Team-BHP - 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/199774-2018-hyundai-creta-facelift-official-review-28.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caadmara (Post 4646720)
I own a 2018 SX(O) manual diesel Creta. Just completed 20K Kms and facing an issue with a sticky 5th gear over last couple of weeks. I had my 20K service completed last week and was told that clutch is in very good condition and they have made some adjustments that should fix my problem but no luck. Yesterday on way back home I was unable to get the car to slot into neutral from the 5th despite the clutch fully depressed and was eventually able to do it after considerable effort. All other gears are butter smooth . Car is used 90% on highways and I take care to avoid riding clutch when in city. I dropped off car this morning at Advaith this morning and they want to open the gearbox to check. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kiran

Hyundai A.S.S tells me that one of the cogs of the 5th gear has snapped! Image 1 where the screw driver is pointed.

While this will be replaced under warranty, I'm very disappointed that this can happen at just 20K kms. I drive very carefully and the car is never abused. No one else but me drives this car at home and i never give it to valet etc. So my big question is how could this have happened? Manufacturing Defect? Did I snap it when i forced the gear into neutral a couple of times when it got stuck? Something else? Please advice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caadmara (Post 4647129)
Hyundai A.S.S tells me that one of the cogs of the 5th gear has snapped! Image 1 where the screw driver is pointed.

While this will be replaced under warranty,

Thats EXCELLENT. Otherwise it would have been a costly affair. I hope they are replacing the transmission as a whole?

On close look, I'm not able to see how its broken though. Seems properly finished and smooth. Seems as if thats how it is designed.

Quote:

I'm very disappointed that this can happen at just 20K kms. I drive very carefully and the car is never abused. No one else but me drives this car at home and i never give it to valet etc. So my big question is how could this have happened? Manufacturing Defect? Did I snap it when i forced the gear into neutral a couple of times when it got stuck? Something else? Please advice!

It can be either. Manufacturing defect = some minute weakness in forging/foreign material stuck in it cannot be ruled out.

At the same time - Lock nuts have been known to break when gear is forced with power to shift position. I had kind of already anticipated this when you mentioned you forced it from 5th. However if this is the case - then the root cause of why the gear was getting stuck is unanswered. This is where I was suspecting depleted lube level. Do not mention to them that you forced the gear out.

Thats why I recommend that they change the whole transmission as a unit, to get rid of this possibly unknown root cause also.

And don't be so disappointed. Its a machine. They break once in a while. Fix it, forget it and enjoy the journey. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgogold (Post 4603537)
I've asked my SA during the first free service. Its a government norm and is present in all the new cars. Team-BHP has a thread about it. Asked him about disabling it, to which he said not possible. The 80km beep is nothing compared to the ruckus I experienced when I crossed 120kmph. I will still ask my FNG.

Any luck on this? Would like to see if there is any solution?

No man! I've talked to my FNG, but it seems he has no clue. Also as it will involve modifying the electrical, he advised me to stay off and let the warranty be. This whole beep thing is an utter nuisance, but we do have to live with it!:Frustrati

This query is regarding my friend's 1 yr old facelifted creta 1.4 diesel E+ in which we have installed accessories like Blaupunkt HU, steering controls, etc.

His car has this problem of blower fan not throwing enough air, intermittently, when on speed 1. After the blower throws very less air when at speed 1, we set the blower fan at 4 speed and after that when we switch it back to 1 speed then the blower is normal again.

The problem arises again after sometime and we have to again repeat the process.

What could be the problem and possible solution for the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast (Post 4657173)
The problem arises again after sometime and we have to again repeat the process.

What could be the problem and possible solution for the same?

There are 2 possibilities -
Considering the car's age I presume its still in warranty. It would be best to visit HASS and insist on getting it replaced under warranty without accepting any lame arguments. If pushed back - use Twitter tagging Hyundai handles.

Is it normal to have some black smoke on hard acceleration?
Previous car I never observed this. My Creta D is now almost nearing 1year. 2 services done.

Bit skeptical as it is a new car.

Quote:

I believe the Verna and the Creta have the same the gear box. Correct me if I am wrong.
Here is a similar issue with a Verna https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...61-km-odo.html.

Creta faces stiff competition from Kia Seltos, volumes drop in Sept-19, as Venue too is responsible for its 'de-growth'.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-capture.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4667727)
Is it normal to have some black smoke on hard acceleration?

Previous car I never observed this. My Creta D is now almost nearing 1year. 2 services done.

Yes, under 'hard' acceleration you will notice black smoke.

As the car is a year old, EGR and Intercooler will need cleaning too which does influence the quantity of black smoke during acceleration.

When was the engine air filter changed? How much has the car run?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4669935)
Yes, under 'hard' acceleration you will notice black smoke.

As the car is a year old, EGR and Intercooler will need cleaning too which does influence the quantity of black smoke during acceleration.

When was the engine air filter changed? How much has the car run?

Air filter changed at 10k service, which was some 5 months back. Now it has run close to 15k.

Planning on buying the SX AT (Petrol) older stock mostly. Could someone tell me how the car performs on the highway? What is the Fuel economy like? We're all tall people in the family and wanted to know if its comfortable for tall people.
Cheers

Planning to buy a manual 1.6 SX petrol. We liked the car handling, refinement and lugging ability after taking a test drive that included a moderately steep climb and not so good roads. There were around 4 average adults in the vehicle during the test drive.

Got some reasonably good discounts planning to press a bit more on the insurance which the dealer has quoted 70k for 1 year plus 3 years third party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 (Post 4694198)
Planning on buying the SX AT (Petrol) older stock mostly. Could someone tell me how the car performs on the highway? What is the Fuel economy like? We're all tall people in the family and wanted to know if its comfortable for tall people.
Cheers

Hi. The car performs decently on highways. Dont expect great fuel economy numbers. Double digits are difficult to attain in city traffic. In city, i usually get 7-8 kmpl from tank full method. On highways, i have got maximum of 11 kmpl. Yes the car is comfortable for 4 people on board.

Hyundai Creta's swaggering response to its competition.

https://youtu.be/AsXh9V0cfs8

Too much to swallow lol: