Team-BHP - My very own 1967 VW SplitBus
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   My very own 1967 VW SplitBus (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/75367-my-very-own-1967-vw-splitbus.html)

Its been a dream that i had been chasing since long.

Pavan Kadam had always pushing me to get hold of one rare VW.

One fine day he gives me a telephone number and wanted me to talk to one SplitBus owner, i spoke to the gentleman and things did not materialise and i left it there.

After 4 months i felt let me try, i call the gentleman again, He says "Buddy Come over, my macrobus is not yours:Cheering:"

Now, just few minutes away, i finally got the delivery of my very own ride, though its not 100% complete,but we made sure atleast 98% of things are in place.

Presenting "1967 VW SplitBus Deluxe"

Specifications:
1) 1967
2) LHD
3) 1500 cc engine

Congratulations brat ! Looking great clap:.
Please, some more photographs..

Congratulations.

Wierd time for delivery, but i know you've waited long enough, patiently.

Enjoy your ride :)

Some pics from my side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brat001 (Post 1728479)

After 4 months i felt let me try, i call the gentleman again, He says "Buddy Come over, my macrobus is not yours:Cheering:"

Is it correct what you meant?

Anyways, Congrats for getting such a lovely VW Bus!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1728529)
Is it correct what you meant?

Anyways, Congrats for getting such a lovely VW Bus!!

To excited buddy, let me rephrase it.:D

He said " My Macrobus is now yours"

He calls it Macrobus, while its actually called Microbus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brat001 (Post 1728534)
To excited buddy, let me rephrase it.:D

He he he ok..

When was the mIcrobus restored? Does it have B'lore number?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1728536)
He he he ok..

When was the mIcrobus restored? Does it have B'lore number?

:) The story goes back some months ago.

June 22nd 2009 we were having our Hyderabadi Biryani with the Bus owner, and on the table were the transfer papers.

By end of the same day, we updated the papers, transferred it to my name, got the NOC, loaded the Bus in a truck to Bangalore and we boarded the evening train to Namma Bengaluru.

And here in the city, Mr Pavan Kadam took the opportunity to test my never dying patience:D for 8 months before my lovely Baby was delivered.

I have ordered for few original parts, just need to install them to finish the last leg of restoration.

hey congrats...She is a beauty.do post more pics of interiors.

Congratulations. I saw two of these and a newer VW van beside my friend's house near nagawara a year ago. It looked like some garage. I Love the looks of the Microbus. i wish i could afford to buy one soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1728551)
hey congrats...She is a beauty.do post more pics of interiors.

Will do it sometime soon, thank you.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadaver_prad (Post 1728566)
Congratulations. I saw two of these and a newer VW van beside my friend's house near nagawara a year ago. It looked like some garage. I Love the looks of the Microbus. i wish i could afford to buy one soon

Thank you very much.

There are 2 Baywindow and some 3 or more caravelle in Bangalore. You must have seen them. This is the only running splitbus in Bangalore.

We tried painting some whitewall on the tyres, but did not work well.

Congratulations. Lovely vehicle, Some more pics please :). What's the tyre size?

Enjoy!!

brat congrats on the purchase she looks intact and the bike mirrors could be mistaken for the orignal :) but i would try and source the authentic ones as this split deserves the real stuff happy motoring

Hey congratz and its come out real well. Do post some better pictures when you get time to shoot :)

Congratulations Brat......what a nice find.....Very nice.

All the best

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishpv (Post 1729536)
Congratulations Brat......what a nice find.....Very nice.

All the best

It was indeed a nice find.

Some more pics from my side.