Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 10:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Acquiring a Vauxhall Wyvern 1961

Dear All,

I have been offered a Vauxhall Wyvern 1961 and i have few questions on the same. (Will upload the pics soon).

1, Availibility of parts
2, Mechanics in Hyderabad

This beauty needs a paint job and complete wiring. I have been told that most of the parts are intact, this beauty was used till 1998. It is presently lying in a garage in Gulbarga.(North Karnataka).

Awating your comments/Suggestions.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

There is a vauxhall-wyvern being restored in Hyderabad. Go through this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...n-project.html
Old 5th May 2010, 11:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arun1100.

I will get in touch with Bluestraveller.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Thanks Arun1100.

Stanher is restoring it. So contact him.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun1100.

It is actually our dear friend Shyam aka Stanher who is to be contacted on this as he is restoring the car for bluestraveller.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Wasif Bhai. I have sent a pm to Shyam.
Awating his reply.
Old 6th May 2010, 00:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Silverwood on board, nice to see another Hyderabadi on the forum. Have you checked the car physically. Upload the picture so experts can give you a right directon. As in all the other classic availability of parts has never been off the shelf in most of the cases its chasing, perceverance and most important patience is required. wish you good luck.

Hey wasif, its been long time sir we have seen you on the forum. Yes absolutely for this car I can say Shyam aka Stanher is the guru. Wasif Hope you do drop in regularly.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I have been offered a Vauxhall Wyvern 1961 and i have few questions on the same. (Will upload the pics soon).

1, Availibility of parts
2, Mechanics in Hyderabad

This beauty needs a paint job and complete wiring. I have been told that most of the parts are intact, this beauty was used till 1998. It is presently lying in a garage in Gulbarga.(North Karnataka).

Awating your comments/Suggestions.
Hi Silverwood,

First things first, check out the tax arrears and the price of the car.

1).Now, getting parts for old british cars is reletively easier than any other car if you have the correct sources but they cost more because everything in England is more expensive than any where else in the world.So, if you are looking to do the car to complete concourse condition then that is possible with the availability of every part you would every require but then again you have the price factor.The other plus point is you can get good second hand parts at a reasonable price.

2).Well i really can't comment on the Mechanics in Hydrabad but you could take either Shyam or D.K.G's help to find some good mechanics.

3).Seing that the car is being lying for more than 10 years now there would be quite a bit of body work required which you will only come to know once you have seen the car. Apart from paint and wiring you have to do things like the brakes, chrome plating & Suspension. You may also have to rebuild the engine, replace the clutch plate and pressure plates & upholstry, depending upon the condition of these things. These are the minimum things you should be looking to do if you are planning to get the car into concourse condition, apart from this if you have other problems they would have to be looked into.

Looking forward to seing the pics soon.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th May 2010 at 01:34.
Old 6th May 2010, 09:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Welcome Silverwood on board, nice to see another Hyderabadi on the forum. Have you checked the car physically. Upload the picture so experts can give you a right directon. As in all the other classic availability of parts has never been off the shelf in most of the cases its chasing, perceverance and most important patience is required. wish you good luck.

Hey wasif, its been long time sir we have seen you on the forum. Yes absolutely for this car I can say Shyam aka Stanher is the guru. Wasif Hope you do drop in regularly.
Thanks Chanu for your comments.I will upload the pics over the weekend
I have contacted Stanher for the same.
Old 6th May 2010, 09:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi Silverwood,

First things first, check out the tax arrears and the price of the car.

1).Now, getting parts for old british cars is reletively easier than any other car if you have the correct sources but they cost more because everything in England is more expensive than any where else in the world.So, if you are looking to do the car to complete concourse condition then that is possible with the availability of every part you would every require but then again you have the price factor.The other plus point is you can get good second hand parts at a reasonable price.

2).Well i really can't comment on the Mechanics in Hydrabad but you could take either Shyam or D.K.G's help to find some good mechanics.

3).Seing that the car is being lying for more than 10 years now there would be quite a bit of body work required which you will only come to know once you have seen the car. Apart from paint and wiring you have to do things like the brakes, chrome plating & Suspension. You may also have to rebuild the engine, replace the clutch plate and pressure plates & upholstry, depending upon the condition of these things. These are the minimum things you should be looking to do if you are planning to get the car into concourse condition, apart from this if you have other problems they would have to be looked into.

Looking forward to seing the pics soon.
Dear IndrojitSircar,

Thanks for your comments.

I have been told that the engine is up and running. The owner said that paint and wiring is immediately required, he has already purchased a new battery.

I will upload the pics over this weekend.

Thanks again for your comments.

Silverwood (Waseem)
Old 6th May 2010, 11:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Silverwood.

Do put up some pics of the car.

Chanu

I am around most every day but off late there wasn't much happening here except people shooting canonballs around !
Old 6th May 2010, 14:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear IndrojitSircar,

Thanks for your comments.

I have been told that the engine is up and running. The owner said that paint and wiring is immediately required, he has already purchased a new battery.

I will upload the pics over this weekend.

Thanks again for your comments.

Silverwood (Waseem)
Hi Waseem,

If the engine is up and running that doesn't mean that you may not have to rebuild the engine, you have to also see in what condition the engine is running at i.e. is it giving any smoke and if it is then what colour is the smoke.That will also determine if you need to rebuild the engine.

Looking forward to the pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks