Team-BHP - Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/61909-lets-talk-italiano-my-vespa-1964-a-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1787127)
Bala,next time when we meet,I shall show you the Vespa colours that came on original models.

Wow! thats wonderful sir, I want to see how they look as I am in plan to give a change of colour to my scooter which I named "flying sparrow" the she moves. Infact I named most of my vehicles to share it My 1967 jawa's name is "silver arrow" My jeep's name is "willie" my splendor is "metal wonder", GTS has anyways a famous name "bobby" so didnt choose any, My 64 royal enfield is called "Royal" and the new commer bullet 2009 i am thinking of "Wanderer".

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 1787440)
I missed this thread when it was created. Seeing the photos I pine for my father's Vespa purchased in 1969. It was acquired after moving up a waiting list !! Chocolate. It served us intially at Jabalpur and then shifted base to Calicut-Bangalore-Trichur. Father was getting irritated when the scooter got one of its spares replaced by a Bajaj spare ( it was pilferage as original part was working). He was in two minds to sell it off and suddenly a businessman pounced on him with ready cash. I think he sold it off for Rs. 5000 in 1979. He regretted his decision to sell, probably immediately and we all felt we have lost a member of the family.

My other scooter story was similar to yours emkay that is one of the reasons this one is so dear to me. whenever I am in low mood I try to drive the "flying sparrow" trust me its brings a smile unknowingly on my face because of her zippy attitude, feel flying nature and short turning radius I just love/enjoy/reliunquish on the Italian beauty. To thank all what it has been doing I am plainng to get her to the top notch condition (as it is now) however it deserves PICTURE PERFECT look along with his friend LAMBY 150.

An early Vespa is seen here - hard to miss!

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-vespa.jpg

need GUTS to ride THIS ONE... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1817188)
An early Vespa is seen here - hard to miss!

need GUTS to ride THIS ONE... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

wow it must be post 63 model and still in a great shape but, what wrong with the colour :Shockked:.

I am also looking for the similar kind of dome gaurds cum foot rest for my scooter, I see a lot of scooters in Mumbai, Banglore and even in Chennai have them to the scooters.

Can anyone tell me about Vespa Sprint, I have come across an pure Italian make which is kept aside and needs restoration. Its 50 or 90 cc I'm not sure, it still has the long seat (original spring one) I am looking forward for the owner to reach (damn network not connecting).

Gurus can you please provide information along with pictures.

Bala..Is this Vespa Sprint up for Sale?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1817656)
Bala..Is this Vespa Sprint up for Sale?

Yes sir, its up for sale but with a CONDITION/CLAUSE :D, I need to tell you a short story here.

This scooter belongs to my brother childhood cricket coach who was using it regularly and due course of time gave it to a mechanic for painting and top of engine that guy kept it aside due to his inability of doing these types of engine, later uncle got fedup and gave it someone else to repeat the same story (here there is a some contribution from the uncle as he was not pressurising the mechanic or being negligent) as he had a brand new cheatak then. He left the scooter at a friends place here and went out of station to live with his son.

One day we met and I asked him about the scooter and expressed my wish to restore it then he said he wanted to restore it and wanted my help, time passed by and one lucky day he called me and said take the scooter and get it restored and use it :I Rule:But as in every story there is a twist in this story as well the CONDITION here is the scooter should be restored and he wanted to drive whenever he is here for couple of days (That's the condition/clause i was telling)

I shall bring the scooter tomorrow as i am little tied up today and sure will post some pictures of that little Italian.

Hi Scooter folks, I am here with an Idea! how about a little romance on a sunday? i.e., a Vespa/bajaj ride? its been long time (atleast for me) have driven my sweet hearts long.

Please do post your agreement along with your names and we shall decide up the big day.

Cheers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2006146)
Hi Scooter folks, I am here with an Idea! how about a little romance on a sunday? i.e., a Vespa/bajaj ride? its been long time (atleast for me) have driven my sweet hearts long.

