Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 20:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Alright it was originally just Mini so have changed the title to that
Old 28th May 2008, 22:41   #32
BHPian

A lovely car you have. Looks really good. Just a suggestion, why don't you add a light blue rim protector.It will complete the look, you are trying to achieve. Most of the modded previous gen mini's had them.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:54   #33
BHPian

More Pics

Check out this post. It has engine pics too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/827383-post465.html
Old 29th May 2008, 10:07   #34
BHPian

Hey buddy is this the same COOPER which I saw at a Lamington Road Garage near Naaz Theatre.....been carefully restored inch by inch,also i read on the parts " MADE in ENGLAND " and there is one silver color fiat with some serious levels of Engine mods..I think its a Parsi owned garage,I have seen many exotic vintage cars there.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Forgiven, but is that a genuine Cooper too?
Me thinks, not ! cheers:
Old 29th May 2008, 17:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Cuuuuuuute!!
That's not a Mini, it's a Mini Cooper, the racing version.
How much would it cost?
Old 29th May 2008, 18:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugatti_86 View Post
Hey buddy is this the same COOPER which I saw at a Lamington Road Garage near Naaz Theatre.....been carefully restored inch by inch,also i read on the parts " MADE in ENGLAND " and there is one silver color fiat with some serious levels of Engine mods..I think its a Parsi owned garage,I have seen many exotic vintage cars there.
Yes thats the same garage and the same car. The Fiat in question is the Turbo Charged one that embarrassed many a powerful car on the speed run

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

@ jacs- I think she is not a Cooper.
Please clear our doubts navs123, as IMHO the cooper came with a dual exhaust in the centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Forgiven, but is that a genuine Cooper too?
I think not. With no intention to argue or prove a point, i make this post based purely on facts that i have scrutinized and come to the conclusion that No, its not a Mini Cooper for sure.
Below, find the basis of my claim.

Firstly lets get the Model right on this wonderfully restored car. Its a Morris Mini Minor Gen-I/Mark-I Mini made from 1959-1967. The cooper came in from 1961 onwards.
So I assume we are in concurrence that this is definately a Mark-I, owing to the rear windows (the Mark-II had bigger rear windows) the steering wheel, door handles etc.
Now to see why its not a Cooper.
The Cooper was introduced in 1961 pushing out 997 bhp as compared to a 848 stock mini and 55 bhp as compared to a normal 34 bhp metted up with a close ratio gearbox.
The main distinguishing visible factors to note are;
1) All Coopers had Front Disc brakes which this car does not have in addiytion to,
2) Twin SU carbs which this car does not also have

There are so many other distinguishing parameters all related to body panel and badge placement but then this post would be really lengthy and is not required.
Also the rear cooper badge is not how it came. It said Austin Cooper.
Also another point which im not too sure about is that Mark-I cars never came with flared wheels. This was an option available from the Mark-II
IMHO, this car must have toggle switches not pull ones which seem to be borrowed from the ambassador.
What is commendable and needs to be lauded is that the car has been given a new lease of life, maybe at the cost of originality but even abroad, a lot of people are confused about what is right or not, much like ourselves.
This is a hot looking car and with the proposed add-ons that the proud owner is thinking of, it will be even hotter.
All the best my friend, do keep us informed as and when the process takes place...in the meanwhile, enjoy the car.
Take a bow Kaizad.!!
Old 29th May 2008, 19:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Im posting my cousin's immaculate Mini Automatic (yes there were rare automatics available from 1965) just as a reference point. This car is i suppose a Mark IV.
The different dashes of the Mark-1 and the Mark-IV

Check out this Classic Mini (Restored & Modified)-dsc03331.jpg
Check out this Classic Mini (Restored & Modified)-morris-mini-minor-dash1959.jpg

Notice the water drain channel which is full and goes right upto the add on wheel arch flare
As compared to the one on the blue car where the channel stops abruptly. I wonder why.
Also the petrol filler mouth on the left wing. It always came on the right wing until 1966 after which it came on the left wing. In the car in question, the filler seems to be missing from both sides, or cant be seen on the right.

Check out this Classic Mini (Restored & Modified)-dsc03334.jpg
Check out this Classic Mini (Restored & Modified)-dsc03344.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Check out this Classic Mini (Restored & Modified)-dsc03336.jpg  

V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2008, 20:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Cooper was introduced in 1961 pushing out 997 bhp as compared to a 848 stock mini and 55 bhp as compared to a normal 34 bhp metted up with a close ratio gearbox.
Wow Gogi bhai! That's a Veyron beater for sure!!

Thanks for the informative post though!
Old 30th May 2008, 16:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Originally Posted by V-16

Wow Gogi bhai! That's a Veyron beater for sure!!

Thanks for the informative post though!
Uh-oh!! Mistake mistake!!
Imagine a Mini eating a Veyron on the drags!!
I meant the Cooper pushing out 55 bhp from 997 cc as compared to the stock mini 848 cc pushing out 34 bhp.
Old 30th May 2008, 21:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Im posting my cousin's immaculate Mini Automatic (yes there were rare automatics available from 1965) just as a reference point. This car is i suppose a Mark IV.
The different dashes of the Mark-1 and the Mark-IV

Notice the water drain channel which is full and goes right upto the add on wheel arch flare
As compared to the one on the blue car where the channel stops abruptly. I wonder why.
Also the petrol filler mouth on the left wing. It always came on the right wing until 1966 after which it came on the left wing. In the car in question, the filler seems to be missing from both sides, or cant be seen on the right.
That is a really neat car, Any more pictures would be welcome!

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st May 2008 at 11:06. Reason: quote fixed
Old 8th June 2008, 03:25   #42

mini maniac

hey fellas i have a red 1971 mini with a cooper s engine i imported and a lot of original fittings...the only thing old is the chassis and the shell i have imported everything including all rubbers suspension windscreen dash etcetc plus the uk 13*7 alloys and the original wide wheel arches ,engine,door channels,lights,steering,adjustable susupension, axles, disc brakes, fuel tank and caps etc etc.

if anyone need brand new spares for mini i have some i could give away.
all spares are original and brand new. i also have a 1000 engine.

plus i would be really happy if someone could help me find another mini. i really want 3 minis in total i have one already and am looking for 2 minis in any condition with or without the engine.
if anyone wants to sell or has any information i am a ready buyer.thankx
cheers
kanwar
ph 9810888288
Old 8th June 2008, 22:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwargaurav View Post
hey fellas i have a red 1971 mini with a cooper s engine i imported and a lot of original fittings...the only thing old is the chassis and the shell i have imported everything including all rubbers suspension windscreen dash etcetc plus the uk 13*7 alloys and the original wide wheel arches ,engine,door channels,lights,steering,adjustable susupension, axles, disc brakes, fuel tank and caps etc etc.

if anyone need brand new spares for mini i have some i could give away.
all spares are original and brand new. i also have a 1000 engine.

plus i would be really happy if someone could help me find another mini. i really want 3 minis in total i have one already and am looking for 2 minis in any condition with or without the engine.
if anyone wants to sell or has any information i am a ready buyer.thankx
cheers
kanwar
ph 9810888288

Hope you don't mind my asking this, but if you are looking for two more Minis (even without the engine) with such certainity, why would you want to part with the spare parts and engine in your inventory?
Old 8th June 2008, 23:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Hope you don't mind my asking this, but if you are looking for two more Minis (even without the engine) with such certainity, why would you want to part with the spare parts and engine in your inventory?
My guess is he has a rather huuuuuge inventory !! Some guys have all the luck !
Old 12th June 2008, 10:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

@V-16, Thanks for the detailed clarification.cheers:

@navs123, Whatz the latest updates? Its ready?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks