Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 15:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)

Work handled:
  • Authorized distributors & stockists of multiple AC brands such as Subros, Behr, Denso & Delphi.
  • Servicing and repair of car air-conditioning systems & installation of new AC in non-AC vehicles.

What I like:
  • Good, clean work, without cutting corners.
  • Technicians (as also the owner himself) are trained at Subros, and the workshop-cum-distributorship comes with excellent recommendations from a very senior Subros executive.
  • Located in the heart of the city, with no difficulties regarding parking space.
  • Plenty of floor space to park & work on multiple cars.
  • Friendly attitude
  • Very efficient, with quick turnaround time.

What I don't like:
  • Nothing to dislike really.

Pricing:
  • Standard pricing. Government taxes are payable additionally, but you get a 'pucca' receipt and guarantee of work.

Speciality / USP:
  • Servicing & repair of HVAC & ACC of all cars, Indian or imported.

What I have used his services for:
  • Replacement of burnt blower motor and speed control resistor on my Scorpio after having suffered alternator AVR failure on way to Kolkata. Daga Autolek and its owner came highly recommended from my friend in Subros.
  • Work was completed in less than 1 hour, including a complimentary pressure wash and clean of the radiator & AC condenser.
  • D-BHPian Sutripta has had some AC work done on his cars earlier, entirely to his satisfaction, through the same reference.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Mr. Anurag Daga
- Phone numbers: 89610-72446 / 98301-72446 / 2283-2569 / 2280-3807
- Postal Address: 59-B, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata 700 020.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Behind Exide (Chloride India) Building, entry through lane alongside United Tyres.
- Email : dagaautolek@gmail.com
- GPS coordinates : 22.541347, 88.347291
- Google Map : http://goo.gl/cn1Ocy

Photographs from the workshop

Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-1.jpg

Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-2.jpg

Mr. Anurag Daga
Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-4.jpg

Awards & accolades for exemplary performance
Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-6.jpg

The parts from my Scorpio that needed changing
Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-3.jpg

Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)-daga-5.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Automotive Air-conditioning - Daga Autolek (Kolkata)

Thanks a lot for the information. One of my friend is looking to buy a Thar DI. He is planning to purchase it from Burdwan as registration of DI models in Kolkata is not allowed. He will be using the vehicle for his daily use and considering the Kolkata heat, he was wondering how to install an AC in the vehicle. I hope now his problem is solved. Though Crdi Thar comes with an AC, but the price difference between a Thar DI and Thar Crdi makes the former a more likely choice. Your post is really helpful. Thanks again.
delix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 09:20   #3
BHPian

Got my stock vtec's ac work done at this place! I must say, Mr. Anurag is a thorough gentleman and his work is in one word "outstanding". At the end of the day, he ensures that his customers have a smile once they sit in their car and switch on the a/c.

I had my vtec's compressor and condenser changed, bill came to about 18k, but am I happy or what!! The work done is pretty similar to how its done from the factory. No loose ends, no shortcuts taken ,everything, perfectly done!

Will definitely recommend this place to anyone who has any issues with his ac!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 29th September 2014 at 09:22.
ssjr0498 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 00:24   #4
BHPian

First the good part

My WagonR had an accident in 2011 because of which it stayed in the garage for a long time before I got it. Insurance, repairs, parts etc took a while.

After I got it I had a problem with the AC for months, gave it to the same garage again and again. He would always refill the gas but could not understand where was the leak. After getting fed up I took it to another FNG and had the same issue. In 5 months I got it checked 5 times without getting a fix. Both these FNGs referred me to Daga for the AC.

Daga motors did a fantastic job. Costed me around 6k for the parts. Some vale and another item was replaced. I had no complains with the AC since then. I never knew the WagonR could cool so well.

The not so good part

I recently bought a second hand Ikon. While on a short road trip on a hot day the AC suddenly tripped after half an hour. Assuming it was an AC problem I took it to Daga. They checked the AC gas and said there was no problem with the AC system and it was an electric problem for which I had to go to Ford. In case the cooling was not upto the mark they asked me to come back.

What I did not like is that they did not even open the fuse box to check. Not a thing they were interested in. I took it to my FNG, a fuse (which was corrected by adding an external wire) had got burnt, they replaced it and topped the AC gas. The AC works well now.
navsjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 01:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Work handled:
  • Authorized distributors & stockists of multiple AC brands such as Subros, Behr, Denso & Delphi.
  • Servicing and repair of car air-conditioning systems & installation of new AC in non-AC vehicles.

