Team-BHP - Self-driven Car Rentals - Push Tours and Travels (Goa)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Self-driven Car Rentals - Push Tours and Travels (Goa) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/148507-self-driven-car-rentals-push-tours-travels-goa.html)

I took a rental car from Push tours and travels in Goa. I used a legal self drive black and yellow board Santro for 5 days. I am giving my feedback below - My overall feedback is "satisfactory".

This review is compiled with inputs from Goan BHPian Richie4u.

Where: Push tours and Travels - Madgaon (will deliver car to most tourist locations)

Pricing at a glance: (price per day) (this is as of March 1st 2014 - please add couple of 100s as time progresses)
  1. Private (white board) Nano/Santro/Alto/Wagon R - 800 per day
  2. Legal Black and Yellow Self Drive board: Santro/Alto/Wagon R - 1000/-
  3. Diesel Ritz/Beat/Vista - 1200
  4. Swift - 1300/-
  5. Dzire - 1500/-
  6. Scorpio/Tavera/Xylo/Thar - 1800/-
  7. Innova - 2000/-
  8. XUV 5OO -2500/-
  9. Mercedes C200 - 15,000/-
  10. BMW - 20,000/-
I am not sure if the Swift/Dzire/Innova/Merc/BMW are diesel or petrol

Terms:What I liked:What I Disliked:The Lie:
On tuesday, 25th Feb 2014, There was a strike/Dharna by the cabbies against OLA Cabs operating in Goa. A person from Push tours called me on Monday evening and told NOT to use the vehicle for the whole day on Tuesday as there is a Risk of damage. I was idling at the resort. At 5:30 pm on 25th Feb when i called Pushkal (owner), I was told, I could use the vehicle in the morning itself , but with care:Frustrati. I called to ask if i need to pay for Tuesday, as he/his team told NOT to use the car. I was told, i am the first person complaining about this. He denied anyone calling and intimating me NOT to use the car. As a tourist in Goa, i would obviously go out IF i had not received the call. I felt bad at this and adding fuel to the fire, he charged me for that day too. It is to be noted that many other self driven operators too kept their cars off the road.

General advantages of a Self-Drive Rental CarGeneral Demerits of a Self-Drive Rental CarOther Good to know points on Self Drive Cars in Goa:If you need more info - please PM me and i will provide any information

House No.E-20, St Joaquim Road, Beside Raj Medical Store, Near Madras Auto Showroom, Borda, Margao, Goa, 403602, St Joaquim Rd, Moti Dongor Slums, Margao, GA 403601

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!

I have rented a self drive car (Innova class) from Push travels in Goa mid-Nov'15 by Myles. The incompetencies and non-professionalism of Myles are described in their own review thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3849182 However since my interaction was with this partner, I think I'll post a quick word about them here.

Quote:

CALL CARS BIKES N BUS RENTALS.
Pushkal ferns, D kurtarkar vision ,
Near Allahabad Bank, Near Norbert fittness,
St Joaquim Rd. Borda, Margao GOA.
Call 0832 2710262, 2725331, 2713578,
(O) 09960349413.
(O) 09960150235.
Jovito 09921271004.
Dessai 09850232957
pushtours@gmail.com
push_tours@rediffmail.com
http://www.carrentgoa.com
I don't know who was at fault but they denied knowledge of any prior booking intimation from Myles (later they said it came just sometime ago) when I called them at designated pick-up time. They finally sent a private Innova (whiteboard, so we were taught the owner's name to tell as a friend if questioned by cops) 2 hours late, and the car quality was pathetic. It already had 1.63L Km on ODO, every door shakes, defect lights (T-BELT) on dash was on, with every crank it shakes violently. They also charged us 500/- for dropping it to Cavelossim (however kms/fuel will start from travels office, that's understandable). There's no way anyone should pay 3000/- daily (this rate was for Myles) for that junk, but rejecting it would have compromised our agenda (already 2 hrs late) so we accepted it. With no confidence on the brakes or overall health of the car we tried to change the same next day, and they advised to visit their office which we did after lunch. They brought in another private Innova which we rejected because it was not possible to use seat-belts in the 2nd row (they looked at us like we're aliens) because of poorly planned seatcovers. After a LOT of negotiations, they agreed to part with a XUV5OO by cancelling some booking it had already later in the day. Even with 42K on ODO, the machine was in a sorry state and my guess is it's never been serviced. The remote locking buttons in the key fob was intentionally damaged, as well the 12v power outlet. However the car didn't give any trouble for next a few days and they picked it up in due time after asking for more money for fuel and imaginary scratches which I refused to pay.

Terms:

Already covered above; however even if Myles promises unlimited mileage they still enforce 150 kms per day rule.

Like:

Not too many things, but they were always nice and polite, and at least came to pick the car on time. The first car was exchanged to an upgrade (Innova -> XUV) at no extra charge (but had to negotiate hard).

Dislike:

Sent an absolute piece of junk (2006? car's been re-registered) with 1.63L KM, and full of defects. Had to return next day by visiting their office and pursued them hard to give a replacement (because of non-availability of a good quality Innova, they were forced to give a XUV). Lost a few hours in the detour.

They deliver the car running on fumes, so first thing you search on a holiday is nearest bunk. I filled the Innova with more than a day's fuel, and in the exchange process lost that. They verbally said I can return the XUV with 1 point less fuel to adjust it, but during the pickup demanded 150/- as fuel charge which I had to firmly deny (whoever promised so wasn't present in office).

They try to point to existing scratches (which I was aware of, thanks to another thread here) so I took photos of all sides of the car in phone, and when I said that they didn't pursue. However even though they stress on the outside scratches, there are too many defects inside which they ignore.

Overall:

If you can ensure the car's health (for which you better visit their office and pick up), they may be worth trying.