Team-BHP - 1956 Mercedes 190 d
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   1956 Mercedes 190 d (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/33568-1956-mercedes-190-d.html)

here are a few pictures of my mercedes 190 d :-----

ah! beautiful car mate!
1 question, in the second pic doesn't the rear wheel seem too close t the body??

Doesn't it have front trafficators?

I'm a great fan of old Mercs. I would like to pick one and do it up when i could afford it. I like the vertical headlamp models, don't know the correct model designation.

Edit: Yes i see the front trafficators over the front fender.

are you sure its a 56 dude..the taillamps look like they are from 57 and after model...i have smaller tailights on my 56 model...post more pics of the interior...she's a beautyclap: finally we may have a ponton thread going

the number is very familiar, was this manjit dayals car at any point of time?

Aha! So this one goes to Pandit & Co.!! Nice car, well maintained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 670584)
finally we may have a ponton thread going

Great idea. Heres one of the best ones Ive seen so far. Do tell us more about the restoration.

The car looks awesome in this colour
it looks like the original shade of that time

but isnt it supposed to be in matt finish

its looks like metallc finish or maybe its polished well

Great car v10 and in great shape. Only the two tone upholstery needs to be looked into. I would suggest that you contact The Mole as his is one of the best restored pontons I have ever seen. He also is an authority on pontons. Im sure hel help you if any help is needed.

yes this was manjit dayal's car.

And sorry its a 1958 model.

here is a pic of the interior ..... love the colour...

and one more of the wheel......

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 670766)
The car looks awesome in this colour
it looks like the original shade of that time

but isnt it supposed to be in matt finish

its looks like metallc finish or maybe its polished well

it is the original colour for this car, All pontons have colour plate which is found on the inner right fender along with the chassis plate.my car was a DB 353 (Hellblau Met), which was also confirmed by my car's Data card which I managed to aquire from Mercedes Benz in Stutgart. Pontons had only three metaliic shades Lt Blue, Strawberry Red and Met Green. They were special colours or options. The colour during restoration was made by standox formerly Herbert Paint company a original paint supplier for Mercedes at that time along with Glasurit. I do have copies of the original colour charts which i will post tomorrow for your reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 670744)
Great idea. Heres one of the best ones Ive seen so far. Do tell us more about the restoration.

give me a day karl, i need to retreive some of the data, its on my hard disk in office.I will put it up tomorrow.

Mod's Note: Do not quote the entire message if you do not need it. This is more so for image heavy posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 671873)
give me a day karl, i need to retreive some of the data, its on my hard disk in office.I will put it up tomorrow.

clap: Yipee!! Im waiting to see this post. Way to go Amol.

@V10- Aha! so this was the ex Manjit Dayal car which was being advertised for quite some time. I believe his cars are restored well. Do tell us the whole episode on how you found the car and then what led you to buy it. It would make an interesting post to read i think.:)

the cars going to be displayed at the auto expo.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by v10 (Post 681799)
the cars going to be displayed at the auto expo.........

Are you serious.....