Team-BHP - My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/47423-my-57-hindustan-landmaster-restoration-edit-project-complete-pics-pg-11-a-11.html)

Wokaaay!!! The baby's finally done! Had a great photoshoot today morning, and I must say, this thing really grabs attention!!clap:

Here are some pix!

The finish looks to be excellent! Great job! :)

BTW, are you going to be fitting the original horn ring?
Couldn't make out in the pics, but is the floor mounted dipper switch there?

Also, shouldn't the steering column not be in body colour? It always used to be that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1172873)
The finish looks to be excellent! Great job! :)

BTW, are you going to be fitting the original horn ring?
Couldn't make out in the pics, but is the floor mounted dipper switch there?

Thanks a lot anup! Few landy's came without a horn ring(I guess the last batch) and this car is one of them.

The car still has the original floor dipper, pull starter etc.

Fab pictures, all the hard work gone in shows. Please change the number plates to a period look. Its the only thing amiss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1172876)
Few landy's came without a horn ring(I guess the last batch) and this car is one of them.

I'm not aware of that, JayD! The horn hub assembly looks to be the kind that should have the ring. The small gaps at the ends of the two spokes seem to suggest that. The ring used to get screwed down on the underside of the hub spokes, and this was a very delicate assembly which was highly prone to breakage!

Your car is a pleasure to behold even in pics!

Very well restored JayD. The paint job is awesome and the choice of color too. I would suggest a periodic registration plate. Also some pics with some old tiled houses in the background will be apt for this car.

Congratulations on a very well presented car. All the fresh scratchless fittings really stand out. Wish you many years of happy motoring ahead, and with the advantage of an OHV engine no trouble for spares too:)

A couple of points Id like to share

1. Whether horn ring was offered or not, you must fit one. It looks very classy, and is a pleasure to use.

2. I would paint the steering wheel centre in white as well, not body colour.

3. Do you have the original rear view mirror? Was it common to early Ambys? I have no idea.

4. The LANDMASTER script on either side seems to be misaligned.

5. Get a fresh/new set of headlights with crisp reflectors, it will transform the front end appearence.

6. Period number plates are a must.

Can we have some engine bay shots as well?

Cheers.

Very nice, just beautiful......colour combination is toooooo good

Semaphores, looks like is there,(not sure) it comes with chrome cover.

Congratulations clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1172934)
6. Period number plates are a must.

You mean the original white over black? :)

If only the 'Powers-that-be' listen to us sometimes! :(

BTW JayD, how come there are no sunvisors inside your car?? Surely it did come with those? Would Amby ones be the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 1172954)
You mean the original white over black?

Well ideally yes, but that wasn't what I meant. I am talking about the large numbers bolted on. Usually during Landmaster period the letters would be smaller than the numbers.

You should also look for a nice period sunvisor, they look great on a Landmaster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1172959)
Well ideally yes, but that wasn't what I meant. I am talking about the large numbers bolted on. Usually during Landmaster period the letters would be smaller than the numbers.

Ohh yes, the larger numbers/digits! stupid:

JayD, this should've been pointed out to the numberplate painter. I might add that painting them in the "stencil" style would give just the right period finish toyour car- I manged to find just one guy who agreed to do this on my pennant.

Thanks a lot for the appreciation guys, glad you all like it!
The numberplate i've got now is of the same type that was used here in the old days. A metal plate with thick font painted on it. The plastic type was not too common here, but now am planning to get one done like one in the pix Karl has posted.

How i wish we could still drive around with the black plates!

Thanks for pointing out the misaligned font, they will be corrected at the earliest.

There were sunvisors in the car originally, but due to some confusion at the upholstery shop, they were misplaced. A new set will be made soon.

Also, a period external sunshade will be fitted tomorrow.

regarding the horn ring, can anyone help me in procuring a set??

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1172902)
The horn hub assembly looks to be the kind that should have the ring. ...this was a very delicate assembly which was highly prone to breakage!

Your car is a pleasure to behold even in pics!

agree:. Beautifully done up overall. But the chrome horn ring is supposed to be there. Please check with some member at Kolkata to see if it can be sourced from there (the car market at Mullick Bazar).

JayD, the car looks absolutely clean and beautiful. Congrats, buddy. :thumbs up

What a beautiful colour, looks really beautiful.clap: what is this colour called in the paint chart?

I am infatiated by your landy, dont worry you'll have plenty of time to keep adding all the missing bits, in some of my cars its taken more than three years to find all the original bits and pieces. That should'nt stop you from enjoying this lovely car.