Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 23:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unfortunate updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Update 3
Since I was heading out of town, I informed the manager and told him to do whatever they planned to do on it, over the next 3 days. They picked it up and dropped it back at my residence. When I checked the car, I found that
- the passenger seatbelt was still not cleaned (they had missed out on it in the earlier instance, as well)
- there were multiple tar spots on each of the wheels
- they had removed and refitted the wiring for the dash camera and left it hanging in plain sight

Update 4
They will come tomorrow to resolve these issues.

If this is the quality of output when they are trying to rectify an already poor customer experience, then I dont know what else is left to be said about the Detailing Mafia store in Cochin. The Rs 7,500 that I spent, seems to have been a real waste of money
2 of the staff members from the Detailing Mafia turned up to sort out the things that they had missed from the 2nd detailing session, which, in turn, was meant to sort out the things that they had missed from the original detailing session.

- On the seatbelt, I was told that it was cleaned during both detailing sessions by the workers but nobody informed the manager that the dirt on the seatbelt couldnt be properly cleaned (!!!!) I'm certain that they completely missed it earlier and cleaned it for the 1st time on the final attempt.
- On the tar spots, they kept insisting that there were only 2 or 3 spots in total, which somehow got missed while they were detailing the car for the second time Either I need to visit an optometrist or they need to!
- On the dashcam, apparently it somehow got dislodged while they were cleaning the car and nobody noticed that the wire was hanging

Here are the 2 or 3 tar spots in total, as per their count. Bear in mind that I didnt even take pictures of all the spots that were visible!

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_084918.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_084926.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_084937.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_084941.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_085012.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_085016.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_085020.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_085035.jpg

Steam Car Wash : The Detailing Mafia (Kochi)-20230223_085043.jpg

Quote:
As mentioned earlier, I have heard good things about the washing services at this branch of the Detailing Mafia. However, my experience with them, when it comes to more labour intensive work, that requires a degree of skill and patience, has shown that the quality of workmanship is clearly not up to the mark. Hopefully the team can improve upon these shortcomings and are open to take honest customer feedback, and strive to improve upon their quality of services.

As things stand, it is hard to recommend the Detailing Mafia in Kochi, for anything other than a basic car wash.
Unfortunately, rather than using this experience as an opportunity to learn and improve their service, it appears that nothing has changed. The workmanship is still way below par. There is zero supervision (how come nobody noticed so many issues?). Rather than accepting the shortcomings, all I heard was that they had done a good job and that these new issues weren't anything major.

I genuinely hoped that the team at the Detailing Mafia had turned things around but sadly, its just the opposite. Same old, same old. You are better off taking your car to any of the other detailing studios in town, where the workmanship is top notch and the professionalism matches what customers expect to find in an expensive detailing studio.

Overall recommendation on the Detailing Mafia store in Cochin - A very strong avoid.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Unfortunate updates

TLDR
Quote:
Overall recommendation on the Detailing Mafia store in Cochin - A very strong avoid.
Its surprising that they didn't even get 3rd time lucky !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks