Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 08:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 Petrol Automatic (AMT) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
This is really sad as I was expecting that manual versions would also get this feature.

From where did you get the updated brochure?
it's up for download on their website, interestingly none of the sales person at showrooms is aware about such changes and their website is also not updated either.
Old 14th September 2021, 16:28   #17
BANNED

In the runup to select a 5 seater, XUV300 was also one of the strong products that baffled me for a while before moving on to 7 seater. My feedback on the test drive of XUV300 Diesel AMT AT given below:

1) Great drivability, Sturdiness and commanding road view. It's true to compact SUV style
2) Best in class torque in its segment
3) Comfort and its ease to maneuver potholes and absorbing jerks
4) 1.5L turbo diesel is a power house with great low end torque (6th gear in auto shift can pull easily at as low as 50KMPH speed). Tap on the pedal, it unleashes gulp of power immediately
5) Build quality can be felt and external look gives more muscular.

Dislikes:
1) Rubber band effect of AMT transmission. Torque converter could have made better feel
2) Jerks during auto gear shifts can be felt in upend gear shift - from 3rd to 4th
3) Small fuel tank of 42L, should have been 50L as given in Creta
4) Luggage space can accommodate 1 large suitcase, 2 cabin size suitcase and few bags good enough only.
5) For the mid variant W6 AMT Diesel, 14L on-road price doesn't give value for money and its expensive for what it offers.
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:06   #18
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV300 TurboSport | Ownership Review

Hi,
That’s a great and to the point review! Many congratulations on getting a new car.

I am 63 and looking for an automatic retirement car which can seat 3 people in the rear seat comfortably.
XUV300 ticks most of my requirements, but for the below points.
1.It’s an AMT.(Driven only manuals for more than 2 decades.Will I feel the jerks too much?)
2.Boot space.
3.No rear AC vents.

I can even live with the first two cons.But no rear ac vents? That seems to be an important miss.Can some one tell me if rear passengers are suffering because of this?(Most of my driving will happen in Chennai).Is this a deal breaker? And can this be retro fitted without voiding the warranty?

My alternate choice is Seltos Imt variant.Wanted to go for the Kushaq.But even the Ambition Classic AT is beyond my budget.Unless they give a discount of at least a lakh I can’t go for it.
TIA.
Sricar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Hi,
That’s a great and to the point review! Many congratulations on getting a new car.

I am 63 and looking for an automatic retirement car which can seat 3 people in the rear seat comfortably.
XUV300 ticks most of my requirements, but for the below points.
1.It’s an AMT.(Driven only manuals for more than 2 decades.Will I feel the jerks too much?)
2.Boot space.
3.No rear AC vents.

I can even live with the first two cons.But no rear ac vents? That seems to be an important miss.Can some one tell me if rear passengers are suffering because of this?(Most of my driving will happen in Chennai).Is this a deal breaker? And can this be retro fitted without voiding the warranty?

My alternate choice is Seltos Imt variant.Wanted to go for the Kushaq.But even the Ambition Classic AT is beyond my budget.Unless they give a discount of at least a lakh I can’t go for it.
TIA.
Since I have a pre-owned 2021 Petrol AMT of XUV300 along with my old horse - Fiat Palio, I can share my pointers to your queries.

1.It’s an AMT.(Driven only manuals for more than 2 decades.Will I feel the jerks too much?) - Yes after driving manual transmission in the past, the jerks will be noticed quite frequently until you get used to the point where you know at which acceleration push, it will change the gear shift. Its only a matter of time when you get used to it. The jerks are more prominent in lower gears 1 to 3, post that its smooth and not noticable at all. Dont stamp on the accelerator pedal too much as the gear shifts happen around 2.5k RPM else you will find it very irritating in the initial gear shifts( this is global for all AMTs). Initially you will feel odd but you will get used to it once your foot gets synced with the power from the A pedal.
2.Boot space. - Boot space in size is less even compared to my Palio but the space management is very nice since the rear is wider than other cars and you an fit your bags convinently. You can remove the Parcel tray if there are hugh size bags. Do note, think how many times the boot will be filled to full capacity in a year and also rear sear offers 60:40 split, you can fold one seat if its not occupied to accomodate more luggage.
3.No rear AC vents. - Have seen many forum people cribbing about this as if its a do or die feature. People forget, this is a hatchback sized 5 seater and not a 7 seater where you would require additional AC. My past 15yr driving never required nor I felt today too. Rear passengers have not complained so far. This car AC cooling is very good and there is no need for additional vents. During hot summer, it might take few mins to cool the cabin but it will. Use Sun shades when travelling out. It will help too.

Last edited by rudrah : 21st February 2023 at 16:51.
rudrah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 15:58   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Since I have a pre-owned 2021 Petrol AMT of XUV300 along with my old horse - Fiat Palio, I can share my pointers to your queries.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Sorry for the late response from my side. Yes, I am aware that the head jerks are a default problem in AMTs. And thanks for clarifying about the rear a/c vents. As I said before it was the only major concern for me. I am yet to visit a showroom to check the XUV 300. Will do it in a few days.

Thanks again.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th February 2023 at 17:10. Reason: Spacing between sentences
Old 25th July 2023, 15:11   #21
BHPian

Guys,

I am pretty much decided on XUV300 AMT but not able to make up my mind between Petrol or Diesel. Leaving all the upfront costs, running and DPF issues aside, just want to know which AMT is better to drive in city traffic with lesser jerks. Vehicle will be mostly used for city driving and would be within the 0-25 kmph range most of its time. Which is better on the fun to drive quotient?. I could not get to drive them back to back and hence unable to make up my mind. Anyone drove both AMTs extensively and can help me make a decision?. Thanks.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:38   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

I am pretty much decided on XUV300 AMT but not able to make up my mind between Petrol or Diesel. Leaving all the upfront costs, running and DPF issues aside, just want to know which AMT is better to drive in city traffic with lesser jerks. Vehicle will be mostly used for city driving and would be within the 0-25 kmph range most of its time. Which is better on the fun to drive quotient?. I could not get to drive them back to back and hence unable to make up my mind. Anyone drove both AMTs extensively and can help me make a decision?. Thanks.
For the Drivability aspect, the 1.2TGDI petrol engine is the best among XUV3OO engine options. My extended family has XUV3OO with TGDi engine, which i have used quite a lot and thoroughly enjoyed. I own Ecosports/Honda city for the reference and my experience with XUV3OO is better in terms of drivability and power delivery.
Old 4th December 2023, 23:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys,

Keep it simple, if your monthy running would be more than 2k kms on an average then go for Diesel else Petrol would justify your less running cost.

Without doing a test drive back to back, you won't be able to judge the car. Don't go on others opinions to buy or not because its you who would pay for the car and drive So list down your requirements and decide which one suits you best based on the test drive. Test drive should be taken on both city and highway routes with mix of bad roads too. If choosing AMT, then see if you get change to drive to any hill section or inclined roads.

Hope this helps and do let us know what you decided. Cheers~
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks