Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:48   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Car and Bike Everything (Nagpur)

• For petrol and diesel and lubricants, I would recommend Lamba Service Station near the RTO office, Civil Lines/Giripeth.The senior citizen owner drops in any moment and employees engaging in malpractices get jittery-malpractices are minimal.He lives very near and is quite an upright man! i have been topping up my petrol and diesel tanks since the past five plus years with no problems.
  • The Indian Oil pump at RBI square is also quite OK as it is company managed.
  • For car accessories I would recommend Shreeji Automobiles and Gurukripa Automobiles, both located at Mount Road, Sadar, Nagpur.
  • For bike accessories and spares Zora Scooters, Residency Road is my favourite shop.
  • Of course for Yamaha, Greenfields Agencies and for my Activa, Sudarshan Motors as authorised dealers are OK.
  • For new car and bike repairs one must stick with the Authorised Dealer.
  • Later on, as the car ages I would recommend Kamdar Automobiles, Mount Road, Sadar for repairs.
  • For two wheelers I am a DIY but would also recommend a very low profile man Mr Rajabhau Bhole whose workshop is located beside the PHILIPS shop off Ramnagar/Hill Top square. This man does everything by himself and repairs anything from Matchless, BSA to the RD350 and even the newer ones.I got a marvellously done engine job for my RX 100 at his place in January 2011.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd March 2011 at 01:19. Reason: Completed the sentence.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Car and Bike Everything (NAGPUR)

For any Yamaha 2 Strokes , I would recommend Acharyaji on CA road, Nagpur. He is one of those few who were in Yamaha at the time of RD launch and were officially trained for RD350 overhauling and servicing.

The best thing about man is that he is calm and dont let anyone from his crew mingle with small but crucial settings/parts and do the job himself. Also, one can at any time shake hands with him without a thought of getting one's hand dirty. He even take care of things like using rubber pads or cloth to cover up parts while tightening nuts.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car and Bike Everything (Nagpur)

I vouch for my Mahindra dealer Unnati Motors, Kamptee Road, Nagpur, (located on National Highway 7) who are much, much better than many others in business.
I would even go to the extent to recommend Unnati Motors to anyone who is passing through Nagpur on a long journey to any other destination using any Mahindra made motor vehicle.
I have been dealing with them for something like two years and four months. Nice and better people!
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 20:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

For repairs of all kinds of cars the old, very old and the even the very new, I would recommend M/s Shree Auto Restorers Pvt Ltd, Central Bazar Road, Ramdaspeth.
The workshop has incidentally been responsible for the mechanical restoration of the 1929 Mercedes Nurburg [engine, gearbox, differential, suspension & brakes]. This work was done during Sept-Nov 2010, has won the Best Resurrection Prize at the Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours D'elegance held at the Jaipur Polo Grounds, New Delhi on 12 March 2011.
The body work restoration was done to perfection by Marespand Dadachanji.
My Landmaster is with this garage since August 2011 and it is hoped that the car will be delivered very soon.
I also got my Maruti 800 checked for some electrical problems and other miscellaneous gremlins last week and am quite satisfied with the workshop.
Old 15th June 2012, 23:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
  • For petrol and diesel and lubricants, I would recommend Lamba Service Station near the RTO office, Civil Lines/Giripeth.The senior citizen owner drops in any moment and employees engaging in malpractices get jittery-malpractices are minimal.He lives very near and is quite an upright man! i have been topping up my petrol and diesel tanks since the past five plus years with no problems.
Sadly, Mr J. S. Dheer, owner of M/s Lamba Servce Station, Nagpur aged 73, passed away suddenly due to a cardiac arrest. His establishments were closed for two days to pay homage to the departed soul.
He appeared fit as a fiddle, slim and active. I have seen him drop by, driving his white Indica Vista, even at 10.00 pm, to check the working of the pump. He is missed. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 7th October 2012, 22:25   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I would also recommend M/s Limbanna, Mount Road, Sadar, for mechanical problems, painting work, accident repairs (they are famous since ages viz. 1950's, for painting and denting work),wheel alignment and miscellaneous jobs related to all kinds of four wheelers.
The management is quite reasonable and basically they believe in fair business practices.
Incidentally, they also do all jobs for vintages and classics since they own quite a few.
Old 24th January 2013, 16:52   #7
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Can anybody recommend a Royal Enfield mechanic in Nagpur? I am looking for someone who can restore a Cast Iron Engine Bullet 350. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:43   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For repairs of all kinds of cars the old, very old and the even the very new, I would recommend M/s Shree Auto Restorers Pvt Ltd, Central Bazar Road, Ramdaspeth.
M/s Shree Auto Restorers now operates from its premises in MIDC, Hingna, Nagpur. The premises is that of the erstwhile Coventry Motors (Opel dealer). If a car is under breakdown, they have a towing service. The workshop is closed on Wednesdays.

For all kinds of older Maruti models, M/s Sainath Motors, off Kamptee Road, Mohan Nagar, (near Mohan Nagar P.O.) is quite reasonable for spares and also for repairs of the cars in their garage alongside their spares shop. I never tried for major repairs but for small to medium scale ones the workshop is O.K.
Old 28th February 2015, 22:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  • For two wheelers I am a DIY but would also recommend a very low profile man Mr Rajabhau Bhole whose workshop is located beside the PHILIPS shop off Ramnagar/Hill Top square. This man does everything by himself and repairs anything from Matchless, BSA to the RD350 and even the newer ones.I got a marvellously done engine job for my RX 100 at his place in January 2011.
After a few years of outing for a job, Shri Rajabhau Bhole is back and his workshop R.A. Agencies, situated on the Ramnagar / Hill Top square to Lal Bahadur Shastri square (Laxmi Bhavan Chowk) Road, just about 100 metres from the Ramnagar/ HillTop square has started functioning.

I got my 2003 Honda Activa repaired by him last week.The 12 year old scooter has now got a fresh lease of life.
Old 15th May 2018, 23:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  • For petrol and diesel and lubricants, I would recommend Lamba Service Station near the RTO office, Civil Lines/Giripeth.The senior citizen owner drops in any moment and employees engaging in malpractices get jittery-malpractices are minimal.He lives very near and is quite an upright man! I have been topping up my petrol and diesel tanks since the past five plus years with no problems.
  • The Indian Oil pump at RBI square is also quite OK as it is company managed.
  • For car accessories I would recommend Shreeji Automobiles and Gurukripa Automobiles, both located at Mount Road, Sadar, Nagpur.
  • For bike accessories and spares Zora Scooters, Residency Road is my favourite shop.
  • Of course for Yamaha, Greenfields Agencies and for my Activa, Sudarshan Motors as authorised dealers are OK.
  • Later on, as the car ages I would recommend Kamdar Automobiles, Mount Road, Sadar for repairs.
Some changes with the times (NAGPUR) since its more than seven years eversince this matter was posted:
  • For petrol and diesel and lubricants, I would recommend Lamba Service Station near the RTO office, Civil Lines/ Giripeth.The senior citizen owner has though passed away in 2012. Quality wise, all is well. But please be on the lookout, if the employees engage you in frivolous talks, while setting their meter at zero, before commencing the fuel delivery. I had faced this a few weeks ago and had blasted them. The previous customer (two wheeler) took petrol worth Rs 100=00. The attendants were talking with me to distract and had almost started delivering fuel for my car's petrol tank. I told them to shut up and set the meter to zero. They suddenly became so innocent.
  • The Indian Oil pump at RBI square is still OK as it is company managed.
  • For car accessories I would still recommend Shreeji Automobiles and Gurukripa Automobiles, both located at Mount Road, Sadar, Nagpur which are still best value for money.
  • For scooter and bike accessories and spares Zora Scooters, Residency Road is my favourite shop.
  • Kamdar Automobiles, Mount Road, Sadar has since closed down.
  • Limbanna Motors on Mount Road is very good for any car (vintage to 2018 model) repairs, painting, denting and servicing.
  • For two wheelers I am a DIY, but had recommended Mr Rajabhau Bhole whose workshop is located beside the PHILIPS shop off Ramnagar/Hill Top square. I had recommended this workshop, but he has since taken up farming and is very irregular at his shop. The shop remains closed almost round the year.
  • I had also recommended Shreejee Automobiles, Ramdaspeth for car repairs, but they have now become an authorised service centre for Hyundai and hence getting repaired other cars is a No No. I do not own a Hyundai and so cannot comment on their quality of work.
  • Patel Motors and Mehta Automobiles on Central Avenue Road are quite good for car spares.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 15th May 2018 at 23:50.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 16:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I vouch for my Mahindra dealer Unnati Motors, Kamptee Road, Nagpur, (located on National Highway 7) who are much, much better than many others in business.
I would even go to the extent to recommend Unnati Motors to anyone who is passing through Nagpur on a long journey to any other destination using any Mahindra made motor vehicle.
I have been dealing with them for something like two years and four months. Nice and better people!
Thanks Anjan! Happy see to a BHPian at Nagpur.

I went to check XUV 300 at Unnati Motors at Yavatamal a year ago and didn't had good experience. They did not had any vehicle for test drive and asked me to call one of customer which had the car . Due to this experience, I booked my XUV 700 with Provincial Motors and I am having worst experience. I may getting my XUV maybe tomorrow or day after and I don't want to go back there. I will soon have my first service and was thinking for better option. Hence, I wanted to check with you that has your experience changed over the years or Unnati is still doing great. Thanks!
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 19:35   #12
BHPian

Can I get recommendations for car retailers (ceramic coating) in Nagpur? The detailing scene seems to be new in Nagpur, as I can’t find many detailers and even fewer reviews online.

I don’t want to go in blind. How do you separate good from the bad ones?

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 16th June 2023 at 20:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks