Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 16:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Bala nice to see your restoration for the next HCSC meet.
Incidentally yesterday when i was strolling in Paris,I hit upon a shop which was selling vintage stuff.I picked up this Vespa die cast model.Its simply awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-dsc00018.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-dsc00020.jpg  

Old 24th November 2010, 22:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff Ram, why not make a original one like this. Yes I mean it. We both shall try out this. What say?
Old 25th November 2010, 09:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Ram sir I was talking about these beauties, personally I love the silver as silver has been always my preferred ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-7584.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-vespa.jpg  

Old 25th November 2010, 14:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Bala..I will give this incarnation to my LML Vespa 150 NV when it turns 25 years in 2014.
Old 25th November 2010, 23:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Great Ram sir, your faithfull scooter deserves it so start shopping for your darling because it's going to be hard then. Good news atleast for me is that LML is coming back with 4 stroke engines, I want to book one then else I am looking for a scooter meanwhile and will start as soon as I find a scooter of my choice. I am unable to decide if it should be a old model (70's) Cheatak or LML and in LML should I prefer the older ones or NV Spl which I am more inclined but not sure if I will get it.
Old 27th November 2010, 17:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Today finally the other parts went for buffing, zinc and chrome. Initially I was planning to chrome few aluminium parts to give a rich appeal but few of my well wishers refrained me to do so hence going back to buffing but I don't want to thinner the metal, then the chrome plating company owner said he would not do the chemical, wire brush process but would just run the buffing cloth which will shine the part but not thinner the parts.

The scooter would be finished by next friday and also the buffing parts, I am not confident with their promise as it will delay further but still fine as long as the work is done fine.
Old 30th December 2010, 08:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.

Sorry folks for not posting anything here as the scooter is put aside for couple of weeks as I am due for my piligrimage and to add on I fell sick but 2011 you will witness my pink sparrow will shaping up spick and span.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Phew!! alas the assembling has begun, I was pretty upset with the way things were going till now with my Sparrow, but now extremely happy with the way things are moving, my friend who is a skilled mechanic came home and in just 1.5 hours the scooter started shaping up, I am extremely happy guys, I love re assembling vehicles and I am loving every bit on my scoot.

The third snap will show you how my bed and bedroom is converted to a little garage, I am okay but everyone at home are . He he he!

I hope and wish this progress continues then my babe take her first flight in couple of days. Here are some snaps for your eyes only.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0343.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0345.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0347.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0348.jpg  

Last edited by chanu : 22nd March 2011 at 00:58.
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:31   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Phew!! alas the assembling has begun, I was pretty upset with the way things were going till now with my Sparrow, but now extremely happy with the way things are moving, my friend who is a skilled mechanic came home and in just 1.5 hours the scooter started shaping up, I am extremely happy guys, I love re assembling vehicles and I am loving every bit on my scoot.

The third snap will show you how my bed and bedroom is converted to a little garage, I am okay but everyone at home are . He he he!
Wow, bala! Great to see your Pink Sparrow coming together finally...BTW, why the 'alas'?? That is 'apashakanam' here!

I guess it will be all done by today. I see that the wheel drums and even rims are painted in the same colour, which was correct with respect to Vespas (only bajaj/priyas had them painted grey I guess), glad the painter got it right!

'looking forward to the finished product!
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, bala! Great to see your Pink Sparrow coming together finally...BTW, why the 'alas'?? That is 'apashakanam' here!

I guess it will be all done by today. I see that the wheel drums and even rims are painted in the same colour, which was correct with respect to Vespas (only bajaj/priyas had them painted grey I guess), glad the painter got it right!

'looking forward to the finished product!
with 'alas' I meant atlast, never knew that its 'apashakunam', sorry for that. Hoping in a day or two the sparrow should be on road, however I take time to get the detailing complete let's say another fortnight.

I wanted the rims, fork to be painted the same as body which my painter objected but that's the way I wanted it. I was not aware then that the Vespas came that way.

The nut & bolts were Zinced which is looking brand new, meanwhile I did assemble the break pedal, front wheel before lunch.

I am also eager to assemble it and have a romantic ride on it. Few more pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0349.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0350.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0351.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0353.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0354.jpg  

Old 24th March 2011, 23:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
with 'alas' I meant atlast, never knew that its 'apashakunam', sorry for that. Hoping in a day or two the sparrow should be on road, however I take time to get the detailing complete let's say another fortnight.

I wanted the rims, fork to be painted the same as body which my painter objected but that's the way I wanted it. I was not aware then that the Vespas came that way.

The nut & bolts were Zinced which is looking brand new, meanwhile I did assemble the break pedal, front wheel before lunch.

I am also eager to assemble it and have a romantic ride on it. Few more pics for you.

I'm really happy for you Bala that your scooter is now being rebuilt - I know how much you have longed for this moment It is looking beautiful!

Keep the updates and pictures coming my friend

Regards
Ed
Old 25th March 2011, 14:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ed for understanding, I promise I will give you all updated without fail with pictures, your post has boosted my enthusiasm.
Old 29th March 2011, 00:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Aha! another joyous day for me! My scooter is DONE, yes its DONE today after a painful delay for three months today the scooter was out of my bedroom reassembled in 2 hours.

Few things to complete like the seats, touchup, polishing, monograms, tail lamp etc and my 'Sparrow' will be flying high on roads soon.

Let the pics do the talking. Love to have your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0435.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0437.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0440.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0442.jpg  

Let's talk ITALIANO!! My vespa 1964.-spm_a0443.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th March 2011, 00:27   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aha! another joyous day for me! My scooter is DONE, yes its DONE today after a painful delay for three months today the scooter was out of my bedroom reassembled in 2 hours.

Let the pics do the talking. Love to have your comments.
Congrats Bala! Great to see your pink sparrow finally flying out!

I can see a member of your family sharing your enthusiasm in seeing her getting completed.
Old 29th March 2011, 00:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Yup this lovely chap has extended his help in developing scratches on the scoot, thank god timely rescue by my friend saved it, later changed his mind and started putting the tools back into the box at the end of the day, finally we both got our hands dirty and got our share of coating from respective moms.

Last edited by chanu : 29th March 2011 at 00:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks