Team-BHP - Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/61909-lets-talk-italiano-my-vespa-1964-a-4.html)

Bala nice to see your restoration for the next HCSC meet.
Incidentally yesterday when i was strolling in Paris,I hit upon a shop which was selling vintage stuff.I picked up this Vespa die cast model.Its simply awesome.

Good stuff Ram, why not make a original one like this. Yes I mean it. We both shall try out this. What say?

Ram sir I was talking about these beauties, personally I love the silver as silver has been always my preferred ones.

Bala..I will give this incarnation to my LML Vespa 150 NV when it turns 25 years in 2014.

Great Ram sir, your faithfull scooter deserves it so start shopping for your darling because it's going to be hard then. Good news atleast for me is that LML is coming back with 4 stroke engines, I want to book one then else I am looking for a scooter meanwhile and will start as soon as I find a scooter of my choice. I am unable to decide if it should be a old model (70's) Cheatak or LML and in LML should I prefer the older ones or NV Spl which I am more inclined but not sure if I will get it.

Today finally the other parts went for buffing, zinc and chrome. Initially I was planning to chrome few aluminium parts to give a rich appeal but few of my well wishers refrained me to do so hence going back to buffing but I don't want to thinner the metal, then the chrome plating company owner said he would not do the chemical, wire brush process but would just run the buffing cloth which will shine the part but not thinner the parts.

The scooter would be finished by next friday and also the buffing parts, I am not confident with their promise as it will delay further but still fine as long as the work is done fine.

Sorry folks for not posting anything here as the scooter is put aside for couple of weeks as I am due for my piligrimage and to add on I fell sick but 2011 you will witness my pink sparrow will shaping up spick and span.

Phew!! alas the assembling has begun, I was pretty upset with the way things were going till now with my Sparrow, but now extremely happy with the way things are moving, my friend who is a skilled mechanic came home and in just 1.5 hours the scooter started shaping up, I am extremely happy guys, I love re assembling vehicles and I am loving every bit on my scoot.

The third snap will show you how my bed and bedroom is converted to a little garage, I am okay but everyone at home are :mad:. He he he!

I hope and wish this progress continues then my babe take her first flight in couple of days. Here are some snaps for your eyes only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2286998)
Phew!! alas the assembling has begun, I was pretty upset with the way things were going till now with my Sparrow, but now extremely happy with the way things are moving, my friend who is a skilled mechanic came home and in just 1.5 hours the scooter started shaping up, I am extremely happy guys, I love re assembling vehicles and I am loving every bit on my scoot.

The third snap will show you how my bed and bedroom is converted to a little garage, I am okay but everyone at home are :mad:. He he he!

Wow, bala! Great to see your Pink Sparrow coming together finally...BTW, why the 'alas'?? That is 'apashakanam' here! lol:

I guess it will be all done by today. I see that the wheel drums and even rims are painted in the same colour, which was correct with respect to Vespas (only bajaj/priyas had them painted grey I guess), glad the painter got it right!

'looking forward to the finished product! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2287075)
Wow, bala! Great to see your Pink Sparrow coming together finally...BTW, why the 'alas'?? That is 'apashakanam' here! lol:

I guess it will be all done by today. I see that the wheel drums and even rims are painted in the same colour, which was correct with respect to Vespas (only bajaj/priyas had them painted grey I guess), glad the painter got it right!

'looking forward to the finished product! clap:

with 'alas' I meant atlast, never knew that its 'apashakunam', sorry for that. Hoping in a day or two the sparrow should be on road, however I take time to get the detailing complete let's say another fortnight.

I wanted the rims, fork to be painted the same as body which my painter objected but that's the way I wanted it. I was not aware then that the Vespas came that way.

The nut & bolts were Zinced which is looking brand new, meanwhile I did assemble the break pedal, front wheel before lunch.

I am also eager to assemble it and have a romantic ride on it. Few more pics for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2287645)
with 'alas' I meant atlast, never knew that its 'apashakunam', sorry for that. Hoping in a day or two the sparrow should be on road, however I take time to get the detailing complete let's say another fortnight.

I wanted the rims, fork to be painted the same as body which my painter objected but that's the way I wanted it. I was not aware then that the Vespas came that way.

The nut & bolts were Zinced which is looking brand new, meanwhile I did assemble the break pedal, front wheel before lunch.

I am also eager to assemble it and have a romantic ride on it. Few more pics for you.

I'm really happy for you Bala that your scooter is now being rebuilt - I know how much you have longed for this moment clap:It is looking beautiful!

Keep the updates and pictures coming my friend :thumbs up

Regards
Ed

Thanks Ed for understanding, I promise I will give you all updated without fail with pictures, your post has boosted my enthusiasm.

Aha! another joyous day for me! My scooter is DONE, yes its DONE today after a painful delay for three months today the scooter was out of my bedroom reassembled in 2 hours.

Few things to complete like the seats, touchup, polishing, monograms, tail lamp etc and my 'Sparrow' will be flying high on roads soon.

Let the pics do the talking. Love to have your comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanu (Post 2295276)
Aha! another joyous day for me! My scooter is DONE, yes its DONE today after a painful delay for three months today the scooter was out of my bedroom reassembled in 2 hours.

Let the pics do the talking. Love to have your comments.

Congrats Bala! Great to see your pink sparrow finally flying out! :thumbs up

I can see a member of your family sharing your enthusiasm in seeing her getting completed.

Yup this lovely chap has extended his help in developing scratches on the scoot, thank god timely rescue by my friend saved it, later changed his mind and started putting the tools back into the box at the end of the day, finally we both got our hands dirty and got our share of coating from respective moms.