Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)

Pick-up & Drop Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)

Hello BHP-ians,

A casual chat at office cafeteria ended up in discussing pick-up and drop shoe repair service providers. My colleague had a nice pair of shoes which he apparently brought from the US of A and didn't want to discard as the uppers were giving way but the soles had plenty of life left in them. Normally the soles wear off and the genuine leather uppers are intact.

He shared the contact of My Shoe Garage with me. At that time my 5 years old riding boots were intact until recently the soles came off and one of the toe-sliders fell off in a ride! With the lockdown and pandemic scenario, I got in touch with this guy and sent pictures over whatsapp and he was ready to come and collect my pair for repairs.

Extremely polite and nice guy, gave me an estimate of around a thousand bucks which was very good compared to the cost of a pair of new boots. He took one week to repair and return them. No advance payment was asked.

Joe Rocker Sonic R WP Riding boots
Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-img_20201006_200245__01.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. I gave him the idea to cover the toe slider patch. My boots were waterproof but with the hand stitching of the sole, now they won't be waterproof but I'm ok to live with it. I'm very much aware of the life of this safety equipment and just wanted to restore it once before discarding them!

Map location

Contact Person: Mr. Ratan Kolekar
Contact# : +91-959-114-1969

For out of Pune orders & repairs, please talk to him if he accepts couriers.

Before sharing it here, I referred him to a few Pune Team BHP-ians I will recommend him for leather, trekking and sport shoes also.

Pro-tip: Just as with all shoe repair jobs, always remind your cobbler to keep the size of the shoes same as earlier.

Cheers,
/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 2nd November 2020 at 18:17.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)

This is superb! Thanks Surja. I have contacted Mr. Ratan for reviving a pair of old riding boots I had stashed in some dark corner of the house. The pricing seems VFM and the outcome fabulous.

More than that, I love the fact that they have adopted tech to their advantage. A website, whatsapp business account and prompt responses.

I'll share my experience for repair and revival as well once I receive them.

Thanks again for sharing.
moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Finally received my boots back from Mr. Ratan. He was apologetic for the delay. The moment I opened up the refreshed boots I was mighty impressed.

The sole had come off due to persistent use in all weather conditions. I had squeezed in dollops of Gorilla glue which had settled as a thick layer between the sole and the boots. I am sure it took the labourer oodles of effort to get it out. The boots have been stuck mighty well and it looks like a factory fresh fitment. Also liked the way they have cleaned the boot up, all scratches and blemishes have been neatly cleaned.

All in all a very impressive job. For Rs. 900/- it feels totally worth it.

Here are old pics:

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old1.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old2.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old3.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old4.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old5.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-old6.jpg

Post refresh:

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-new1.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-new2.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-new3.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-new4.jpg

Riding Boots (Shoe) repair service - My Shoe Garage (Pune)-new5.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 14:27   #4
BHPian

Sorry to exhume an old thread - but in the same predicament with my riding boots. The sole of my TCX has come off and am told that glue+stitching is the only way to keep it going (albeit the waterproofing goes for a toss). I have had trouble finding a good cobbler in Mumbai side and this thread gives me some hope!

I wanted to ask you - how have the boots held up since they were stitched up? And whether it makes sense for this 'one last hurrah' or just move onto a newer pair?

Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 11:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
I wanted to ask you - how have the boots held up since they were stitched up? And whether it makes sense for this 'one last hurrah' or just move onto a newer pair?
My boots' stitches are holding up well, no issues in that. But it's a 5 year old pair and the artificial leather has started to fall apart and develop surface cracks. The TPU shifter pad on the left boot has cracked too. I just repaired it to keep it in usable state till I get a new pair, giving it an extension of usable life!

Ideally, it should be thermally sealed and not pasted and stitched but those facilities are not available.

Both, moralfibre and nitrogary repaired their spare/older boots with the same intent I suppose as they've other primary riding boots.

surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 20:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
My boots' stitches are holding up well, no issues in that. But it's a 5 year old pair and the artificial leather has started to fall apart and develop surface cracks. The TPU shifter pad on the left boot has cracked too. I just repaired it to keep it in usable state till I get a new pair, giving it an extension of usable life!

Ideally, it should be thermally sealed and not pasted and stitched but those facilities are not available.

Both, moralfibre and nitrogary repaired their spare/older boots with the same intent I suppose as they've other primary riding boots.

surjaonwheelz
Thank you for replying. I guess it doesn't make sense for me to hold onto my boots then. Like your boots, the leather is cracking apart. I had gotten the sole glued very strongly from a good cobbler (good for general footwear/bags etc.) - but a short traffic jam, whilst returning from an otherwise cooler ride, the heat from the bike (Tiger) undid all the 'goodness'

So I feel it's better to save up and go for a brand new one!
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Finally received my boots back from Mr. Ratan. He was apologetic for the delay. The moment I opened up the refreshed boots I was mighty impressed.
How are your boots holding up bro after the repair?

Surja tells me he's not been keeping well and not active anymore. I've given my Alpinestars to the mochikhana near Royal Bakery on MG Road. The sole of one boot is opening up, and both plastic heelcups have cracked and are falling to pieces literally. Plus one toe slider has broken off in half and needs to be fitted back.

Will get them back on Monday. And update this thread.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. This fantastic resource/ thread is totally lost here and should ideally have been in the Motorcycles - Ride Safe section.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd November 2023 at 22:09.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks