Team-BHP - My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/47423-my-57-hindustan-landmaster-restoration-edit-project-complete-pics-pg-11-a.html)

As a few bhp-ians already know,Its been almost 2 months since i've acquired a 1957 Landy. The car was in running condition, but needed some urgent mechanical work. Also, the paint was really bad.

Work Done so far:

Complete brake overhaul.(The car came with ZERO brakes!!)

Some suspension work.

The carb was not working properly, was fixed, but still has some issues, so may change it.

The car is in the paintshop right now, getting a full strip down paintjob done on it.

Work pending:

Planning to completely redo the interiors, flooring etc.
Completely redo the electricals.(The wiring in it is a total mess now)
The steering column makes some noise on rough roads.

I'm currently wondering what colour to paint her in. Black landys are too common, and i am not too interested in any shade of red, and metallic colours are a strict No-no. I'd like to keep this car in its 'period' look!

Am leaning towards a shade of light green, but not yet decided on it.
Guys, i need all your inputs and valuable suggestions for this project!:) PLs chip in with your ideas and inputs.

Our resident Photoshop expert badboyscad has already done some of his magic on the car. The pix will be up shortly.

deja vu!

We need to start hoarding up on Land spares in Cochin.

Dyou still want that sidevalve engine for your "Beast" (every car is a 'beast' these days, why not the Landmaster? :D )

Karl had posted a car with a lovely shade of green (period look) on my original thread. Wanna try that out?

OT - will you have time to babysit Land 1 through its final touches while you still have this one on your hands?

A dark blue will make it look good. One comment is the present paint color gives it a very period feel. Hope your project gets done without much hassles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1014880)
deja vu!

We need to start hoarding up on Land spares in Cochin.

Dyou still want that sidevalve engine for your "Beast" (every car is a 'beast' these days, why not the Landmaster? :D )

Karl had posted a car with a lovely shade of green (period look) on my original thread. Wanna try that out?

OT - will you have time to babysit Land 1 through its final touches while you still have this one on your hands?

Heh heh!! Am spare hunting left right and center in coimby!!:D

Yess!!! i am still really interested in the sidevalve engine, waiting for more details from u!!
With that engine, i'll have to look out for a more gentle name though!!Coz in the company of 1(2??) wild landys, my car is gonna be the pup!!lol:

Even i am interested in that green, but unfortunately, he has no more pix of it. Also, the car is going to be painted in a non metallic colour, so guess can go for a gloss variety of the same colour. Some PS work has already been done, will be uploading the pix soon.

Reg Land1, Definitely i'll be able to look after it! My car is in the paintshop, and of course, the more the merrier!!

This one is nice JayD. How about a green and ivory two tone?

i know you are going for that old school look whereas my honest opinions/suggestions would go for a toss. because all i can say is to go with "black"&*bling* hehe!

hey, are those OE whitewalls or DIY :D ?

Finally, it's here!
This beauty had been evading up all this time.

Let me congratulate you first bro. I'm sure you're going to take very good care of it (do I have to say this?).

Regarding the colour,
I also vote for the retro green. Something similar to the shade of that Plymouth (remember?).

im uploading some photoshopped pics on behalf of JayD

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-land1.jpg
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-land2.jpg
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-land3.jpg
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-land4.jpg

For those who think bling is king:D:
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-lan-bl1.jpg
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-landy-purples.jpg

Too much metal, BBS. Wont look period with all that shine. The alloys on the last one look YUM, though. I'd like those for mine :D

Not sure what the term is - is it 'pastel' that we're looking for?

Congrats on your purchase Jay. To your advantage, by now you'll be having a good knowledge of do's and don'ts while restoring her.
Go for the purple one with alloys...that way you'll be the coolest "beast" in town. :)

Dear Steeroid - you see the cream colour on the TATA ACE these days - a little lighter shade than that would be great. Toss it around and see if you like it. The interiors must match. Another choice would be the "pearl ash" of the original 1972 model Premier President. It will go well with the original dashboard (requesting Karl to post a photo in this colour).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1014956)
Too much metal, BBS. Wont look period with all that shine. The alloys on the last one look YUM, though. I'd like those for mine :D

Not sure what the term is - is it 'pastel' that we're looking for?

i tried reducing the shine, but the base pic has too much luminance.

My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-land-sh.jpg

the pastel paintjob too would look metallic under some lighting conditions
example:
My '57 Hindustan Landmaster Restoration. EDIT : Project complete. PICS on pg.11-130_0509_03zhonda_civicside_view.jpg

Hey! Glad that you like it guys, As steer said, im looking for a 'pastel' effect.
There will be no bling syuff on the car, except for lots of shiny chrome!:)

The whilewalls were like this when i got it! Guess its a DIY!!:D will be getting the real deal soon.

Meanwhile here are some pix of the interiors.

In the above pic, notice that there is no horn ring, and neither is there any space to put one in. But all the lands i've seen have a horn ring.(Except Myo 666,the grey one). Does anybody have any info on this??