Please do post your agreement along with your names and we shall decide up the big day.

Cheers!!

This is an excellent idea.
Lets plan this tentativly for 22nd August as the next 2 Sundays are full with APMSC Rally (8th Aug) and DHAA Rally(15th Aug).
We surely have a bunch of Scooter enthusiasts.
I reckon we should invite the following Brands :
1.Lambretta / Lamby
2.Vespa
3.Priya
4.Bajaj (early 80s Chetaks)
5.Vijay / Allwyn Pushpak
For a period fit,lets exclude LML Vespas.

Im sure Suren,Shiva and Myself will be ready with our Vespas
Here is the confirmed List:
1. Bala - Vespa 150
2.Hillram - Lambretta Li 150
3.Suren - Vespa 150
4.Shiva - Vespa 150

Incidentally above 4 are Fiat lovers too !!!clap:

Absolutely okay Ram, how about your Wasp? can someone drive her, you have a rappot of duo role in FCCH (select and delight) like wise have it here also.

I am sure the drive for the participants and lookers will be treat. I am thankful to your guys who all are "True sport" and nice to have you around. 22nd is absolutely okay. All we need to do is to decide upon a place where all can also have some breakfast/lunch at their own/participants cost.

Folks please get your babies ready for 22nd, we all shall have fun. I am having a feel of butterflies in my stomach.

Good Bala,
Nice to see ur thread on Vespa. Good pictures of 'flying sparrow'.
There was one more model named 'Vespa PL170'. It was similar to sprint. One of my friend was having during my engg. days. We've travelled a lot on PL170. Almost 4 years he and we were using that. It was so slim n trim scooter with three gears, indicators and reached upto 80-90 km/hr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkale2 (Post 2011822)
Good Bala,
Nice to see ur thread on Vespa. Good pictures of 'flying sparrow'.
There was one more model named 'Vespa PL170'. It was similar to sprint. One of my friend was having during my engg. days. We've travelled a lot on PL170. Almost 4 years he and we were using that. It was so slim n trim scooter with three gears, indicators and reached upto 80-90 km/hr.

Thanks NVKale saab, I love my sparrow, she gives me nothing but JOY in return. I will take you for a spin on it.

Yes PL170 I remember and my fav is the flat handled one. I stand a chance of a true Italian sprint however I am unable to get in touch with the owner :Frustrati. These tiny tots are really powerful as you said they can even cross the 80-90 speed limit. Its been so long these babies are out of sight, I was offered a very good condition PL170 with all the original fittings, lamps, etc however without RC book which eventually I had to refuse. No worries better luck next time.

Guys I request all the VESPA/LAMBRETTA users to gear up for a lovely drive soon after 15th Aug rally, we shall revive the roads with these beauties once again bringing back the sweet memories of yester years to many of our Hyderabadis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2020833)

Guys I request all the VESPA/LAMBRETTA users to gear up for a lovely drive soon after 15th Aug rally, we shall revive the roads with these beauties once again bringing back the sweet memories of yester years to many of our Hyderabadis.

Classic Scooter meet is scheduled for August 22nd.
I will soon start a thread.

Coming Soon...

CLASSIC SCOOTER CLUB OF HYDERABAD (CSCH)

or

VESPA AND LAMBRETTA SCOOTER CLUB OF HYDERABAD (V&LSCH)

lol: :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkale2 (Post 2011822)

Here is a Vespa retro scoot that is inspired by the slim PL170.

Thanks Mpower for sharing the picture. I really don't understand why the Vespas have not come to the Indian markets unlike Harleys, Suzuki, Honda's etc. They can have some kind of licence or tie up to do business or even setup assembly line out here, Indian consumers are looking for geared and autogeared scooters, as even ready for waiting period for a brand which even takes more than 3 months to deliver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2025760)
Here is a Vespa retro scoot that is inspired by the slim PL170.

Is this a gearless scoot btw? And yes, as chanu says, they should enter our market, hope they do soon!