What I like:
  • Good, clean work, without cutting corners.
  • Technicians (as also the owner himself) are trained at Subros, and the workshop-cum-distributorship comes with excellent recommendations from a very senior Subros executive.
  • Located in the heart of the city, with no difficulties regarding parking space.
  • Plenty of floor space to park & work on multiple cars.
  • Friendly attitude
  • Very efficient, with quick turnaround time.

What I don't like:
  • Nothing to dislike really.

Pricing:
  • Standard pricing. Government taxes are payable additionally, but you get a 'pucca' receipt and guarantee of work.

Speciality / USP:
  • Servicing & repair of HVAC & ACC of all cars, Indian or imported.
I should have gone here in the first place to get the AC fitted in my Bolero. JKDS installed the AC in his Bolero 4WD from here and they did a stellar job, touchwood.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 19:16   #6
BHPian

They did a good job on my Civic, my AC's cooling was decreasing gradually, upon detailed inspection they found out compressor leakage, which they sealed.
Problem solved and AC is working fine, charges also seems to be appropriate.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:06   #7
BHPian

Have known the establishment and the family from almost over couple of decades now. Earlier, when we had an abundant fleet of Maruti 800 DLX (the variant with the AC) in our garage, visiting Daga in the summer months was a very common affair. However, in the recent times have not had much of an opportunity to visit the garage much, apart from just a trespassing visit to meet brother Anurag.

Recently, immediately after returning from the Rajasthan Road Trip in October 2016, the AC of the ETIOS was found not to be working. I sent the vehicle to Toyota and they said that the AC Condenser was supposedly damaged and that it will not be covered under warranty for reasons best known to them. The estimated repair cost from their end on chargeable basis was deemed to be to an approximate Rs.13,000.00 or so with an estimated lead time of 3 days.

I immediately refrained from giving them my vehicle and immediately sent the vehicle to Daga Autolek after consulting the matter with Anurag. The part was readily available with them too. The vehicle was delivered to them in the morning @ 11:00am and was returned by them in the evening by 5:00pm by performing the following Job :
  • AC Condenser Replaced
  • Gas Recharged

The Material Bill was Rs.6,615.00 and the Labour Bill was Rs.3,300.00 the total amounting to Rs.9,915.00 and the issue was sorted in less than 6 hours time in comparison to the services offered by the OEM Workshop w.r.t. time and money both.

Would rate their services a well deserved 5* and am happy that they have kept their reputation intact over the years and have just got better with time.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 14:32   #8
BHPian

I called up Daga for a general AC servicing for my Brio (the Ac is working fine, just want it cleaned inside out because of end of winters) and they quoted me Rs. 3500+ gst. I am personally finding it to be on the higher side. Can any members kindly give their opinions.

Thanks
cediaowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 16:08   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
I am personally finding it to be on the higher side.
You mean Honda charges a lesser amount for the same job?
Old 13th February 2018, 21:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You mean Honda charges a lesser amount for the same job?
I enquired with Honda and they quoted me about Rs. 2000 approximately.
Old 13th February 2018, 21:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I enquired with Honda and they quoted me about Rs. 2000 approximately.
Perhaps you ought to take a breakup of charges & work to be done from Honda as well as Daga. Service may or may not include dismantling of the dashboard to remove and clean the cooling coil, which is labour-intensive and therefore more expensive.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 21:29   #12
BHPian

Yes i am planning to go to Daga in person and ask for specifics. Thanks for your input.
cediaowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 10:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am personally finding it to be on the higher side. Can any members kindly give their opinions.
It is most definitely on the higher side. I do not recommend spending anything over Rs. 500 for this job.

Think about it, what service can you possibly carry out on a working aircon unit?

Pressure wash of the condenser unit.
Topping up compressor oil.
Replacing the cabin air filter.
Check and top up refrigerant. Not required at all if cooling is fine.

If you want to clean the internal evaporator coil, that requires taking it out and washing it. It is a lot of work. If they are going to charge you 3.5k, they need to do this.

When I used to give my Fiat Linea for AC service, they used to circulate some gas inside the car which was supposed to magically clean the evaporator coil. It is one of those ways to do it but can it get rid of grime on the coil? No way. The only way to keep the coil clean is to regularly replace the cabin filter. This is about the best way to keep the system clean and get good cabin air quality
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:37   #14
BHPian

I have exactly the same thoughts as you @sandeepmohan. That’s why I have decided to go visit them in person as there might be a confusion in them understanding my requirements over the phone. I will go to them whenever I get a chance and update this thread accordingly.
Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 04:40   #15
BHPian

Is this place still worth it? Or simply overhyped and overpriced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks