Team-BHP - BMW 525d : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   BMW 525d : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/82610-bmw-525d-test-drive-review-7.html)

yup, without doubt the 530D would be 1 hell of a car. hoping for a similar review from GTO soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamerBoy (Post 1923308)
...Regarding Regenerative Braking: on the F10, read it as INTELLIGENT ALTERNATOR CONTROL. The Alternator is charging the battery only at ideal engine loads. That's all the F10 will have. It is not the gadgets & whistles that the F01 cars had....

Exactly! Well said.

This is just a smart move on behalf of the marketing team, cashing in on the F1 terminology, more than the technology ;)

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 1928185)
Hats off to BMW considering the car is much bigger then the A4 and still weighs only 30 Kgs more

Hey, the A4 3.0 TDI has AWD mechanicals that add atleast 120 - 150 kilos. The FWD A4s weigh between 1450 - 1495 kg (albeit with smaller engines too).

Considering that both the F10 and W212 is in the market,i think Audi will be offering some nice discounts for the A6?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1929195)
Considering that both the F10 and W212 is in the market,i think Audi will be offering some nice discounts for the A6?

They already are offering HEAVY discounts on the A6 variants dude. Not only because of the launch of f10 and w212 but also as the a6 is in the phase out part of its era and the new A6 is due sometime late next year presumably...

The specs are definitely over the top but it just looks like a BMW but the e60 had character that defined the 5 series!

As an all round package and especially for the chauffeur driven the Merc E250 makes sense the maximum.

BMW should change their tagline form "SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE" TO "MEDIOCRE BOTTOM PLEASURE":D

For the F10 525d which retails at about 40Lakhs, I would split the 40lakh as follows:

For around 20lakh you could buy a Superb/Accord/Camry/Teana for traveling in town or the highways with a chauffeur. For the balance cash you could buy a used E60 530d or 520d and use it when you are in the mood for some twistie action.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroguzzler (Post 1929659)
As an all round package and especially for the chauffeur driven the Merc E250 makes sense the maximum.

BMW should change their tagline form "SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE" TO "MEDIOCRE BOTTOM PLEASURE":D

For the F10 525d which retails at about 40Lakhs, I would split the 40lakh as follows:

For around 20lakh you could buy a Superb/Accord/Camry/Teana for traveling in town or the highways with a chauffeur. For the balance cash you could buy a used E60 530d or 520d and use it when you are in the mood for some twistie action.

lol: Very well put ! Although Medicore is a harsh would, I'd term it as Great/Good driving pleasure but certainly not Sheer anymore.

You also put it very right in the last part. To come to think of it, f I didn't own a Superb, I would be tempted to ditch my E60 for the F10. But the Superb+E60 leaves me with a great combo. In the traffic with chauffeur I always take the Superb (only car which I sit at the back in, or else always up front) and when I am self driving especially at night it's the 525d without a doubt. In fact, just yesterday my father was telling me how it's such a no-brainer for him when he is self driving to pick the E60 hands down over any of our other cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1929912)
lol: Very well put ! Although Medicore is a harsh would, I'd term it as Great/Good driving pleasure but certainly not Sheer anymore.

You also put it very right in the last part. To come to think of it, f I didn't own a Superb, I would be tempted to ditch my E60 for the F10. But the Superb+E60 leaves me with a great combo. In the traffic with chauffeur I always take the Superb (only car which I sit at the back in, or else always up front) and when I am self driving especially at night it's the 525d without a doubt. In fact, just yesterday my father was telling me how it's such a no-brainer for him when he is self driving to pick the E60 hands down over any of our other cars.

Question 1 - Just how many cars do you have man ??!:D i already know 3 - 525d, 520d & the superb !
With 4 cars , we are having serious issues with parking space ! will be selling 1 in near future. wonder how you manage...unless of course you have your own bungalow or something.

Q2 - Which superb ? TSi ? or 3.6 ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 1930187)
Question 1 - Just how many cars do you have man ??!:D i already know 3 - 525d, 520d & the superb !
With 4 cars , we are having serious issues with parking space ! will be selling 1 in near future. wonder how you manage...unless of course you have your own bungalow or something.

Q2 - Which superb ? TSi ? or 3.6 ???

:OT We have a handful :) But half of them are in Pune so no parking issue as such. 4 are in Mumbai- 525d,Superb 1.8TSi, Fortuner & Altis.

Just found out that the van like thing they launched (GT?) has Hydraulic power steering !!!!!please:

<<Has Bangle been transfered to 'suspension and tires' department>>

@GTO: No video of the test drive this time? :(

The Diesel variants of the F10 will have two batteries for 24V supply to support the electronic power steering. Mainly because these vehicles will have rear wheel steering as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goingout (Post 1931181)
@GTO: No video of the test drive this time? :(

Sorry, no video this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 (Post 1931560)
The Diesel variants of the F10 will have two batteries for 24V supply to support the electronic power steering. Mainly because these vehicles will have rear wheel steering as well.

Hey, I believe only the 535i CBU has rear wheel steering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 1929443)
Not only because of the launch of f10 and w212 but also as the a6 is in the phase out part of its era and the new A6 is due sometime late next year presumably...

True. The A6 feels very outdated now (relative to the fresh E & 5). Plus, the model has never moved off showroom floors anyways (Audi's sales mainly consist of the Q7 & A4). Discounts are taken for granted, atleast until the next-gen A6 makes it to our shores.

535i doesn't have rear wheel steering, even as an option.