Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 12:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitrogen Filling Stations-Hyderabad

I dont see a thread for listing out the outlets for Nitrogen Filling Stations in Hyderabad and Secunderabad.

Please copy paste and add to list below

1. BP Petrol Bunk at Jubilee Hills Checkpost.

This is my favorite and yesterday re-filled my Cruze here. In 2 months, the pressure dropped from 32psi to 24.5 psi for all tyres. Not bad.

He charged Rs.40 for 5 tyres. 20 bucks more. His explanation was " Sir, Accent choti gadi hai aur 14inch tyres the woh. yeh sola inch ke tyres hai, jyada hawa lagta"

2. Ashoka Wheels, Minister Road

3. Wheels, Tadbund
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2010, 12:46   #2
BHPian

3. Wheels, Tadbund
  4. Xenex, Madhapur (I have seen a board there, although never filled there.)
I have always filled Nitrogen at the JH Checkpost.

Cheers,
Old 12th October 2010, 13:18   #3
BHPian

IBP Petrol bunk Madhapur (next to Pride Honda)

I still prefer normal air !!
Old 12th October 2010, 14:37   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

3. Wheels, Tadbund
  5. IBP Petrol bunk, Madhapur (next to Pride Honda)
Old 27th October 2010, 09:53   #5
BHPian

PKR Wheels, Road No.1, KPHB Colony, Kukatpally. He charged me 50 bucks for each from Vacuum to full for my Swift. Recently I got it checked after one month and the pressure came down to 31.5 from 33. They charged me 50 bucks for all four. But I was expecting that Nitrogen should last long. Somewhere around more that 3 to 4 months without loosing a point. Otherwise it is not worth that much.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have a question. A pal of mine is driving down to Vizag for a week tomorrow. He has his tyres filled with Nitrogen.
He wanted to know if he can top up with normal air, if needed, as it is unlikely that the places en route will have Nitrogen-filling pumps.
Old 29th October 2010, 19:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks, I have a question. A pal of mine is driving down to Vizag for a week tomorrow. He has his tyres filled with Nitrogen.
He wanted to know if he can top up with normal air, if needed, as it is unlikely that the places en route will have Nitrogen-filling pumps.
Hi Abhi, Once you fill with the normal air in the Nitrogen filled tyres, it is will loose the characteristics. It is as good as the Normal Air. It is advised that you shouldn't mix it. Because when they fill with Nitrogen they usually vaccum it and then fill with 99.8-99.9% Nitrogen. Hence if he is travelling to Vizag and back which account to about 1200KM then he need not have to fill normal air. He can go and come back with the Nitrogen.

Last edited by vrrraju : 29th October 2010 at 19:57. Reason: Grammar
Old 29th October 2010, 21:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hi Abhi, Once you fill with the normal air in the Nitrogen filled tyres, it is will loose the characteristics. It is as good as the Normal Air. It is advised that you shouldn't mix it. Because when they fill with Nitrogen they usually vaccum it and then fill with 99.8-99.9% Nitrogen. Hence if he is travelling to Vizag and back which account to about 1200KM then he need not have to fill normal air. He can go and come back with the Nitrogen.
Thanks Raju. I will pass it on to him.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:42   #9
BHPian

whats all the fuss about this nitrogen filling.. some body explain please

Doesn't normal air have 78% nitrogen in it anyways???

Well, one fellow tried to fill nitrogen into my swift's tyres but i said NO, thinking that it was fake.

This guy offers nitrogen for 200 rupees for all tyres and promises to refill for free (i dint ask how many times?!)

Address: The alignment and balancing shop on adarsh nagar road behind IT office (aayakar bhavan), diagonally opposite airasia office.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2010, 01:50   #10
BHPian

I am gettin Nitrogen filled from IBP Begumpet, I see no difference, i see loss of air pressure everytime i go for refill in around 600 kms...
Old 30th October 2010, 15:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using Nitrogen now for close to 2 years. I have greatly benefited from it in a single way. Earlier when i use to have normal air. I used to check air pressure every sunday for both cars and bike as i am paranoid about air pressure

Maybe because of my paranoia, havent seen a puncture in my 2 cars and 1 bike since 2006.

After starting to use Nitrogen, i fill it and set a reminder ( really) for refill exactly after 2 months. I see a drop of 3-4 psi for each tyre

Nitrogen will also loose air albeit little slowly and benefit for my purpose is only one visit in 2 months instead of 8. And, used to pay Rs.20 for 5 tyres for my Accent and now pay Rs.30 for 5 tyres for Cruze.

@Venu, you can always top-up with normal air but then you need to vaccum it and refill which is an expensive affair. As VVVR said, you can check for nitrogen before commencement of a trip which i follow religiously.
Old 13th November 2010, 00:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
whats all the fuss about this nitrogen filling.. some body explain please

Doesn't normal air have 78% nitrogen in it anyways???

Well, one fellow tried to fill nitrogen into my swift's tyres but i said NO, thinking that it was fake.

This guy offers nitrogen for 200 rupees for all tyres and promises to refill for free (i dint ask how many times?!)

Address: The alignment and balancing shop on adarsh nagar road behind IT office (aayakar bhavan), diagonally opposite airasia office.
for one the fuss is so much because

1. this nitrogen air does not have watervapour, so there is not much change in the tyre pressure due to the day time temperature.
2. keeps the tyre cooler
3. Nitrogen molecules are bigger and you lose tyre pressure way slowly compared to normal air - meaning lesser trips to fill air.

and people, who fill nitrogen at BP bunk check post road jubilee hillls must say they are ones with the best equipment no other shop in hyderabad(to my knowledge) has the this feature where the air in the tyre is sucked in (creates a vacuum) and then refilled with nitrogen.

so after a puncture i say fill here then may be top up from other dealers.

Last edited by rider60 : 13th November 2010 at 00:59.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:00   #13
BHPian

For folks in madhapur ,you can go to sai wheels ( lane next to sparkles laundry ) opposite the petrol bunk.

i use the place for my wheel alignment/balancing and nitrogen top up.
Old 18th December 2010, 03:55   #14
BHPian

Re: Nitrogen Filling Stations-Hyderabad

- Hi-tech petrol pump opposite TCS and adjacent to Cyber Pearl also has Nitro station
Old 18th December 2010, 08:59   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nitrogen Filling Stations-Hyderabad

Updated List in Hyderabad/Secunderabad
  3. Wheels, Tadbund
  5. IBP Petrol bunk, Madhapur (next to Pride Honda)
  6. PKR Wheels, Road No.1, KPHB Colony, Kukatpally.
  7. Adarsh Nagar behind IT office (aayakar bhavan), diagonally opposite airasia office
  8. IBP Begumpet
  9. Sai Wheels ( Lane next to Sparkles Laundry) opp Petrol Bunk, Madhapur
  10. Hi-tech petrol pump opposite TCS and adjacent to Cyber Pearl
Btw, i am due for my nitrogen top up before i leave for a long road trip next week. It's been now more than 2 months and car feels alright. So i think there could be a 4-5 PSI drop
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks