Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2024, 20:39   #46
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross AT Review

I've been following the C3 Aircross story for some time now, and I think I would've bought it if it had secured a safety rating of at least 4. While it might not be to most people's liking, there are some who would appreciate a turbo petrol + TC over NA + CVT/manual. For someone with 2-4K of highway usage per month (like me), a turbo petrol + TC makes more sense. That added torque is something I can't live without.

I haven't driven the Aircross, but if C3 Turbo is anything to go by, I was mighty impressed by its suspension and power delivery. The bite point of the clutch was a bit problematic in the test drive car, and it felt a little harder than one would expect from a petrol car, which put me off the purchase about 6-8 months ago. I can live with subpar interiors and lack of features given the practicality it offers.

I booked a Slavia 1.0 Ambition AT earlier this month and will be taking delivery in a day or two - but would probably still feel a tug whenever I think of (or see, which is a rarity) the Aircross AT. It probably will go away with the company shutting shop in India, which seems most likely the way they're going.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 22:41   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki@Hyderabad View Post
I've been following the C3 Aircross story for some time now, and I think I would've bought it if it had secured a safety rating of at least 4.
I too have been following it for sometime and found it ticking most of my requirements(Good ride and drivability, powerful engine, big boot convertible to +2 seats for small ride, compact enough to fit my small parking , within 16lac budget)
Just waiting for discount to pour in like it happened for manual
sapan.turkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 08:23   #48
BHPian

The pricing honestly seems fine, asidee from the lack of features. I wonder what citreon and the stellantis group want to be seen as. Are they just going to turn into the next Renault? When they first appeared in India I thought they were going to compete with the likes of VW and Skoda.
UNSC117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 10:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSC117 View Post
I wonder what citreon and the stellantis group want to be seen as. Are they just going to turn into the next Renault?
More in the likes of Datsun
Old 1st February 2024, 11:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
More in the likes of Datsun

Wonder why citreon seems to want to follow in the footsteps of what has already failed in the country. Like they say, history always repeats itself)
Old 1st February 2024, 11:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Too little too late. The interiors are a generation old, no features, no 6 airbags. Why would anyone purchase this against a Seltos/Creta?
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:22   #52
BHPian

While competitors are trying to shame Citroen in every possible way, the company is slowly and silently upgrading itself. The AT was just released, and now 6 airbags (along with ISOFIX seat anchorage and rear seat belt reminders) are standard across all variants.

What else is pending? I think ACC, cruise control, and ADAS are the main features that are yet to be announced

Last edited by antonylejos : 2nd February 2024 at 10:25. Reason: grammer correction
antonylejos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:41   #53
BHPian

Some major updates planned on the safety front, not sure how it effects the price.
However these most likely will show up in the second half of the year accompanied with a price hike or no-more discounts policy.

Name:  citroen.PNG
Views: 980
Size:  576.6 KB
Gaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 11:18   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonylejos View Post
While competitors are trying to shame Citroen in every possible way, the company is slowly and silently upgrading itself. The AT was just released, and now 6 airbags (along with ISOFIX seat anchorage and rear seat belt reminders) are standard across all variants.

What else is pending? I think ACC, cruise control, and ADAS are the main features that are yet to be announced
Nothing new , Hyundai also offered 6 airbags standard for a while now.

If you compare C3 with a Grand i10, it's easy to understand why no one gives this one a second look.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 11:19   #55
BHPian

Its an excellent news, this is what C3 Aircross needs to make it a formidable competitor-
  • 5 star BNCAP rating
  • Useful features : Auto Climate Control, Cruise Control
  • Popular features : Sunroof
Its can become a great value proposition and will be hard to ignore if it gets these upgrades. Proportional increase in price may also be accepted, but considering Citroen's market position, it'd be good to continue with existing prices for sometime till the products catch up with good sales.

Also, quickly launch that AT in C3 !
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 17:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2567264

So in case of Elevate or GV you spend 50~60K more and get:
According to what I know, the ex-showroom price of the Honda V CVT is 16 Lakhs. This means that there is a price difference of over 2 Lakhs for the 7-seater version and over 2.5 Lakhs for the 5-seater version. For buyers, that's a huge plus in favor of Citroen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Some major updates planned on the safety front, not sure how it effects the price.
However these most likely will show up in the second half of the year accompanied with a price hike or no-more discounts policy.

Attachment 2567928
Great move by Citroen; I'm really looking forward to the launch. This is a step in the right direction, especially when combined with the already fantastic dynamics of the car.
theturbogirl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 01:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbogirl View Post
According to what I know, the ex-showroom price of the Honda V CVT is 16 Lakhs.
Good to see they sell it cheap in my city. Elevate is 50-60k pricier.
Citroen C3 Aircross AT Review-screenshot_20240203013607.png

I compared both as 5 seaters only. Just because C3 aircross can cramp 2 more seats in the back doesn't make it a proper 7 seater. But on paper you can say that it's a 7 seater.

Considering Honda safety standards, bigger engine and smooth cvt gearbox along justifies the higher cost. Both are pretty much in different league.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 10:43   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Marketing strategy for Citron in India is a case study. They know how to not sell. This news will just discourage who were ready to buy automatic for next 6 month again till the 6 airbag comes. The advantage of bringing automatic and converting in increased sales is now lost as most will postpone the buying till this update comes.
Old 4th February 2024, 11:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Good to see they sell it cheap in my city. Elevate is 50-60k pricier.
Attachment 2568245

Considering Honda safety standards, bigger engine and smooth cvt gearbox along justifies the higher cost. Both are pretty much in different league.
I stand corrected, yes the ex-showroom is what you say. However, I would not put the C3 Aircross in the same category as V for the simple reason that wheel size is different, leading to different suspension, camber, toe, handling, etc, and therefore essentially a different car. The correct comparison should be VX CVT. Yes, one can argue that even for the price of VX CVT, one gets more features and I do not deny it. But I also acknowledge that VX CVT is about a lakh pricier. I also want to emphasize that how comparing feature to feature for a car ought to be avoided. That way even Exter is a league ahead of base models of Elevate/Kushaq/Creta, which is at the face of it unreasonable comparison.

As far as Engine is concerned, days with "bigger means powerful are over". And in fact if something puts these cars in two different league, it is torque of 205NM of Aircross comparison to 145 NM of Elevate. In my judgment, TCs are no way inferior to CVT qua performance, particularly when Citroen has been pretty successful in overcoming the sluggishness of turbo engines at lower speed.

Overall, it is in the eye of beholder which is more value for money.Elevate surprised everyone with its pricing, C3 Aircross is even less than Elevate. Both cars in their corresponding variants are good competitors. Having said that, Citroen needs to walk extra mile to cope with already established Honda.
theturbogirl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 12:46   #60
BHPian

lovely observations.
I am soon going to be looking for a car with higher seating than our Honda City (which is otherwise doing splendidly); and with the occasional 6th person, was considering Ertiga and rivals.
Aircross 5+2 seems to be in the shortlist as of now.

Had done a test drive of the C3 and it was excellent on typical inner roads in a small tier2/3 city; expecting Aircross to be similar and thus make every passenger happy.

What we all (myself for sure) would like in the Aircross (AT and MT) are
Automatic Climate Control
Foldable key
Slightly better mileage! Yes... on the comparison chart, this would lose, as it would give about 8 kmpl less than an Ertiga

Fortunate to have a dealership here
gibikote is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks