Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 11:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Consider me spoiled due to earlier Team-BHP reviews but reading this review for a much awaited car of this year left me wanting for more. TBHP reviews are gold standard due to the unbiased nature (thanks to no auto advertising dollars) and lots of attention to details. This review is more like Scorpio-N Diesel AT driven types and not a full fledged TBHP review which we expect. May be, review team could not get enough time to spend with the car and couldn't get hands on the other variants. Thanks a lot for the effort nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Another amazing review on TeamBHP thanks to Sheel and Omkar.

I've been in love with the Scorpio-N for a long time and this review only made me want one even more, Z6 Diesel AT 4x4 in Deep Forrest would be my personal choice as the only thing I'd miss over the Z8L would be the Sony speaker system which I can upgrade myself.
Mate, you will have to go for Z8 AT as Z6 AT is not offered in 4x4.

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 30th June 2022 at 11:40.
TSIched'Out is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Thank you for the amazing review,

If only Mahindra had given atleast 50:50 seat split in the third row it would have been a very practical feature. with hardly any luggage space it seems like a big miss. Would mostly be used as a 5 seater I suppose.
JShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Another amazing review on TeamBHP thanks to Sheel and Omkar.

I've been in love with the Scorpio-N for a long time and this review only made me want one even more, Z6 Diesel AT 4x4 in Deep Forrest would be my personal choice as the only thing I'd miss over the Z8L would be the Sony speaker system which I can upgrade myself.
Sorry to dampen your excitement, but no 4x4 option available on Z6. Call it Mahindra's way to force the Z8 who wants the 4x4 capability.

Last edited by iTNerd : 30th June 2022 at 11:45.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukhamritR View Post
Am looking for a 6 seater and with the information out so far, it is not available in 4WD at all. (Please correct me if anyone has a different update) That’s a bummer for me and I hope things get sorted out in due course.
You are correct, ScorpioN Z8L 4WD MT is not available in 6 seater config. See image taken from the official brochure.

Name:  scorpio.png
Views: 5017
Size:  21.1 KB
comfortablynumb is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Consider me spoiled due to earlier Team-BHP reviews but reading this review for a much awaited car of this year left me wanting for more.

This review is more like Scorpio-N Diesel AT driven types and not a full fledged TBHP review which we expect. May be, review team could not get enough time to spend with the car and couldn't get hands on the other variants. Thanks a lot for the effort nevertheless.
Couldn't agree more. We are spoilt by usual Tbhp review detail which includes pros, cons, comparison with competition. ScorpioN being a sensational product, I was expecting passenger ride comfort, handling (including body roll), stability comparison not only with Scorpio classic, but also with its FWD competitors in price bracket like Safari, XUV700 etc.

Nevertheless, excellent effort.
Arinmech is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:51   #21
BHPian

First of all, kudos for such quick review !!

It must be really difficult to get hold of review vehicles at this juncture. Youtube is flooded with reviewers already.
With ScorpioN launch many new must have cropped.

Having said that, I wish for a bit more detailed review in near future, including petrol drivetrain and a bit more on vehicle capabilities.
Indepth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:52   #22
BHPian

Is there a future plan to offer the Petrol engine with the AT & 4WD options?
Old 30th June 2022, 11:55   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Nice review but just a suggestion.

Can we add pros and cons at the start like we have for other reviews?
This is not the official review. That will come later. This was compiled during the launch event.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:58   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Any squeaks/rattles??

Sorely missing the second-row ride comfort feedback, guess we will need to figure out the same on our own
1. Our test car didn't rattle. Although I got a chance to sit in another test car briefly and there were some squeaks. Also the power steering motor was making noise in that car.

2. Second row ride is definitely better than the previous generation Scorpio. Feels more planted on the highways with limited vertical movement.

Mahindra engineers told us that they were benchmarking the Endeavour while testing the handling of the Scorpio-N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post

Is there a 12V power socket at the front to connect the dash cam? If not, does using the hardwire breach the warranty clause?
There's no 12V power socket at the front. Hardwiring shouldn't affect the warranty (do check with the dealership for accessories just to be safe).

There's a 12V socket in the third row.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-dsc00759.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
I want to ask if you were able to check on the mileage front even with the very less time you got to spend with the car.
Nope, we didn't check the FE during the test drive. Mainly because the driving pattern and conditions are very different from day to day driving which is why the FE number wouldn't be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Some questions:
- How many turns is the steering lock to lock? Can't recall the exact number but 3 point turns aren't as cumbersome given the lighter steering.
- Does the steering auto center? Yes
- How much is nose dive in high speed braking?
The platform and suspension is much more sorted. So there is some pitching when braking from high speeds, but it's not excessive. Also the car comes to a halt without swerving or any other kind of drama
- Is there a sport mode in auto-gearbox?
It's called the ZAP mode
- Is there an auto AWD mode? As in ability for car to engage all 4 wheels even at higher speeds depending on traction. And then dedicated 4x4 modes could be different for slow speed.
Nope. This is a 4WD system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
What's the material of the underbody protection? Aluminum or fibre?
It's hard plastic fibre material. Decent enough for on-road driving. Won't be of much use off-road.
Omkar is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 12:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Also, with the third-row seats bolted to the floor, you cannot just take them out.
Can you please elaborate more on this. Isn't this the case with every third row car. Yet one is able to remove it. My use case is a 5 seater with a plan to remove these seats on day 1.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:07   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Consider me spoiled due to earlier Team-BHP reviews but reading this review for a much awaited car of this year left me wanting for more.
The Team drove the car the day before, had limited time with the SUV (morning to late afternoon) and have published it today . We will add additional points & observations to this review once we drive the car in Bombay for 3 - 4 days.

As of now, treat this review as "first impressions".

Am going to tell team to fill in details on 2nd row comfort.
GTO is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 12:07   #27
BHPian

Saw car in flesh. Good looking and very modern style.

Mahindra and nicely incorporated DNA of Scorpio classic in new but they Have also incorporated DNA of Thar in it. Let me explain.

Why Mahindra foot-well of the this car narrow like a Thar? I'm five feet eleven inches, I find this very weird. May be my opinion on this is biased as I'm accustom to Storme. Also I find drivers position bit claustrophobic compared to Storme.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a fine product from Mahindra but like all Mahindra products it needs the bug fix cycle and pilot customers who will be part of it, hence its best to wait for a year or two before jumping the gun on buying this.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 12:09   #29
BHPian

Thanks Omkar for answering. Very helpful.

I wonder what is the product positioning of Scorpio then w.r.t. XUV700? There are far to many things that overlap. Space and 7 seats, mid row is also pretty much same, engine, auto gearbox, 4wd only when engaged, which is a bit disappointing since I'd love to have that safety net while climbing a wet mountain road but now I'd only have RWD and not AWD unless engaged which I'm guessing will be till a limited speed, just like Subaru XMode, No?

So the real difference is - more abuse friendly (Scorpio N) vs slightly more urban focused (XUV 700). Is that it with positioning or you see more?

Thanks!
Old 30th June 2022, 12:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The official review of the ScorpioN is up!!!

Everything falls in line as expected (including the plastic quality and ride/handling..was not really expecting any magic there)

Can't wait to have a physcial look at the SUV and TD it when it is available in my city. My SA said the vehicle will be available in the showroom on 2nd July, while TDs will take time. A couple of misses I felt when reading the review was the roof rails and the shallow storage under the front armrest. The old Scorpio too had a kinda flimsy roofrails. A strong tug and the plastic covering will shuffle or come off. One of the recent roofrails that I liked feel-wise (the SA said it was not load bearing) was the Kushaq. Strong metal roofrails. Also for all the inspiration that Mahindra took from Landcruiser for the dashboard design, they could have made the armrest storage deep and a cooled one at that. Can't believe that the rear A/C vents would take away that much space, though guess it would be always cooled thanks to the rear A/C tunnel.

One thing for sure. This will be a roaring success and with time there would be higher variant for sure. Some Z9L or Z10L
DicKy is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks