARP, TC, ESP in addition to the 6 airbags. Touchscreen and camera I can definitely live without in exchange for a better handling car but the additional safety options, improved gearbox and GC tip the scale in favor of Freestyle. Personally, for me, I'll still be on a lookout for good deals on Figo S in coming months as new Figo twins launch. If not, Freestyle comes home in early 2019 hopefully.

BTW, what's the waiting time quoted to you for FS T+ diesel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4459084)
That's steep even after discounts as compared to what one of the fellow BHPian in Delhi was able to manage for a Figo S a couple of months back i.e. approx 7.5 - 8 lakhs OTR IIRC

Given the amount of discount in cash+accessories, I couldn't have asked for more. The problem lies with the fact that Figo S was priced nearly the same as the regular Titanium+. And that was justified given the significant upgrades. Now that freestyle gets the same upgrades at no additional cost, there is no sense in the Figo S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camitesh (Post 4459084)
BTW, what's the waiting time quoted to you for FS T+ diesel?

2 months waiting