Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 20:32   #1
roh

Need help restoring a 66 Beetle

hi team bhp,
my dad has left behind a 1966 VW beetle. may i know contacts who are into restoring car's of such vintage.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th September 2009 at 21:09.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Where is the car located? You might get better quality service in Goa or Mumbai.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Contact Pavan Kadam here, he is the expert when it comes to restoring VW's including beetle's !
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2009, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please do post some pictures, that would help ascertain the level of work required.
Old 11th September 2009, 22:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh View Post
hi team bhp,
my dad has left behind a 1966 VW beetle. may i know contacts who are into restoring car's of such vintage.
Location of the car please. Also, as pointed by other member, contact pavan. His desire and passion is to restore classics like this. Esp VW.

PAVAN - Where are you man?
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2009, 22:30   #6
BANNED

Quote:
hi team bhp,
Firstly buddy,

1) Please take care of the car in AS IS CONDITION.
2) Dont take it to any work shop without knowledge.
3) A Beetle is as reliable and much easier to maintain than any other car on earth.
4) And please put pics, so that lot of knowledgeable people on this Forum can guide you.

Dont sell the car for any reason, as such decisions can later lead to depression. We tend to give in to some weak moments and sell the car but later realise the emotional value is more than any money people can offer.

PLEASE.... PLEASE.. Keep the car.

Check this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...come-true.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Contact Pavan Kadam here, he is the expert when it comes to restoring VW's including beetle's !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Location of the car please. Also, as pointed by other member, contact pavan. His desire and passion is to restore classics like this. Esp VW.
PAVAN - Where are you man?

Buddies,

I came a bit late from office today, did not see this thread. I am ready to offer a fellow VW man any help he requires to get his DAD's Beetle running fine for a looooooong time in the family. More so because of the emotional bonding.
Old 11th September 2009, 23:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well the location and the pics are the first thing you need to do as of now and then you shall be adviced after that.
Old 12th September 2009, 00:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend who used ti be my partner when I had a small restoration shop in Hyderabad . He is from Goa and has since moved back there. He has a vast store of VW parts and knowledge so if anyone wants his contacts please PM me and I will send them to you.
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I have a friend who used ti be my partner when I had a small restoration shop in Hyderabad . He is from Goa and has since moved back there. He has a vast store of VW parts and knowledge so if anyone wants his contacts please PM me and I will send them to you.
sir,pls pm me his number
Old 4th December 2010, 13:28   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
so if anyone wants his contacts please PM me and I will send them to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
sir,pls pm me his number
Guys, exchanging important information via PM kills the purpose of this forum. Please share resources here on the public forum itself; that way, several other members & guests stand to benefit from the resource.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2010, 14:42   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, exchanging important information via PM kills the purpose of this forum. Please share resources here on the public forum itself; that way, several other members & guests stand to benefit from the resource.

Thanks
OK let me do it.

The persons name is Zozimo Reynolds.

He's an active T-BHP'ian.

And presently most of his VW spares are bought by me

While he can arrange for few VW twin port engines, anyone can try getting in touch with him on zozimo@rediffmail.com
Old 9th December 2010, 11:36   #12
BHPian

Re: Need help restoring a 66 Beetle

Thats Great Roh!

Go for it - put it together - even I am restoring a 1966 beetle at the moment - just started a couple of months back with a badly busted genuine 1300cc 66 beetle.

Go on start the job and along the way - will help you with a lot of tips on where to source the materials from and when to do that.

Cheers and Good luck!

Saurabh
Old 16th June 2012, 22:14   #13
roh

Dear Saurabh, been long time logging in. thanks for the support. all these years it has been difficult to find the technicians to do the restoration job on my 66 beetle. the car is finally in the garage. tinkering work has started on the drivers side. underbody is completely rusted. as far as the mechanicals go, we have not ascertained the quantum of damage. but this has been a car which was on the road running last 2001.electricals - 6v battery has been ordered for & electrician says rewiring is reqd. the main problem which we can see is accessories - door handles, headlight/taillights, turn indicator~dim dip stick. looking for your advice. am based in calicut now. car is being done up in my home town - mangalore. will travel down there soon & post some snaps on the forum
best regards - rohan
Old 17th June 2012, 01:42   #14
BHPian

Hi Rohan ,

Mangalore did you say ?? and was this car in mangalore all this while ? and did it by any chance come in from nigeria when it was bought in ?

Prashanth
Old 17th June 2012, 11:13   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Saurabh, been long time logging in. thanks for the support. all these years it has been difficult to find the technicians to do the restoration job on my 66 beetle. the car is finally in the garage. tinkering work has started on the drivers side. underbody is completely rusted. as far as the mechanicals go, we have not ascertained the quantum of damage. but this has been a car which was on the road running last 2001.electricals - 6v battery has been ordered for & electrician says rewiring is reqd. the main problem which we can see is accessories - door handles, headlight/taillights, turn indicator~dim dip stick. looking for your advice. am based in calicut now. car is being done up in my home town - mangalore. will travel down there soon & post some snaps on the forum
best regards - rohan
Rohan,

A VW Beetle is the easiest and the most simplest car to restore.

Why dont you get in touch with our T-BHP member Bullet_boy ( Pankaj ) for all the spares you are looking for. He runs a VW shop

Link:

Jalopy Shop

All the Best
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks