Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 19:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great Job Abhilash, the color just looks awesome. White walls will do full justice to the car.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:46   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Very Nicely done ! Just get rid of those Nova Mud Flaps.

Regards
I too agree. Black paint can be applied to conceal the messages in white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hey Abhilash great job dude. Amby looks very clean, period.
BTW does the dicky rubber lining which you require, the same as of a Fiat/PP.
The rear boot rubber lining can be also had from the Ambassador Auth. S.S. and the one that fits the new cars do their job well here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash View Post
The car is finally some what ready with work still pending.

The list is below if anyone can help would be great.

1. White Wall Tyres - 4 nos
2. New Tail Lamp Covers
3. Dicky Rubber Beeding
4. Rear Glass Beeding Set (Rubber & Chrome)
5. Wiper Blades (Only rubber also would do) - Driver side is good

The gurus in this forum will be able to find if i have missed any.

PS: Heater switch and oil gauge was hanging when this pics were taken now the same has been fixed and also the full panel running below the dashboard.
Another Amby of a bhpian that makes us all proud. A lovely job done Abhilash! Please also post the engine pictures. Is it the SV or OHV? The original engine would have been a SV.Does it have the SU or Solex carburettor?
-White wall tyres can be had from the MRF dealership on order.You can please go for MRF LEGEND with a broader white wall.
I got mine in 2008, costing some Rs 1900 plus each, but could get only the thinner white wall.
-Please keep lots of tail lamp and parking lamp covers as spare. These break often which makes the car look ugly.
-Rear glass rubber and chrome beading is too rare to find. I am waiting since 2003! Can sing the U2 pop song "I still have'nt found what I am looking for".It may come by any time.I think a trip to Mumbai (Mansuri or Opera House) will be worth it for some of the spares you need.
- I have a spare chrome wiper blade with rubber if you need!(not the entire unit but the part that holds the rubber)
And you must also look out for an original rear view mirror.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:52   #33
BHPian

@Abhilash: very nicely restored Amby. Its simply stunning. Waiting to see more pics on the same.

One of the FCB member had a 1957 Amby, its completely in stock condition. I'll gather some pics of the same, may be that will be helpful for the complete restoration. All the best. Nice car again.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:44   #34
BHPian

Dear Abhilash,

It is very nice to see your Amby in stock condition without any changes for and maintaining the originality.
Its very apreciative.
Regards
Bob
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Very Nicely done ! Just get rid of those Nova Mud Flaps.

Regards
Thanks, This has been changed to complete black now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hey Abhilash great job dude. Amby looks very clean, period. Does that floor dipper switch works or is it left as a dummy. Hope you have heard the stories of wires shorting due to improper fit and functioning and got that job done accurately.
BTW does the dicky rubber lining which you require, the same as of a Fiat/PP.
Thanks, The switch works, a shield has been given with packing, cause i wasn't there while wiring was being done, my cousin got it done for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz finally she is done, i like the color combination given for the car. Is the final polishing pending or is it just the picture?
Thanks Jaggu, Polishing has been done, but while the pic was taken it wasnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Great Job Abhilash, the color just looks awesome. White walls will do full justice to the car.
Thanks Manish, Still hunting for it. Hope to get hold them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I too agree. Black paint can be applied to conceal the messages in white!

The rear boot rubber lining can be also had from the Ambassador Auth. S.S. and the one that fits the new cars do their job well here too.

The mech said its not good fit, anyways will check on it agian.

Another Amby of a bhpian that makes us all proud. A lovely job done Abhilash! Please also post the engine pictures. Is it the SV or OHV? The original engine would have been a SV.Does it have the SU or Solex carburettor?
-White wall tyres can be had from the MRF dealership on order.You can please go for MRF LEGEND with a broader white wall.
I got mine in 2008, costing some Rs 1900 plus each, but could get only the thinner white wall.
-Please keep lots of tail lamp and parking lamp covers as spare. These break often which makes the car look ugly.
-Rear glass rubber and chrome beading is too rare to find. I am waiting since 2003! Can sing the U2 pop song "I still have'nt found what I am looking for".It may come by any time.I think a trip to Mumbai (Mansuri or Opera House) will be worth it for some of the spares you need.
- I have a spare chrome wiper blade with rubber if you need!(not the entire unit but the part that holds the rubber)
And you must also look out for an original rear view mirror.
This is where i'm left out, its running a matador engine, trying to get hold of a petrol one. I have 4 sets of parking lamps, but none of tail lamps.

Haha the beeding will be a long wait i'm sure.

A trip to Mumbai is on the cards may be next month will take the address to visit from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
@Abhilash: very nicely restored Amby. Its simply stunning. Waiting to see more pics on the same.

Thanks, sure will post some more.

One of the FCB member had a 1957 Amby, its completely in stock condition. I'll gather some pics of the same, may be that will be helpful for the complete restoration. All the best. Nice car again.
That would be of help, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Selva View Post
Dear Abhilash,

It is very nice to see your Amby in stock condition without any changes for and maintaining the originality.
Its very apreciative.
Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash View Post
Thanks Manish, Still hunting for it. Hope to get hold them soon.
those were there in a Bangalore shop while ago. please visit jc road.
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:44   #37
BHPian

Hi Abhilash,

Good to see your car and its done well. For the tyres you can approach Malabar tyre agencies on Malapuram road. I got 4 white walled tyres for my mark 4 from them. They are friendly and you can use my name if you like. for the beadings and wipers you can approach jaya automobiles in Calicut. I got mine from here. They still have stocks left. if not try in the scrap market in 4th gate. they have jalwa horns too, its worth picking up a pair and have to be smart at bargaining with the friends in the scrap market.

cheers,
Messiah.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:30   #38
h14
BHPian

Hi Abhilash! Great work, congratulations and do keeps us posted on further works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
Hi Abhilash,

Good to see your car and its done well. For the tyres you can approach Malabar tyre agencies on Malapuram road. I got 4 white walled tyres for my mark 4 from them. They are friendly and you can use my name if you like. for the beadings and wipers you can approach jaya automobiles in Calicut. I got mine from here. They still have stocks left. if not try in the scrap market in 4th gate. they have jalwa horns too, its worth picking up a pair and have to be smart at bargaining with the friends in the scrap market.

cheers,
Messiah.
Hi drmessiah, thanks a lot for sharing your valuable information. Even I'm on the lookout for these spares for my MarkII Amby, will check these places sometime when I get there. My Amby has been making slow progress in pollachi, but unlike Abhilash, I'm going in for a complete car rather than an original one. More details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...y-my-amby.html
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
Hi Abhilash,

cheers,
Messiah.

Thanks Doc, I tried Malabar they said they are not getting these anymore and its just a luck that you got them. Anyway will try Jaya or scrap market for the wiper and beadings. Horns I have originals and a spare one too in working condition.

BTW: Do you still have your car? I'm in town next week for 3 days let me know if your free to meet up. PM me your no.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks