Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 21:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Triumph Spitfire MK3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil001 View Post
That's my Spitfire Mk III. Thank you very much for the kind words.

The car was adjudged runner up in the category - Classic Cars above 20 hp at the Bangalore Club show on Sunday.
I came across a car a few months ago while I was driving around, which turned out to be a Spitfire. I've been attracted to some old vintage cars in the past but this one really caught my eye.
I was wondering if you could tell me how much would a spitfire cost me if I wished to purchase one please. I reside in Bombay if that information may help you, help me : ). I tried to send this as PM but it said you've disabled PM or are not allowed to receive them.

Thanks for your Time!
Old 1st December 2013, 13:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I came across a car a few months ago while I was driving around, which turned out to be a Spitfire. I've been attracted to some old vintage cars in the past but this one really caught my eye.
I was wondering if you could tell me how much would a spitfire cost me if I wished to purchase one please. I reside in Bombay if that information may help you, help me : ). I tried to send this as PM but it said you've disabled PM or are not allowed to receive them.

Thanks for your Time!
Cost comes after you find the car! Have you found one?There aren't too many of these small sports cars in India.

Price is a difficult question to answer. It is foremost a matter of negotiation. Sellers are likely to quote high and you can bargain. Prior to purchase, you must ascertain the car's condition and factor into the price what you need to spend further as restoration costs. Mechanical flaws are often difficult to identify and surface after you buy the car. You are advised to involve a person experienced in mechanicals of old cars to evaluate the car. Otherwise, like me, you end up spending a lot in addition to the price!
phil001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 10:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information Phil!

Quote:
Cost comes after you find the car! Have you found one?There aren't too many of these small sports cars in India.

Price is a difficult question to answer. It is foremost a matter of negotiation. Sellers are likely to quote high and you can bargain. Prior to purchase, you must ascertain the car's condition and factor into the price what you need to spend further as restoration costs. Mechanical flaws are often difficult to identify and surface after you buy the car. You are advised to involve a person experienced in mechanicals of old cars to evaluate the car. Otherwise, like me, you end up spending a lot in addition to the price!
No Sir, I was just curious to the process is all .
Do you mind perhaps PMing me the info regarding your personal purchase and restoration costs?
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:38   #34

there is one for sale in delhi
Old 8th December 2013, 11:33   #35
BHPian

Hi,I was going through this tread today,and in regards to your query about finding someone for the DCOEs I know a guy in Mumbai ( near Bombay Central area) ,forgot his name but is known by the name of Carburetor Doctor . I got my single barrel Webers done by him and have been reasonably happy and with discussion I had with him ,he appears to be a competent chap,if interested i will try and source his name and number the next time I go to Mumbai.

Quote:
Very nice collection of pics.

For anyone interested, I have a 1968 Spitfire Mk III. Live in Bangalore now and struggling to find good people to work on a machine like this. Have twin Weber 40 DCOEs fitted and there's just about no one competent to tune them.

Would be interested in comparing notes.

Phillip
Old 11th January 2014, 20:33   #36
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video on youtube.

PPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 03:30   #37
BHPian

Attachment 1580045
Spotted near linking road, Bandra.
This car looks really beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Triumph Spitfire MK3-img_3342.jpg  

TheRajput is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 07:08   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

What lovely lines! What an evocative car.
That raw roar of the old carburretted engine must be mesmerising indeed. Wind in your hair and seat of the pants motoring at its best!
The heydays of the 1960's!
I love these pics - it makes me get shivers down my spine!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks