Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 15:29   #61
BHPian

Re: 1973 VW Super Beetle Monster Build off - Delivered

The colour, the upholstery, the alloys, the carpet its all come together very well.

All in all a great job done.

Kudos to you and your team!!
Gomzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 16:38   #62
BHPian

fantastic build off and paint job, im certain the owner wouldnt have expected such a fine customization of his car.. kudos to you mr kadam...
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 14:52   #63
BHPian

Love the finished car. Excellent workmanship and attention to detail.

Let me share something I thought would be useful to you. Last time I visited Thailand, I saw a large number of modded VW bugs in immaculate condition in Pattaya. When I enquired with some people there about how they sourced spares, they all mentioned a place called Waruchak Market in Bangkok where spares and accessories are available for any car, any make.
This took me to Waruchak market the very next day and surprise, surprise. Headers, steering wheels, FFE, ICE, lights, Airfilters... thousands of them in the hundreds of stores. Paradise found.
Possibly, if you are looking for cheaper spares and custom equipment for the Bug, try this place out.
Just my 2 cents.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 23:38   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sir,

The Delivery day was Today, lot of unforseen last minute niggles, But, by end of the day all troubles rectified, the car drove well without any issues and reached the owners house blassting all the way from my house -via Indian Express - M G road - Domlur- Koramangala Hence, could only take few pics, and this is all we could manage.
Hello Pavan , Thanks for those wonderful pictures of the Beetle. She looks absolutly stunning in that blue..! Kudos to you for your selection ..! We just loved the way it looked

Hello Pavan,
I am new to this thread but I have been following up on your wonderful restorations of the classic beetle cars. Kudos to you and your team for an excellent work done. Do post us on further updates on this thread. Me and my daugter are big fans of the beetle and would always like to own one.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 29th November 2012 at 17:06. Reason: Consecutive posts
Vijay1105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 09:07   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
That is one breath-taking Beetle, Sir.

The workmanship and attention to detail can make you think that this was commissioned by the boffins at Wolfsburg. Gute Arbeit!
Honoured by such a compliment sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
O MY GOD! Is this real? My jaw dropped straight on the table. Amazing, I wish I could see the car in real. The pictures are real treat to eyes. Man this is some restoration you have done. It really looks out of the showroom. I would like to ask were in Bangalore is your garage. Congratulations once more !
Thanks, i actually dont own a workshop since i have my regular day job to attend, i outsource. But have 2 dedicated teams since the last few years who do my job with utmost sincerity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
This car restoration has come up in an excellent way. Congrats on the successful mission. Please also mention on what parts/engine needed manual modifications while fitting them. We had faced some issues on changing Gypsy petrol engine to Toyota Turbo diesel. This was quite long ago when engine conversion was allowed.
I have not done ANY Modification to anything, We have used all Original / Retro-Fit parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideepshinh View Post
@Pavan Kadam: I must say you have done a good job. I have a car up for restoration (I had done it myself a while ago, but never got down to running it regularly.) Please PM me your contact details if you are keen on taking up some more work.
Sir, unable to send you a PM as your account is yet new. Here is my e-mail id : pavan.kadam666@gmail.com , please drop in a message, i will reply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Pavan Sir, simply mind blowing! Just one word comes to my mind Delicious

Very elaborate and detailed work, workmanship is excellent, the passion is draped around the Bug and polished with love, you have a great team, kudos to all!

Cheers!
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
The colour, the upholstery, the alloys, the carpet its all come together very well.

All in all a great job done.

Kudos to you and your team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
fantastic build off and paint job, im certain the owner wouldnt have expected such a fine customization of his car.. kudos to you mr kadam...
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
Love the finished car. Excellent workmanship and attention to detail.

Let me share something I thought would be useful to you. Last time I visited Thailand, I saw a large number of modded VW bugs in immaculate condition in Pattaya. When I enquired with some people there about how they sourced spares, they all mentioned a place called Waruchak Market in Bangkok where spares and accessories are available for any car, any make.
This took me to Waruchak market the very next day and surprise, surprise. Headers, steering wheels, FFE, ICE, lights, Airfilters... thousands of them in the hundreds of stores. Paradise found.
Possibly, if you are looking for cheaper spares and custom equipment for the Bug, try this place out.
Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the kind words, Waruchak Market - Let me keep this in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay1105 View Post
Hello Pavan , Thanks for those wonderful pictures of the Beetle. She looks absolutly stunning in that blue..! Kudos to you for your selection ..! We just loved the way it looked

Some more pics of the car in its Completed form coming soon.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 29th November 2012 at 09:10.
Old 6th January 2013, 20:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant car - very well restored !! Is it by any chance for sale ? No offence ! :-)

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 20:20   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant car - very well restored !! Is it by any chance for sale ? No offence ! :-)

Cheers
Certainly not

Pic of the Bug in a recent event.
Attached Thumbnails
1973 VW Super Beetle Monster Build off - Delivered-302729_10200145452342772_662812899_n.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Pavan...the car looks very nice ! Thanks also for sharing this picture !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks