Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2024, 20:12   #631

Re: 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review

Any suggestions on the recent battery burst fires under the driver seat in the XL 6?
Old 24th March 2024, 20:59   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtjm View Post
Any suggestions on the recent battery burst fires under the driver seat in the XL 6?
Never came across a single case till date about the lithium battery bursting in the XL6. What's your source about this?
jalex77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 23:20   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtjm View Post
Do you mean any incident happened recently, can you share details and link

Last edited by India2022 : 24th March 2024 at 23:20. Reason: Edit
Old 25th March 2024, 16:08   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
A) Observed that while car gets locked itself when we start but reverse is not true. Is it the case for all or just mine. looking at positive side, this means no one can unlock from outside as soon as one stops.
These settings can be customised through MID, though there are limited options available.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-20240325_151434.jpg  

vnm008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 18:51   #635
MaG
BHPian

Hello everybody! I’m planning to buy a XL6 ZETA CNG. Took a testdrive today and was happy with the overall showroom experience of NEXA, their rep, the willingness to have a testdrive etc. I must say the suspension & the ride quality has improved.

Background: I’m selling my 2017 Ertiga CNG which is already 1.45 lakhs on the odo. Just unhappy with the suspension and the body roll of this car now and my family has been complaining about this for a pretty long time. Plus the kind of resale value that’s being offered has tempted me to seriously consider selling it and getting the XL6.

I would like to know on what kind of mileage is the CNG returning on daily commute and what kind of accessories can be done to the car(seat covers, reverse camera etc). What is the onroad price in Pune if anybody has bought it recently. My dealer has quoted 14.51 lakhs(including the accessories package etc).
Old 1st April 2024, 19:11   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Background: I’m selling my 2017 Ertiga CNG which is already 1.45 lakhs on the odo. Just unhappy with the suspension and the body roll of this car now and my family has been complaining about this for a pretty long time. Plus the kind of resale value that’s being offered has tempted me to seriously consider selling it and getting the XL6.
While your decision is already made - why not spend generously on getting a good suspension overhaul done? Replace the struts/shock-absorbers, check the shafts/arms, replace bushes - the full bounty en-masse.

Even with everything replaced, you won't spend over maybe 50-60K. Get some upgrades to head unit / speakers etc done. If the car has no issues at all - why not continue using it? A well done suspension work on a car, literally makes a world of difference to the ride and handling. New cars today, are exorbitantly costly vis-a-vis what they really offer as an upgrade over the current cars we have. Especially given you are going to go for just an upgraded Ertiga again, not a full segment up etc. The beauty of cars like Marutis etc is especially this - you can safely keep on repairing/refurbishing them and using for a long time - with 0 risk of part shortage issues etc. Why not use it? Remember - with the new car you are going to also pay significantly higher for insurance premium in the coming years and other similar expenses towards warranty / binding with ASC etc.

I know the answer is "new car itch" - and it really trumps it all . Just couldn't hold myself back. If you weren't going for another Ertiga again, I'd have just kept quiet.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st April 2024 at 19:13.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 19:27   #637
MaG
BHPian

Spot on! This itch is since the car hit 1 lakh on the odo but somehow held myself back. Now that I’ve taken a test drive and have my wife’s approval, there shouldn’t be any holding back

A CNG user since 2014(WagonR and then Ertiga), I’m so used to this low running cost that I don’t want to get away. My everyday city drive use of 70-100kms and sedate long drives over the weekend, no brand unfortunately offers any other option than Ertiga or the XL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I know the answer is "new car itch" - and it really trumps it all . Just couldn't hold myself back. If you weren't going for another Ertiga again, I'd have just kept quiet.
MaG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 20:37   #638
BHPian

Quote:
A CNG user since 2014(WagonR and then Ertiga), I’m so used to this low running cost that I don’t want to get away. My everyday city drive use of 70-100kms and sedate long drives over the weekend, no brand unfortunately offers any other option than Ertiga or the XL6
With 70-100 km of driving every day, have you considered buying an electric vehicle? I believe you would end up saving more with an electric vehicle than with a CNG car.
It's Magic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 22:52   #639
MaG
BHPian

Certainly, the EV will be the most pocket friendly, but I already own a Tata Harrier and I don’t want to have 2 Tata vehicles. Besides the range anxiety of the EV, tata motors still has a long way to go in terms of overall finesse and general finish of vehicles. Mechanically, I found harrier to be nice vehicle but not a fan of their paint job, rusty bolts etc. So, I want to have a 6 seater replacing my 6/7 seater as family loves this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
With 70-100 km of driving every day, have you considered buying an electric vehicle? I believe you would end up saving more with an electric vehicle than with a CNG car.
MaG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:38   #640
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hello everybody! I’m planning to buy a XL6 ZETA CNG. Took a testdrive today and was happy with the overall showroom experience of NEXA, their rep, the willingness to have a testdrive etc. I must say the suspension & the ride quality has improved.
Why you wish to go for CNG. I get below on YEW for atleast 150 kms consistently. Mine is Zeta AT . She did touched 24.6 for some time before setting in on 24.4.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-img20240317wa0010.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:58   #641
MaG
BHPian

This is some serious mileage you’re able to churn out. Never even heard of such a number from so many reviews on youtube. But how many people would be able to get this mileage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Why you wish to go for CNG. I get below on YEW for atleast 150 kms consistently. Mine is Zeta AT . She did touched 24.6 for some time before setting in on 24.4.

Attachment 2589242
Old 2nd April 2024, 17:12   #642
BHPian

Quote:
This is some serious mileage you’re able to churn out. Never even heard of such a number from so many reviews on Youtube. But how many people would be able to get this mileage?
I have realistically seen 22-23 kmpl on the busy NH-48 keeping the cruise control intermittently around 80-90 kmph.

2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review-xl6-photo.jpg
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:34   #643
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
This is some serious mileage you’re able to churn out. Never even heard of such a number from so many reviews on Youtube. But how many people would be able to get this mileage?
It all depends on how much patience one have to feather the A pedal. One peculiar thing I noticed in city is that my mileage is 8-9 kmpl if I am driving for less than 5 kms but jumps to 13-15 once I cross 5 km range.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 2nd April 2024 at 18:36.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks