Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 09:23   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Didn't anyone notice the copper brown/orange 115 that Abishek drives in the song 'tere Bina'??
Yup that too. Looked a bit shabby. Now lets get back on track, I think there was a seperate thread where we discussed cars in 'Guru'.
Old 21st May 2008, 04:10   #32

Hey i'm a benz lover and i'm a technician for a benz dealer in canada. w116 is a very strong and reliable car. I own a 1996 w140 s500, a 1984 w126 turbodiesel and a 1967 w110 200diesel. Most parts are avaliable for the 116 and 126 easily. Try on ebay and also you can order parts online from a store in the USA. Its called autohausaz.com and the prices are very reasonable and they deliver by mail.
Also i'm planning to return to india soon and would like to bring my 1967 200d.
Are there any restrictions on importing a lhd car under transfer of residence Any advice/suggestions from all you friends is greatly appreciated
I'm a new member here and would gladly help any body with any technical concerns to the best of my ability.
cheers
I'm gonna post pics soon as i figure out how this is done
krismb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2008, 09:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2008 at 12:39.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well..well, as all of us know, nothing happens on time here. I went all charged up to get my car from the Garage but as the place is being handed over to a developer, my car could not be removed from its parking place owing to a JCB parked right outside the gate where my car is parked.
Anyways there was also a few small jobs not taken care of which is being handled on war footing now. Guess the car should take about 3-4 days more to get out. I give it a week owing to IST (where I= Indian)

The external fittings have been all put to place. The carpet is going in by the day after. The car looked in great nick and I cant wiat to get into it and crank.
I will have to send it to Gujarat for the final touches and have asked my friend to come here next week. More on that later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismb View Post
Hey i'm a benz lover and i'm a technician for a benz dealer in canada. w116 is a very strong and reliable car. I own a 1996 w140 s500, a 1984 w126 turbodiesel and a 1967 w110 200diesel. Most parts are avaliable for the 116 and 126 easily. Try on ebay and also you can order parts online from a store in the USA. Its called autohausaz.com and the prices are very reasonable and they deliver by mail.
Also i'm planning to return to india soon and would like to bring my 1967 200d.
Are there any restrictions on importing a lhd car under transfer of residence Any advice/suggestions from all you friends is greatly appreciated
I'm a new member here and would gladly help any body with any technical concerns to the best of my ability.
cheers
I'm gonna post pics soon as i figure out how this is done
Hi and welcome to Team-Bhp. A Benz lover and technician amongst us is a great inclusion.
regarding your bringing the 200D Heckflosse, I doubt that will be allowed. I will
still enquire and get back to you on this one. There is also a restriction in bringing cars older than a certain amount of years. Please give me a few days to find out the details and I wil PM you re that.
Thanks for offering your much required advice. I will take you up on that one.
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

but where are the photos sir?
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
but where are the photos sir?
Sorry boss, the only pics I have right now are the ones that I have posted earlier on the thread. I didnt get any further pics the other day as due to the construction work there was a lot of dust around there and my car was covered. I didnt want to get dust on my car by uncovering it just for a pic. Am going there again tomorrow or the day after, when I will get some more pics and post them.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Sirji it has been a long time now do you have the photo's, now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Sorry boss, the only pics I have right now are the ones that I have posted earlier on the thread. I didnt get any further pics the other day as due to the construction work there was a lot of dust around there and my car was covered. I didnt want to get dust on my car by uncovering it just for a pic. Am going there again tomorrow or the day after, when I will get some more pics and post them.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:03   #38

hi all. I'm really new to this. Couldn't help admiring your star. What i can't imagine is how it took you 4 yrs to rebuild her and not exactly from scratch.
Parts for this series are easily available especially in delhi and Mumbai and that i know for a fact. It would take a maximum of 4-6 months to do all the work in my view point. I guess the next take you do undertake a restoration keep that in mind.

Note from mod: Post edited. Please go through announcement section and follow rules properly. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th July 2008 at 13:18.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:57   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakul Pandit View Post
What i can't imagine is how it took you 4 yrs to rebuild her and not exactly from scratch.
Parts for this series are easily available especially in delhi and Mumbai and that i know for a fact. It would take a maximum of 4-6 months to do all the work in my view point. I guess the next take you do undertake a restoration keep that in mind.
There are many factors we take into consideration before working on an older car, only one of which is parts availabilty. Time available with the owner, priority over other pending projects, capability and more importantly commintemnt of workshop personnel, budget considerations etc all have an important role to play as well. Ideally everything goes according to the plan we chalk out at the start, but very rarely does this translate to practicality.
Old 28th July 2008, 14:04   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There are many factors we take into consideration before working on an older car, only one of which is parts availabilty. Time available with the owner, priority over other pending projects, capability and more importantly commintemnt of workshop personnel, budget considerations etc all have an important role to play as well. Ideally everything goes according to the plan we chalk out at the start, but very rarely does this translate to practicality.
Tell me about it!! the LHD with almost no body work took three months to complete!! And lest we forget about MRY 3112 which took almost 61/2 months to complete..

Gogi, can we have a dedicated thread on your Mercs?? Especially the one i have been in!!
Old 28th July 2008, 15:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43
Especially the one i have been in!!
If I am not wrong, eagle-eyed BHPians can get a sneak peek @Team-BHP itself.
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:19   #42
BHPian

I own a similar W116 450SEL L.H.D COLUMN SHIFT .i read about your experiences to transport your car from chennai to mumbai by road . the prevous owner was a good friend of mine unfortunately he is no more . he bought the car from a dealer , the actual was Mr. Vijay Amrithraj . I also face the similar problem with my engine it is missing ! can you help me out to sort out the missing? my email id is sheriff.cars@gmail.com
Old 19th May 2009, 11:58   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogiji - when does she get the final touches?
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:09   #44
BHPian

Bumping this thread!
Old 6th August 2014, 22:19   #45
BHPian

Re: The Restoration of a Mercedes W116.

Did everyone just forget this thread / car ? This car must have been completed long ago and final pics are long overdue Mr. Gogi. :-)
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks