Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 16:30   #1
BHPian

Mercedes W115 220D 1975. The price?

Hello there,

I am in the process of acquiring a classic car since a few months. Recently, I got introduced to a beauty. Her specs are W115 220D and 1975 is the year she was made. It is a RHD with original interiors and cosmetics. The car has fine curves and that implies it should not be accident prone. The paint work is satisfactory. The interiors although fair need some thorough cleaning to get that nice sheen. AC is defunct and needs to be repaired. Tyres are new.
I took a test ride and she was smooth, no hassles. Brakes and clutch need work.

I am in love with the car but not yet insane about her. Before insanity creeps in, I would like your views on what should be the price that can be negotiated for her. The guy is asking me 1.75lac.

Whats your view?

Thanks a ton!!
Old 30th October 2007, 19:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome aboard star is here. the price quoted according to the description provided by you sounds a tad bit too much. i would say in the 1 or 110 bracket sounds better.

you would get most of the information regarding the mercedes 220 here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...des-220-a.html
Old 30th October 2007, 19:52   #3
BHPian

Thanks Speedy for that response.
I am shocked; simply because I thought the quote by the seller was supposed to be reasonable. I would love to have the car at a much lower price but the seller doesnt budge. He doesnt even want to sell it for 1.65lac.
Is 115 model becoming extinct or there are plenty available? I want to drive it regularly for about 40 km a day (150 km a week). Do you think it can take that?
Do you think I should wait for another model if the seller doesnt take his price lower?

Thanks again for welcoming me. I appreciate it.
Old 30th October 2007, 20:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

GAAA!!! another 115!!! what is with these things these days!!
great car for starting a collection i think dude. Try to bargain the price to less than 1.5lac.Try to post pics if possible! All the best! Seems to be raining mercs, rite speedy??
Old 6th November 2007, 11:08   #5
BHPian

Whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_is_here View Post
I am shocked; simply because I thought the quote by the seller was supposed to be reasonable. I would love to have the car at a much lower price but the seller doesnt budge. He doesnt even want to sell it for 1.65lac.
Is 115 model becoming extinct or there are plenty available? I want to drive it regularly for about 40 km a day (150 km a week). Do you think it can take that?
Do you think I should wait for another model if the seller doesnt take his price lower?

Please do not push the car everyday unless you have a mechanic and part seller sitting at your home.
Old 6th November 2007, 12:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Please do not push the car everyday unless you have a mechanic and part seller sitting at your home.
A 115, if well maintained, should run almost as good/as good as a 123, and we all know how much it can take! I dont see why the diesel models 240D and 220D can do long distances.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check out this video
The car stood 13 years on a field un sheltered in snow and sun. First start.

Old 6th November 2007, 13:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

the quote by the seller is not reasonable at all. the 115 you cant say that there are plenty available but they sure are not extinct. i know three such cars that are for sale. always remember that it is a buyers market and not a sellers. you could give your quote according to what you think and the owner will return your call.
the car if restored perfectly can be driven much more than that i have a w123 that i drive almost a 100km a day and a friend with the 115 drives it to pune and has never had a problem with it. i think you should wait and not take a desicion in a haste, you might regret later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
i dont know where you get your information from supercars. a prestine mercedes of any year can be driven with ease and tension free. none of my mercedeses have been to the garage after they were restored. they are hassle free cars unlike the myth that some people have that they demand work all the time.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hello there,

I am in the process of acquiring a classic car since a few months. Recently, I got introduced to a beauty. Her specs are W115 220D and 1975 is the year she was made. It is a RHD with original interiors and cosmetics. The car has fine curves and that implies it should not be accident prone. The paint work is satisfactory. The interiors although fair need some thorough cleaning to get that nice sheen. AC is defunct and needs to be repaired. Tyres are new.
I took a test ride and she was smooth, no hassles. Brakes and clutch need work.

I am in love with the car but not yet insane about her. Before insanity creeps in, I would like your views on what should be the price that can be negotiated for her. The guy is asking me 1.75lac.

Whats your view?

Thanks a ton!!

Seems, to be too high. There was a W115, 1975 LHD imported single owner car for sale in Bangalore. The owner was asking for 75,000 and I had negotiated for 60,000 and he took some time to decide and by the time he called I had invested the money else where and could not buy.

The price quoted by you seems to be very high, though the car I am referring needs some cosmetic works.

Let me know if you are interested and I shall check if the car is still available.

Thanks

Srisha
Old 6th November 2007, 13:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi star. Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay while here. It is not uncommon for a person to ask unusually high prices for older cars. If the car is in mint condition i would urge you to go and get it as these cars are getting more and mre difficult to find nowdays. If the car is in fair condition then anything between 1-1.50 should be a god buy. If it has a lot of body work then it is best left alone lest you have a good...sorry... very good tin guy. Last but not the least, without pics and a good close up of the plates under the hood one can not be able to comment on the aspect you have been trying to get an answer for. Please post pics to get some fair advice from the forum.
Old 7th November 2007, 11:25   #11
BHPian

Thanks Speedy, JayD, Srisha, V-16 and all you guys who support and guide me in this endeavour to own a 115. I am a car enthusiast, but I don't know much when it comes to classic and vintage ones.

I get your point now that the selling price is a bit high. After your replies, I tried fixing up a price much lower than what he was quoting at 1.50(max), but the lowest that guy could come was 1.65l. I did'nt give in and hence I have'nt heard from him since then.

I am still on a look out for a similar diesel car (since it would be economical to drive around). Hope I receive a call from somewhere.

Thanks friends!
Old 7th November 2007, 15:13   #12
BHPian

Hi star,

Found these two for sale at autox.in, asking price for W123 is 90,000/-.

Welcome to Autoxchange - The Ultimate Car Marketplace

Mods - not masking the reg.no,the pics have been taken from autox.in
Old 7th November 2007, 15:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

That 115 belongs to a Skoda dealer of Delhi & has been painted by Pandit & Co. The car is in good condition, if someone needs I can find out the real history & condition details of the car.
Old 7th November 2007, 16:01   #14
BHPian

Simply fantastic, I must say. The registration number suggests that these are from North India (Delhi & Haryana). So in that case, the rust factor would be low.
How much is the quote for 115?
@iRaghav, can you pls get me the history of the car. Thanks dude.

Also, are these two stunners running on diesel?

Cheers!
Old 7th November 2007, 16:09   #15
BHPian

I called the dealer (Silver tone motors) and he is quoting 9lac for that blue 115. That's steep ain't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks