Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as
Highly Recommended 0 0%
Recommended 10 58.82%
NOT Recommended 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 11:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories- Car Shoppe (Trivandrum, Kerala)

Im looking for white park lights for my Innova, yellow looks odd with HIDs switched ON. Vinod told me that it would come in 3 weeks. Does anybdy else know where I can get that in TVM
Old 25th April 2011, 22:32   #17
BHPian

This guy quoted 10K for a local muffler. Not even a Free Flow Exhaust.And also he doesn't even know the Brands remus,automech, I can get an Automech Exhaust for my Getz for 10k at Our own Jerry's Performance Store.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

joe, just buy one of these
$2.73 - 4-LED 12V Vehicle Signal Lights (2-Pack White) - Car Audio Systems

yes, they ship to here.
Old 26th April 2011, 02:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

clevermax just had a gala time there after installing sunfilim. I have never seen this dude so upset. So sum up his overall experience in one word "AVOID"

Pramod
Old 1st May 2011, 23:23   #20
BHPian

Go to Jerry's Place @ Thycadu he has the white LED park lights too IIRC and it's jerry he knows his stuff !
muneemmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 04:17   #21
BHPian

Hi anyone can tell me a good place to buy the JBLGTX333 HU cheap in trivandrum city or kollam city? Install is done by my friend.

Please include phone numbers if possible.

The best quote I have got is 4.2K from PKC carmate at kilipalam.

TIA

Last edited by knob : 13th May 2011 at 04:19.
Old 5th September 2011, 18:01   #22
BHPian

I have done installs from Motorplaza, Car Palace and Car Shoppe. Off the three I would recommend Car Shoppe.
PROS
1. Fair amount of choices, especially ICE.
2. Knowledgeable owner and staff(Lately, I had bad experience with the staff a few years back tho)
3. Good pricing, gives the actual price upfront and doesn't do the 'quote higher and discount later' approach.
4. Good installation(Lately, I had bad experience on this too earlier.)

CONS
1. Tries to sell brands/products you might not be interested in. No harm if you know what you want. I was asking for Pioneer/Rockford/Kicker Amp and got recommendations for Sonxy Xplod and Kenwood. Xplod went out of the window because I had bad experience with Xplod products. I didn't like the look and feel of Kenwood 846(felt so fragile and light and the terminals looked like Made in China for India-you know what I mean). Rockford and Kicker were told to be expensive. Pioneer felt heavy and rightly built to quality, so was my obvious choice.

2. Not so extensive selection of products. I went there for Polk MOMO which I had auditioned at Parijat , but they had only DB series. But I got sold on Infinity Kappa and IMO, is one hell of a speakers. They do put out good tight bass connected to the amps, compared to what I used to get out of JBL GTO 937 and what I heard from Polk MM691 at Parijat.

I had installed Pioneer DEH-4050UB, JBL GTO 607c and JBL GTO 937 in 2008 for 16K and had bitter experience. You can check out my posts on the same if you want to know what went wrong then. Had also done Autocop and Sunfilms too.

To put things in perspective, I did an ICE upgrade last week and that has slightly changed my customer experience index. Installed Pioneer GM-6400F 4 channel amp, upgraded rear speakers to Infinity Kappa 693.9i using Focal wires, mounted front speakers with wooden spacers to reduce vibration/jarring at high volumes and it costed 18K in all, which I think is pretty competitive. Experts can comment on this.

The guy Anu did a good job and looked thoroughly professional and knowledgeable in what he is doing. Impressed! The entire team seems to have changed(except of-course the owner) and did better this time when compared to what they did to my Swift in 2008.

Recommended, but not highly!

Last edited by glidealong : 5th September 2011 at 18:23. Reason: Added cons
Old 6th September 2011, 11:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Rockford and Kicker were told to be expensive
The same was told to me as well.For coax i was looking for Hertz, But ended up buying JBL.
Got a neat deal.No installation done from there.
Quote:
There aren't many in TVM.All the shops here have some crappy mats,perfumes,sunfilm and sony/pioneer ICE.

Last edited by bullboy : 6th September 2011 at 11:08.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
There aren't many in TVM.All the shops here have some crappy mats,perfumes,sunfilm and sony/pioneer ICE.
Oops messed up with the post.Dont know how to remove this.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
The same was told to me as well
Not sure why its so ,amazon and crutchfield have the pioneer amps and rockford,fosgate priced similarly!

Quote:
For coax i was looking for Hertz, But ended up buying JBL.
Now that you mentioned it, I remember that I was suggested JBL amp too. I didn't feel too high about JBL amps and that too GT5 series.
I guess they have good relationship with JBL/Infinity(Harman Kardon group distributor) and they will try pushing them. Polk, Hertz, Boston... etc are the last thing that they want to sell it seems. But atleast they have some of these brands, that's one good thing. As I said, as long as you know what you want, this place is good for your ICE requirements.

Last edited by glidealong : 6th September 2011 at 19:24.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops messed up with the post.Dont know how to remove this.
that's very true but sometimes out of the blue they get some real nice gems like the momo atomik gearknob i got from car palace! oh and got my remus from there as well. then it was over to Jerry's for Automech free flow and green cotton air filters
Old 9th September 2011, 17:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
clevermax just had a gala time there after installing sunfilim. I have never seen this dude so upset. So sum up his overall experience in one word "AVOID"

Pramod

i should have read this post before visiting the shop, me too had wait a long time to get job finished , 4.5 hours to be precise for sunfilm installation and every time i reminded about time they were least bothered,went there only because i got least quote

Had a minister's VW Jetta which arrived later and a fiat linea (owner who wants to do sunfilm on rear glass and he was hindering their work evrytime they stepped on rear seat laid with towels and later he had a heated argument about spilled perfume with staff )

So mine got least preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidealong View Post
I have done installs from Motorplaza, Car Palace and Car Shoppe. Off the three I would recommend Car Shoppe.
PROS
1. Fair amount of choices, especially ICE.
2. Knowledgeable owner and staff(Lately, I had bad experience with the staff a few years back tho)
3. Good pricing, gives the actual price upfront and doesn't do the 'quote higher and discount later' approach.
4. Good installation(Lately, I had bad experience on this too earlier.)

CONS
1. Tries to sell brands/products you might not be interested in. No harm if you know what you want. I was asking for Pioneer/Rockford/Kicker Amp and got recommendations for Sonxy Xplod and Kenwood.

2. Not so extensive selection of products. I went there for Polk MOMO which I had auditioned at Parijat , but they had only DB series. But I got sold on Infinity Kappa and IMO, is one hell of a speakers. They do put out good tight bass connected to the amps, compared to what I used to get out of JBL GTO 937 and what I heard from Polk MM691 at Parijat.

To put things in perspective, I did an ICE upgrade last week and that has slightly changed my customer experience index. Installed Pioneer GM-6400F 4 channel amp, upgraded rear speakers to Infinity Kappa 693.9i using Focal wires, mounted front speakers with wooden spacers to reduce vibration/jarring at high volumes and it costed 18K in all, which I think is pretty competitive. Experts can comment on this.

The guy Anu did a good job and looked thoroughly professional and knowledgeable in what he is doing. Impressed! The entire team seems to have changed(except of-course the owner) and did better this time when compared to what they did to my Swift in 2008.

Now that you mentioned it, I remember that I was suggested JBL amp too. I didn't feel too high about JBL amps and that too GT5 series.
I guess they have good relationship with JBL/Infinity(Harman Kardon group distributor) and they will try pushing them. Polk, Hertz, Boston... etc are the last thing that they want to sell it seems. But atleast they have some of these brands, that's one good thing. As I said, as long as you know what you want, this place is good for your ICE requirements.
I enquired about Hertz & Rockford but they were least interested,Also they were pressing on Polk DB690 ovals initially thats when i put infinity into picture and it become worse

Once i said Infinity kappa is good ,they were pressing hard to sell me Infinity kappa ovals as if nothing else is good,had a tough time escaping .

Tried calling jkdas to help me out but he was out of station

was that you they called to let me know about infinity kappa performance

Only thing i can understand is they want to sell out their stock of Infinity and polk

My review

Owner and staff are knowledgeable but you must be firm on your decisions and its better than other well known shops in trivandrum where staff donot know anything other than pioneer,sony and kenwood

Recommended for VFM deals and also insist the job to be done by knowledgeable staff and not by some northies who were yelling in hindi everytime i talk to them

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 9th September 2011 at 17:12.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

was that you they called to let me know about infinity kappa performance
I guess so, i got a call from Vinod asking to speak to one of his customers. Let me know if you want to audition the setup, so that you can make an informed decision.

PS: I am still playing with the amp gain settings, and I dont have a DMM to do it the right way.
Old 29th July 2012, 18:20   #29
BHPian

Im planning to get my i10 ICE'd. Is this shop still good? Also do I get it installed from there or some other place? Can you guys please suggest.
Old 22nd August 2015, 00:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping an old thread. How is Car Shoppe now ? Do they have Rockford Fosgate products etc ?

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 22nd August 2015 at 00:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks